main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC So what's your (fashion) style?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Obi Anne , Jan 28, 2016.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The thread about men's suits made think about fashion and what people wear in general, and to work. Personally I'm happy that I can wear the same kind of clothes to work that I would chose if I just went out shopping, and I'm pretty confident in my own style (even if it's not the most trendy). In general dress code in Sweden is quite casual, sure I'm not into finance or anything like that, but I don't think I've ever met a person professionally who wears a suit, jeans with a shirt for mean and some kind of top for women is definitely acceptable for almost all occasions. My boss actually got quite stressed when we had a royal visit this autumn and she felt that she needed to actually buy a coordinated suit. SInce part of my work is underground, or meeting school classes, I have a work uniform of polo shirt, fleece sweater, jacket and cargo pants, but when I'm just doing "office" work I can dress in what I like.

I'm also trying more and more to buy from smaller independent brands instead of the big chains, even if it's more expensive I prefer to buy less but in higher quality. I'm going for a retro style or a classic cut, but with more modern prints than original 60's or 70's fabrics.

One of my favorite brands is Margot and of bigger brands I definitely have a weak spot for Desigual. As for shoes I would love it if my feet could fit into Irregular Choice shoes, but I'm totally inbetween their sizes.

So what's your

2. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    august - april: comfy and ugly. whatever i can fit two layers of wool underneath.
    may - july: 90% just jeans and a sweater. 10% actually making an effort to look like i somewhat care

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't care about fashion and I loathe dressing up. I prefer to wear jeans and a casual shirt or t-shirt or sometimes a polo shirt. If I could get away with it, I wouldn't even buy new clothes until my old ones were literally falling apart.

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    My default outfit is a pair of jeans and a graphic t-shirt usually of the SW variety.

6. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    If they sell it at Target, I'll wear it.

7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I pretty much dress like it is still 1994

8. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Ralph, Boss, Gucci, Zegna, Kenzo, Paul Smith, Steve McQueen, Burberry, Jack London.

Mine is kind of like British mod meets conservative college student. Fitted jumpers with long sleeve shirts but with slim jeans or chinos and designer or converse sneakers. Though i'm even relaxing the collar shirts at the moment when it comes to jumper combinations.

I'm actually wearing this exact outfit today since it's a very rare cold day for this time of the year:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I was in the Hugo Boss store. Three stories high, and nothing appealed to me. Except one thing.
    There was one jacket on a mannequin at the base of the stairs that just shone, as if it was made in heaven. It was brown leather, but deeper and brighter than any brown leather you'd ever seen - goatskin leather. It had some zippers, but those were more elaborately stitched into the fabric than you've ever seen it done - giving the jacket its finishing gleaming touch.

I tried it on and it fit me perfectly. As if tailored.
    Then I looked at the price tag. It was over a thousand dollars.

In the weeks afterwards, I was set on finding something that came close to it, but cheaper. Found a great jacket for less than 200. And that's my style: cheap variations of what I'd really like to wear. :p

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm surrounded by barbarians, I swear.

As for what's my style? I don't know how to name it. Retro seems inadequate :p I like 19th century cuts and styles, and you can find that on modern jackets and shirts. Pea coats, for instance.

But I've been known to wear t-shirts in recent years, which is scandalous. Never jeans though. Never jeans.

But I'm also not very interested in brand names. Unless I can find something from a fashion house that fits what I'd like to wear -- but never got its own sake.

Flashing brand names and or expensive attire for its own sake is tacky. I just like being faux-aristo :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    At work, I tend to be in suits. Except today - I'm wearing dark blue jeans, suede chukkas, and a polo.

Outside of work, it depends. Summer? Usually dying from the humidity - I'm a cold weather person. But shorts, t-shirt as you'd expect. Mostly I tend to wear unadorned, plain crew necks - navy, black, grey, green.

Autumn, winter - my style would be Quantum of Solace. :p

12. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Boring.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You must look quite bizarre wearing collinders, iPads, pencils and decorative pillows.

14. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    You would think, but it's actually the groceries that wear the worst.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    No u

16. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Um, yeah, that's my answer to the question posed by the thread.

Ender Sai and Boba Nekhbet like this.
  17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Haha, Ender Sai that one went right over your head!

18. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Day to day its fairly comfortable/sacrificial clothing (loose shirts and pants) since I work on a farm or at a textile mill. Don't want farm goo/dirt/grease on a nice dress. ;) And during the winter its called 'survival gear'....lots of layers, fleece and wool when I'm outside.....pjs and a fleece robe inside. Gotta stay warm. This winter isn't too bad. Last winter felt like I moved to Hoth.

On rare occasions, I actually get to wear nice clothes. I tends towards whimsical/classic outfits (a-line dress w/ bell sleeves and an underskirt, retro '50s swing dress). Its more about finding things I like and am comfortable in. I don't care much at all for designer brands or up to date fashion. I have some shoes I like, but that's one place where comfort always wins if I'm going to be on my feet all day. I have an old back injury....wearing the wrong shoes can be crippling. I try to color coordinate if I can....but I'm not going to wear pretty shoes or heels most of the time.

Being petite has its perks.....like fitting in these. The perfect indoor shoe!

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's difficult to find turnips in just the right shade.

20. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I wear whatever is comfortable.

21. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Still trying to figure that out.

22. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Banana in the tailpipe.

23. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Jacobean ruff

Sarge and Ender Sai like this.
  24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The temperature has crept up to just be around freezing, so I was happy that I could wear my favorite coat today.

[​IMG]

And I find one of the best things with knowing what kind of clothes you like is that you can wait until they go on sale, since I know that I will like them just as much in a couple of months. I hardly ever buy clothes full prize nowadays.

25. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Usually jeans and a printed shirt (Depends on current interest).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.