main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST So what will the intro sequence with the logos look like?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jonipoon, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    I don't really care if the show the Disney or Bad Robot logos, but I doubt they will show them.

2. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    I've always thought there should be zero music or sound effects before the opening fanfare, and it should look like this.

[​IMG]

3. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    This but with a custom-for-starwars disney logo.
    I love the retro lucasfilm logo

4. Bobby Roberts

Mar 24, 2014
    I took the Disney logo from one of the Disney/Bruckheimer productions. I think it was the first Pirates movie, which is over 10 years ago, so I guess you could make the argument both those logos are "retro." :)

5. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I don't think you will see the Disney logo at all.

I think there will be a new - extended 'Lucasfilm' intro (similar to that of Marvel) and then we get into the regular Star Wars a long time ago....and crawl.

No bad robot logo either - as Lucasfilm is still the primary production company at the helm.

6. Bobby Roberts

Mar 24, 2014
    Probably won't see the Disney logo (it's not on the Marvel movies) but you're going to see the words "Bad Robot" at some point before the film starts. It's a co-production. There's no "primary/secondary" distinction to be made. Abrams and Burk are producing it. They're Bad Robot. So it's going to be Bad Robot/Lucasfilm.

My only hope with that mockup is that they decided to forgo the animated logos for both companies, and simply do the plain green text on a black background.

It's not TOO far out of bounds, I don't think. Especially if there's rumors that Abrams' wish to get this thing to line up visually with Star Wars (1977) is such that he's trying to find filters that match perfectly with the film grain from 77. He might want the intro to look as much as it can like 77, too.

7. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    [​IMG]

Right here baby! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

bobbyroberts likes this.
  8. Bobby Roberts

Mar 24, 2014
    That was fun, wasn't it?

One of the more reliable ways to tell something's been faked on the internet: Someone has taken a blurry picture of a screen, at an angle, with their phone.

Dewback likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Oooh will Kevin Spacey be in it?

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Just curious...but do the Marvel movies have the Disney fanfare? For the life of me, I can't remember if they do.

11. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002

That's a negative.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    So, it's possible that we won't see it in the Lucas films, then.

13. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013

I like this one minus the SW first seconds, it fits for me. Ooh! and perhaps the fireworks could be the ones in ROTJ end?

14. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    I threw together a disney/lucas intro sequence. I even threw in a crummy opening crawl, because why not. :)

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  15. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Apologies if this is being discussed elsewhere and it's a relatively minor topic, but one of the major pieces that I know I'll miss going into Episode VII and all new films from here on out will be the lack of the 20th Century Fox logo and the accompanying fanfare leading into the Lucasfilm logo.

I think the overriding assumption has been that instead we'll all be treated to the Walt Disney logo accompanied by "When You Wish Upon a Star," but might that in fact not be the case? Like Lucasfilm, Marvel too is owned by Disney, but their films open solely with the Marvel logo. Is it possible that Episode VII will only open with Lucasfilm and (assumedly) Bad Robot logos? On the other hand, Pixar is owned by Disney and all of their films begin with both studio logos.

Thoughts on this?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  16. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I am indifferent on this subject. These logos are speedbumps on the way to the goodness!

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Bad Robot / Lucasfilm. No Disney castle. Wasn't on the most recent Marvel flicks so I can't see it happening, unless Disney *reallly* wants to show off their shiny new IP. Maybe just a logo of Bob Iger swimming in a pool of money?

But definitely Bad Robot is in. I'd put odds that Bad Robot will be first but since it's a Lucasfilm production it might come second (generally, the directors production company is the 2nd credit after the studio backing it with the cash). But I think for the sake of tradition, we'll get Lucasfilm logo into "A Long Time Ago".

What'll really burn your brain is, what music will play infront of the Bad Robot / Lucasfilm combo logo? Any? Disney theme? Weird rip-off the Fox fanfare?

18. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    My wish is that something along the lines of the first 24 seconds of Binary Sunset would play over the logos.

I have the feeling that they will come up with something awesome.

19. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Yes, yes they will.

Eh, really? In that case never mind.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012

Dude, yes! The first few seconds of that track where the flute or clarinets kick in...that's what I'd expect to be in place of the Fox fanfare when the Disney and/or Bad Robot logo graces the screen.

Ahhh! Guys! Only 15 months and some change until we see the 7th installment of the past century's best story ever told!

Dak Oolron, TheBBP and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  21. Pasjo_Kynrid

Pasjo_Kynrid Jedi Master star 2

Jan 21, 2004
  22. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Repost from here.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I expect the Bad Robot logo, but with R2 instead of the regular robot :)

I expect a Disney castle, on the fiery lake of Mustafar :)

And I expect the traditional Lucasfilm logo, as well

The Fox Fanfare will be missed, but if they add a SW-esque Disney castle (similar to what Tron: Legacy had) it could be very cool!

24. TelemachosJr

TelemachosJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    I imagine (soory dont know its exact name) the theme for the new hope double sunset scene over the logos (wether there's a disney logo or not i imagine a redesigned lucasfilm logo like when marvel redesigned theres when thor 2 came out since abrams isnt doing all 3 (which he should be the only mistake disney has made so far) i bet no bad robot)

25. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    "Binary Sunset" or something similar would be cool, but I'm looking for some DRUMS, baby! Give us something upbeat to tear the roof off the building!
    (Before we quiet down in awe of FINALLY seeing "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....")

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.