main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC So what's your (fashion) style?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Obi Anne , Jan 28, 2016.

1. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Me with effort:
    [​IMG]

Me lazy:

[​IMG]

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Mostly thriftwear.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    More or less a hipster.

4. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Clothing only needs to fulfill 2 criteria for me - comfort and practicality. I obsess about the cut, texture and weight of any clothing item I put on my body, even color falls under this category, as darker colors make me hotter. I can't stand this current trend of slimmer fitting clothing. I miss boxier t-shirts and roomy pants of the 90's. Usually I have to settle for used work/outdoor wear and military surplus for the looser, worn-in feel I prefer in my pants.

Thrift/free t-shirts - black, grey, light green or light blue, usually with some graphic or logo. Love the cheap mass-produced ones that are purchased in bulk for one-time events like blood drives and such. 100% cotton, hate blends.
    Vintage Hawaiian shirts.
    Cargo pants - black, brown, green, khaki.
    Black or Blue hoodie.
    Blue slip on vans or grey work boots
    Baseball style hat of some sort.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm fat, so I'm not allowed to have a fashion style.

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Mumu is a style.

7. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    That's not true. You can choose between T-shirt or Hawaiian shirt.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  9. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Well everything I wear looks like it's still on the hanger.

10. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Honestly... I try to have "style", but it always just ends up being whatever is cheap and I can stand wearing lol. So, generally my style is whatever is at Target.

Altho... I never walk out of Target without spending quite a bit more than I should so maybe my fashion isn't always that cheap? :cool:

11. Isotope217

Isotope217 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2002
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    All dressed up with nowhere to pillage.
    [​IMG]

Gussied up in my Sunday-go-to-meetin' armor.
    [​IMG]

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
    [​IMG]

Selfy in my battle jacket.
    [​IMG]

Armor all spiffed up so I could pose for my own effigy.
    [​IMG]

Casual Friday wear.
    [​IMG]

I don't know; I'm making this up as I go.
    [​IMG]

13. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Sarge how much did those earrings cost? Buck an ear?

Pensivia, Sarge and Coruscant like this.
  14. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    dark wash jeans, gym shoes, either a t-shirt or blouse. I am a teacher so I need to be comfortable but also able to break up a fist fight without flashing my chinchilla to 17 year old boys.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    winter: dark blue jeans, turtleneck, dark blue socks, black nike's , leather jacket
    summer: cargo's and lightweight button down shirts and polos

16. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    My style on any day is nerdy, 'luxe', or indie. Since its hard to define I basically say if I had unlimited clothing budget, I'd have anything from Alexander McQueen items to t-shirts from ThinkGeek. Some days I look like a fashion magazine, some days I look like I'm going to make daisy crowns, some days I look like I need to find the nearest convention.

17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I asked my wife to describe my fashion style and she said "homeless" :p

Pensivia likes this.
  18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Slightly costume-like at work but mostly tailored pants, tops and such. My particular job is very physical so no dresses and such (plus the fact that a bunch of psychos put the supplemental air conditioning on during the winter.) Occasionally, I'll pick up something fun at Free People (way over priced and not constructed well, but cool stuff.) I always wait for sales too.

Home: usually t shirts and jeans, but I'll occasionally get a little more fancy.

When I do move away from corporate, I definitely see myself wearing more costume-like clothes. I enjoy drape-like tops and such. I miss my punk-metal head days when I would wear more funky things.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    My job requires khakis and a navy blue polo, but otherwise I wear jeans.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Shirt and tie, 5/7 of the week.

Gym shorts and a hoodie, 2/7 of the week.

21. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Today I did not follow my philosophy so I bought a one colored dress from an expensive brand. It was half price though and the dress did have some interesting draping to make it stand out from plain dresses.

Skickat från min GT-I9515 via Tapatalk

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

[​IMG]

Sarge, what did the priest say when you showed in church in full Crusader kit? Is God cool with cosplay in church? :p [face_laugh]

23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Chancellor_Ewok, we coordinated all that beforehand. It was part of a children's message based on Paul's epistle to the Ephesians, chapter 6, putting on the whole armor of God: belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, helmet of salvation, shield of faith, shoes of the Gospel, sword of the Spirit. Kids loved it, and adults applauded right in the middle of the church service! :eek:

I've done that at two different churches now. That pic was the first time; here's a couple from the second time:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Havac likes this.
  24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I tend toward the jeans and tee shirt or tank top because it's quick, but I've been trying to dress a little nicer when I go out somewhere: Skinny jeans, boots and a nice top with accessories. It's a work in progress, I still frequently fall back into the lazy way.

I love dressing up to go to a show or dinner, it's not something I'd want to do every day, but I do enjoy it on occasion. There just aren't enough situations to really dress up, I'm talking wearing a gown. I need to find some way to get invited to black-tie events. :p

At work, I wear scrubs which while certainly comfortable and practical, they aren't attractive. That is one thing I miss being a bank teller when I was in school, we dressed up during the week and could wear jeans and a polo on the weekends. It was the best of both worlds.

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    This is closer to my real every day style. Except for the helmet and goggles. Those are for special occasions.
    [​IMG]