main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So What Would Have Happened If Anakin Went With Mace To Get Sidious??

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by MasterThrawn, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterThrawn

MasterThrawn Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    I mean he said he had to go - was this to make sure he didn't get killed? Or what?? Would it have helped or hurt the other Jedi there??

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Same thing, just a little sooner.

3. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Well we wouldn't have had that really great scene where Anakin struggles with the darkness in the Jedi Council Chambers and Padme feels it from across the city.

4. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Knowing Anakin's impulsiveness, Palpatine may not have cut down the other Jedi, fearing that Anakin would reflexively attack him. He might have gone peacefully and try to turn him later. Part of the reason Anakin did what he did was because he saw Palpatine as an unarmed man cowering in the corner, never with a lightsaber and referred to Mace's actions as an assassination attempt rather than a duel. That of course doesn't explain the dead Jedi he had to step over on his way in.

5. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Anakin would have seen Palpatine as an evil Sith Lord, not as a quivering old man begging for his life.

6. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    He didn't have to step over any dead Jedi. That was in Palp's private office. He enters in the public one, doesn't he?

7. MilesTeg

MilesTeg Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    Hmmmm . . . somehow I don't think Anakin would have been as convinced of a plot to oust the good Chancellor if he witnessed Palps cutting down 3 Jedi and trying to kill Mace.

8. WondersOfMovies

WondersOfMovies Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    well, if that were the case, then the simplest answer to this author's question would be, no Original Trilogy Movies. Simple as that.

The Jedi will restore order to the galaxy, Anakin would be promoted to a Jedi Master, Padme won't die of child birth, and of course, everyone lives happily ever after sooner than in Ep.6.

9. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Not exactly. The Jedi would still be considered outlaws, considering that they murdered the 'beloved' Chancellor. The thing is Anakin would simply be with them. ;)

10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    If anakin had went with Mace, then Anakin would'ev helped kill Mace and the other three, just like he did. Mace forbid him to go because he sensed Anakin's confusion.

And by the way, Anakin obviously knew Palpatine wasn't just an innocent, helpless man being attack by the Jedi. In the first place, Anakin alreadys knows that he's a Sith lord (he's the one that told Mace, remember?) and in the second, Anakin had to walk over three dead Jedi masters to get in the room as is. That's quite the ample evidence.

Anakin never believed Palpatine was innocent or helpless. The only thing he believed---and the only reason he stopped Mace--is that his only chance of saving Pamde was about to be chopped in half with a lightsbaer, literally.

Anakin never cared about the "Jedi traitor" angle, and never once seriously mentions it. In fact, he flat out disagrees with Papltine about the Jedi the majority of the time. The only thing he agrees to is general stuff like "they're holding him back" or "hiding the power to save Padme from him." But everything else, he plainly tells Palpatine he was wrong. Padme was the only reason he turned, the only reason he ever saved Palpatine.

11. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Like I said, he never had to step over any dead Jedi. The fight starts in Palpatine's private office and moves into his Chancellor office. Anakin enters through the public door. He doesn't see Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar or whatever, or Saiese Tin.

12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Well, he saw four Jedi leave the Temple. Mace said they were all going together to get Palpatine.

When Anakin enters, from whatever door, he sees Mace and Palpatine. What happened to the other three? Hmm.

Given that Anakin knows Palpatine is the Sith lord, I don't think it's that big of a leap in logic for him to think "Maybe the evil, powerful Sith lord killed the other 3 Jedi that were supposed to be helping MAce, but are suddenly nowhere to be found."

13. DarthScottyus

DarthScottyus Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    In the book OB1 said that Anakin is loyal to his friends. This is also alluded to in the movie. Anakin and Mace were not friends. However, Anakin and Palpatine were friends.

So the result would have been the same--Anakin would have stood up for his friend.

EDIT:
    Oh, and it's good to see Padme-Bra back around.

