main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So what was Lando *planning* on flying in ROTJ?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JediCourier, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Clearly Lando wasn't expecting Han to fork over the controls to the Millennium Falcon, but that begs the question of what he had intended to fly into battle. The Home One hangar doesn't seem to offer any real clues.

I believe A-Wings carried Concussion Missiles, since we know Lando was still in charge of leading the fighter attack, and presumably also the charge into the bowels of the Death Star. (B-Wing and X-Wing both had proton torpedoes, right?), and Lando's personal ship that he presumably would've flown to the Home One rendez-vous would've been the LY-3000 Lady Luck, which wouldn't have stood a whelp's chance in a supernova at Endor.

Anybody care to share any insight?

2. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    He probably had other ships he could've used.

3. magicfann

magicfann Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Meh, the Alliance probably had spare X-wings or something. Maybe a captured TIE Hunter.

4. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    TIE Hunter's havn't appeared in anything except Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike. I believe they were just prototypes for the TIE Defender. I could be wrong.

-The Scummy-

5. Rouge_Three

Rouge_Three Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    I can't see Lando flying a Rebel starship like an A-Wing or X-Wing. Don't know why, I just don't.

Maybe he had a Cloud Car with him. o_O

6. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    He could have easily arrived at Home One on the Falcon with Han and Leia, seeing as he took the Falcon to Tatooine at the end of ESB... but as for what he would have flown in the battle, probably would have borrowed an Alliance fighter or something.

7. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    I agree, it would have to have been some sort of freighter/yaht ship. Probably the Lady Luck.
    we don't even know if Lando knows how to fly a starfighter. Besides, the big white helmet would totally clash with his cape.

8. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Besides, the big white helmet would totally clash with his cape.

LOL!!!

You have a point there :p

As someone else mentioned, the Luck isn't battle-worthy like the Falcon. They may have had another retrofitted freighter, but its more likely he was qualified in a fighter.

9. DARTHDREDD71

DARTHDREDD71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    T-16 Skyhopper.[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

10. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Don't think he could count on squeezing the Lady Luck into the Death Star's shafts though, see the problem? :p

Good point about the helmet though, totally not his style ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.