main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST So what will the intro sequence with the logos look like?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jonipoon, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    I mean, TCW had "Executive Produced by George Lucas" instantly at the end of every episode.

Edit: Lol I read your edit after I posted this. That's probably what it'll be. Thanks.

Import_Jedi likes this.
  2. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

I wonder how it'll do against Avatar 2. It just might give us a taste of "Episode VIII vs. Avatar 3", assuming both of them are released December 2017.

3. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I don't think this will be "Created by George Lucas" but more like "Based on Characters Created by George Lucas"

I think "Directed by J.J. Abrams" will come first though.

4. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Directed by JJ Abrams has to come first. When there's no opening titles, the credits have to run in reverse order as they normally would if there were opening credits.

Lucas will not get an Executive Producer credit, because he's not an Executive Producer. If he does get one, it'll be entirely ceremonial, like his Creative Consultant credit.

I'm not even sure if "Based on characters created by George Lucas" will show up, but it might.

Darth Malgus likes this.
  5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I dunno. I wasn't overly fond of Avatar outside of the fact that it was an amazing use of 3D. Other than that, I think that the film is grossly overrated.

6. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The intro will be like this.

jedinightwing and Import_Jedi like this.
  7. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    That was so awesome.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Worst Boy: Adolf Hitler

Forees: A Jolly Good Jedi

9. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Star Wars
    Created By:​
    George Lucas

^That's what he's going to get. And it won't come before JJ. TV and film are different mediums, and in film, the director's going to get the main credit. The above credit would probably appear after the "Screenplay By" and "Story By" credits.

Apart from that, he may receive a creative consultant credit, but I think the above just wraps it all together. It is his legacy, it's his former companies (Lucasfilm, ILM, Skywalker Sound, etc) and his close friends that are making the film; they'll toss in some sort of credit for him. And depending on how much of Lucas' treatment survives in the final product (or if they incorporate a major plot element), he may also receive a "Story By" credit.

I mean, Glen Larson had no involvement in the new "Battlestar Galactica" series and he was still given a "Consulting Producer" credit, so given the fact that Star Wars is a stronger, more profitable and more marketable brand, and given Lucas' legacy, he's going to get at least one credit, rest assured.

10. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    At the end of Spark of Rebellion (Rebels pilot movie) it showed this ((I paused the movie and took the screengrab)):

[​IMG]

Uncle George got his credit in this style.

[​IMG]

Hopefully that answers some questions and alleviates a few concerns?

bobbyroberts likes this.
  11. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    So I was close... I knew he would get a "Based on *** created by" style credit somehow.

12. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    in Star Wars video games, he always gets a "a very special thanks to George Lucas" credit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.