14. DarthLexsidous

DarthLexsidous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2004
    He would have seen that Sidious was truly evil and would stay loyal to the Jedi. More then likely he might have been killed along with the other jedi. But who knows he might have forfilled the prophecy then and there, due to him killing Dooku days before and now killing the sith master.

15. vaderboy5

vaderboy5 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    ANAKIN WOULD HAVE SEEN SIDIOUS ATTACK THE JEDI AND IT WOULDNT HAVE LOOKED LIKE MACE ASSINATING PALPATINE

MACE IS IN MY MIND THE BIGGEST REASON ANAKIN FALLS TO THE DARK SIDE

16. Tedakin

Tedakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    I think Palpatine wouldn't have been able to murder those 3 Jedi. Anakin was tricked into thinking Mace Windu was trying assassinate Palpatine. He saw nothing but an old man crumpled in a corner with a Jedi attacking him. So he believed Mace to be evil.

17. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001

The movie would have ended.

18. Lord_Newbie

Lord_Newbie Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    Thank you for making this thread.

19. AJSkywalker

AJSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    "What would have happened if Anakin Went With Mace?"

Have you seen ROTS yet!?!?!?!?

20. DarthLexsidous

DarthLexsidous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2004
    Like I said before, the three jedi who die would die, Sidious would still try to convince Anakin to side with him to save Padme, all the while dueling Mace. If Anakin helped Mace and they killed Sidious they would still be a troubled galaxy. The senate would see the jedi as killers, however I dont think that anything would happen to the temple. The clones would still be loyal to the jedi for they are not given order 66.

21. where_the_heart_is

where_the_heart_is Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    anakin and mace would of doubled teamed sids and whooped his arsse.

22. bouj

bouj Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    Palpatine waited for decades for his plan to come to fruition. I'm pretty sure he had a plan for every contengiency, including Anakin being there when it went down with Mace.

It wouldn't have made one bit of difference if Anakin was there from the start. Anakin already knew Palpatine was a Sith. He didn't need to be convinced that Palpatine was evil, he needed to be convinced that Mace and the Jedi were making a move against the Chancellor and the Senate. Palpatine would have told Anakin what he needed to hear once the other 4 Jedi had pulled their sabers.

"See, Anakin! I was right! They're attacking me! Treason!"

Not much different from the way it happened anyway. Palpatine claims self-defense as he fights the Jedi. Only Anakin sees it. Remember, Anakin only needed to be convinced that Palpatine was right, not that he wasn't a Sith.

And didn't Lucas film an alternate version of the Mace-Palpatine duel where Anakin was there the whole time? I remember seeing some promo shots of the 4 Jedi coming to arrest Palpatine while Anakin was standing next to the Chancellor.

23. Lixsta

Lixsta Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    I mean he said he had to go - was this to make sure he didn't get killed? Or what?? Would it have helped or hurt the other Jedi there??

I think if Anakin went with Mace, it would've put Palpatine in a harder position because Anakin would be seeing the whole evil side of Palpatine and see that Mace was really trying to arrest palpatine, not kill him. That would make a huge difference. But instead Anakin sees Mace threatening to kill and defenseless man begging for his life

24. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I think Anakin would have been caught up in trying to put Palpatine down....he sees some Jedi getting owned (and of course Palpatine wouldn't attack him) and his "I'm a better fighter then any Jedi" cockiness would have kicked on. Granted, he might have just stood back and until Mace had Palpatine at a disadvantage Anakin might not have gotten involved.

One thing Mace said before the 4 jedi went to the chancellor's office was that what Anakin said was true then he would trust Anakin. Anakin no doubt would feel it was a desrespect, and had not sympathized with Mace. If Mace was going to take Anakin he proably wouldn't have said that (maybe Mace would say, "Let's go together and get him"), and so wouldn't have Anakin angry at him.

25. master_yoda3

master_yoda3 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    hey! i think that if anakin listened 2 master windu then the chancellor would be dead and then anakin wouldnt turn 2 the dark side

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.