main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton So what/where/when is our next get together???

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Jan 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I had a blast playing Epic Duels the other night, and really enjoy hanging out with you guys, so I figured we should try and get another meeting going soon!

So when do you guys want to have another get-together? And what do you want to do?

Go to a movie? Have another "Games Night"? Have a FanFilm meeting? Go bowling? Go mini-golfing? Explore the complexities of the universe?

Post your ideas here, and we can try to get another meeting going soon!

Indy

2. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm up for pretty much anything, although an "Epic Duels Night" would be sweet! ;)

If we do a movie night it would be good to go on a cheap tuesday...we could wait for the results of the movie poll and then go see the movie that won.

A fanfilm meeting should be happening soon too, maybe a fanfilm/games night?

JawaGirl :)

3. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I like the Tuesday idea if we go to a movie, I am always up for saving a few bucks... :)

Just in case we want to do something as early as this weekend ;) what does everybody's schedules look like? I have Friday night off, work Saturday afternoon, and have all day Sunday off.

Indy

4. JawaGirl

Sep 19, 2002
    Well...Friday night is free for me, Saturday night is busy, and Sunday my family is celebrating ukrainian christmas.

5. Vua__Lah

Vua__Lah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm doing something friday, but the rest of my weekend is free. Though something might come up if I don't have any concrete plans.
    DON'T FORGET EPIC DUELS!!!

6. spottcat211

spottcat211 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2002
    I am good most of every day... But I am not positive about sunday... My parents (and ride) are going to the meuseum. I might just catch a ride with them.

Anyway I won't be missing this one. :)

7. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    :( I don't have any days off till Monday and Tuesday. So my vote would be one of those days :)

8. spottcat211

Jul 27, 2002
    Well... I'm back to work on monday (and work tuesday) but I would probablly be willing to catch a 7:00PM movie showing on tuesday or whatever...

I still vote for a games night, as I missed out on the last one (darn me for not checking the boards :() Oh well...

9. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well we could hit a cheap theater on Friday evening or go bowling or mini-golfing or something, and then make next Tuesday night our "Games Night" so that we can all gang up on Danny... :)

Indy

10. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Just checked the theater listings for Cinema City 12 and Westmall 6....

I would love to go see either I Spy, Signs, XXX, or Red Dragon at Cinema City 12 or Signs at Westmall 6, but I am up for just about any movie, except for possibly Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie :D

Looks like bowling is about 4.50 a game with shoe rentals at 2.10 a pair.

And Mini golfing is 9.00 at Professor WEMs.

Anyone have any other suggestions as to what we might do?

Indy

11. JawaGirl

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm up for Signs or Red Dragon!

JawaGirl

12. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Well I can't do anything this weekend but I may be able to make the monday Tuesday thing. :)

13. CanadaMoose22

CanadaMoose22 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2003
    Are Newbies invited? I'm interested in just about any kind of get together.

Moose (The Sherwood Park guy)

14. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Of course you are more than welcome to attend, Moose.

And to nip a problem we have had in the past in the bud, do you by any chance have a picture of yourself online that you can post so that we know what you look like? That way we will know who to look for on the night of the event... :) (We actually forgot to do this once, and didn't know who we were looking for, LOL)

Although nothing is for sure as of this moment of course, my best suggestion is to keep checking back as often as you can for updates... :)

And once again, Welcome!!!

Indy

15. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Yes...Gang up on poor old me. Thats what I get for hosting an event. I WAS FIRST OUT EVERY GAME!!! :p

But ummm, can we change the "Games night" to Monday? I have a ball hockey game to play on Tuesday at 8:00, and my team would be very angry if there goalie did'nt show up. So pleasssssseee can we change it to Monday? :)

16. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well why didn't you say that in the first place???? *smack smack* :)

I'm have nothing planned for Monday night either, so if that works for everybody else... :)

Indy

17. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    SHE LIVES!!!... barely
    Sorry I haven't been around, I think the holidays have just about killed me, (if I ever volounteer to cook that much food ever again someone slap me :)
    Movie night sounds good, I haven't see Red Dragon yet, and I'm totally willing to see Signs again. Monday is good, then again I don't have anything going on in the evenings all this week. :D

18. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Welcome back Terry!!! We were missing you!!!

Well sounds like movie night on Friday (tonight) is a go...

Now we have a choice to make, here are the showtimes:

Cinema City 12:

Signs 6:55 and 9:30
    Red Dragon at 9:50

-OR-

Westmall 6:

Signs at 9:30

So what do we want to see? 9:50 may be a little late to start a movie, not to mention the fact that Red Dragon is rated R and Alex might not make it in, although they are [b]MUCH[/b] more lax about that kind of stuff nowadays.

And if we do decide on Signs, and it is just us West-Enders going, we might as well save some time and hit Westmall 6...

I am honestly open for anything, I want to see each movie equally, and I don't care what times, so I will leave it up to you guys as to what/where. :)

Indy

And Alex, if you need a lift, just let me know and I can provide one, whether it be there and back, or just there, or just back. Save your Dad some driving. :) Let me know if you need it.

19. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    I was just told of the hockey game yesterday, but it seems everyone can do Monday anyways. Sorry for the trouble :)

20. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Sorry I won't be able to make the movie today :( but i hope you all have fun :)

21. spottcat211

Jul 27, 2002
    Okay... My vote is signs...

If I was picking the showtime I would probablly pick the 6:55PM showing... (still live way out in Devon with a 30 min ride there and back... Besides I wouldn't want my parents to have to hang around until eleven)

Anyway just my two cents... Looking forward to the event

22. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well there is one vote for 6:55 Signs...

And it's okay Danny, all I wanted was an excuse to give you a smack...

You have the interactive R2 and I don't! *smack*

See? :D

Indy

23. JawaGirl

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm up for a show tonight, time doesn't really matter to me. So discuss away :) and I'll be there!

Great to see you back on the boards Terry! Have you played Epic Duels yet? You're going to love it!

So looks like game night will be Monday?

24. spottcat211

Jul 27, 2002
    Okay... Well the fan is going in my comp so I am heading out to BCOM... I hope to be back at my computer before the show... I hope Cinema City is all right with you guys... I will probablly be there at about 6:35PM-6:40PM hopefully (who am I kidding I am always late.. Darn people don't get out the door fast enough sometimes.) I hope I see you then! :D

25. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Yup, looks like Games Night will indeed be Monday. I shall crush you all like the...

*cough*

Anyways, looks like we are heading to the 6:55 showing of Signs at Cinema City 12, 99 street and 34 ave. Say meet in the line up to buy tickets at around 6:30-6:40?

So far we have Mindy, Alex, Terry, and myself... is Tavia coming as well Mindy? And possibly Moose if we can get a pic of him or find some way of meeting up... :)

See ya'll tonight!!!

Indy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.