main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So whats with this VIP room?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Boskone_Kenobi, Feb 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    If I am going to pay $30 to get into this room, which alleges to have nothing but video monitors, it had better be worth it. Anyone know more?

It was my hope that this room might be one where we could share all the fanfilms that did not make the cut for the official judging.
    Everyone bring a tape of your effort.

I've got a great movie where I edited myself into the HOTH battle, but it cant be judged of course because of the copyrighted material. I would like to show it to people there, or anyone now who is interested.

You can find it here:
    www.hometown.aol.com/strahd27/movies.html

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    It's unlikely that many details about the VIP room will be revealed, at least not for a while, and it's even more unlikely that WotC will officially provide us with our own place for non-LFL fan films. I have heard that they will be playing Fan Films at the fan tables for TheForce.Net and The Fighting 501st Legion.
    BTW, where can I find some info on this V.I.P. lounge?

3. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    I e-mailed WotC and got some more info on this VIP room. You don't pay $30 to get into it you have to be a member of the official Star Wars Fan Club:

"There is a Star Wars fan club lounge and you must be a fan club member and have purchased a ticket to Celebration to get into the lounge. Hope this info helps calrtify.

Jeanette Keblish
    Sales & Marketing Manager
    Star Wars Celebration II & Gen Con
    425-687-2183 phone
    425-271-5215 fax
    "

So in addition to getting into SWC2 an our early, and getting a subscription to the Star Wars Insider, a members lanyard, you also get a special lounge at SWC2.

4. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    I think Boskone was referring to paying $30 for the fan club membership in order to recieve the lanyard. :)

5. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Oh yeah, well, your not paying $30 just to get into the VIP room/lounge. U get allot more.

6. CrimeDawg

CrimeDawg Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    I wanna know what the deal is as well. I am a fan club member, but my girlfriend is not, and she won't be allowed in. She thinks that's where all the really cool stuff will be, but I don't think they would royally screw over the non-fan club members like that, would they?

Dawg

7. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    I wouldn't worry. There are going to be so many things to see and do at SWC2 that if you miss the members room its no big deal. There's going to be fan tables, dealers, archive displays, galleries, an official SWC2 concert with John Williams and an orchestra, SW Celebs, a costume contest, fan films, etc.

8. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I do find it to be a little troublesome. I would love for my wife to join me in these activities, but why should we buy 2 subscriptions to the Insider just so she can get in an hour early and go to a special VIP room. I'm not going to ditch her just to get special collectibles or hang out in the VIP room. There has to be an easier way to do this.

9. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    The only way to do this is to go in at the regular time. WotC can't make special exceptions for every fan that has a friend or family member.
    Of course you could always try e-mailing WotC and asking them.
    Allowing members in an hour early is a pretty good idea because it breaks up the number of people coming to the con. Instead of 10k+ people trying to get in once, it will be considerably less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.