main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC So what's your (fashion) style?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Obi Anne , Jan 28, 2016.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Cool weather for work: slacks and a shirt or blouse, or a skirt/dress and tights, boots

Warm weather for work: slacks or a skirt, shirt or blouse, sandals

When I don't feel good or I know I'm going to be lifting/moving a lot of stuff that day, khakis and sneakers.

Cool weather on off-days: jeans and a sweatshirt or sweater, sneakers or Uggs

Warm weather on off-days: shorts or capris and a tank top or T-shirt

I don't shop, if I decide I need something clothing-wise, I text my sister and ask "Where can I get this article of clothing as cheaply as possible?" She is an expert at finding deals.

Or I just go to Target or Kohl's.

2. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Jeans, t-shirt, some sort of fleece.

3. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I prefer solid colored shirts, and subdued. No stripes or whatnot. Lately, the colors, black, grey, "charcoal" and I'm careful about white because it shows it is stained too easily. I try to avoid graphics and logos. This is a new perspective though from the last few years, but it came out of getting away from cotton and wanting to wear "moisture-wicking, dry fit" polyester I wish I'd discovered many years ago. I don't want to stand out, or people looking at me reading what's on my clothes, so I dress in an attempt to blend in, not so much to "fit in." I basically dress casually and for functionality, but not sloppily. I only go to my job, drop into a few stores, and the movies less than ten times a year (in a non-Star Wars year I guess). I have Merrell shoes. I've had a desire to avoid blue jeans in the last year, also because of the material (I'm in an oppressively hot climate), and because they are less functional than pants with zippered pockets on the legs. I also don't like the modern look of jeans with the whiskery fake wrinkles, and I just wanted to change anyway. The pants I have are either Magellan, Columbia, or Dockers. I buy all this from Amazon, and I hate shopping for clothes. I never wear shorts and I avoid fleeces or jackets with hoods. I actually have too many clothes for what little I do.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So, you might not believe a word of this, but I'm actually tired of dressing up for work and honestly tired of wearing suits. It's gotten old. :p

Now for me, dressing casually is dressing up. I still like casual jackets with lapels and buttoned shirts, but if I don't have to wear a full suit and tie I'm thrilled.

Still like cravats tho.

mavjade likes this.
  5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I want this. I’ve spent the last few years in black t-shirts and cargo pants of varying drab colours. It honestly feel it will complete me as a person. I haven’t spent dick on myself in forever.
    [​IMG]
    I also want some boots. Thursday Boot Co, Chicago. Style: Captain. Colour: Natural (like me).
    [​IMG]

Rylo Ken, 3sm1r and Pensivia like this.
  6. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    That shirt's a beautiful color @Darth Punk Nice boots too. I vote that you buy them!

For work, my dream style would be to wear a blazer and turtleneck with dark-wash jeans and boots every single day, only varying the colors of the blazers and sweaters...something like this, but with jeans (stereotypical professorial tweed and elbow patches optional, though I actually do really love that kind of blazer)

[​IMG]

However, I live in Florida. So that remains a dream.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    Runjedirun, Sarge, Rylo Ken and 2 others like this.
  7. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I love stylish sunglasses.
    I care relatively little about any other kind of clothes, but sunglasses are such a beautiful object.

Pensivia likes this.
  8. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    I'm in dire need of good sunglasses. I'm continually losing or breaking a perpetual string of cheap ones.

3sm1r likes this.
  9. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    ^ I understand but I don't approve. Better to get expensive ones and be careful not to damage or lose them, so that you buy them once and they last for many years.

Pensivia likes this.
  10. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I asked my mum if she had any reading specs the other week, and she went into a drawer that probably hasn’t been opened since the 80’s.

Alas, no reading specs, but I did come away with these badboys. Gold Ray Ban Outdoorsman’s. Now I can’t wait for next Summer - which I think falls on a Wednesday next year.
    [​IMG]

11. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    ^ beautiful. And the lenses appear to still be in good conditions, for what I can tell.

12. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    They’re still mint condition. Everyone has a pair of Aviators, but I’ve never seen anyone with a pair of these on before. I feel like a prison officer in Cool Hand Luke when I wear them. I even love the Camel coloured case they come in.

Sarge, 3sm1r and Pensivia like this.
  13. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    My style is work from home dad. Jeans and t-shirt, with hoodie. The basics. Worn everyday. I love sneakers and a good wool coat though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Darth Punk likes this.
  14. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Strong crep game, bro

15. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    It really comes together when you’re holding a screaming toddler

Runjedirun, Sarge, Pensivia and 2 others like this.
  16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Hobosexual

harpua likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I work from home, but I still dress like I'm going to work. A nice button down shirt or polo shirt, nice jeans, nice socks, etc. Switching to casual wear after work is pretty satisfying.

Sarge and Pensivia like this.
  18. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

19. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    I just realized...isn't this a major violation of your Italian-ness?:p

Sarge, gezvader28 and 3sm1r like this.
  20. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    ^ Yes, it is, but I'm also (and foremost) a nerd, and in my case this second archetype wins over the first one.

Sarge and Pensivia like this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The majority of time my standard wardrobe consists of jumpers (US hoodies) and shorts (generally black or camo) with Vans.

My step up from this is pants with a collection of Dickies button up work shirts.

And then I have 2 black suits with red accessories from Men's Wearhouse because, if I was going to wear strangling, ahole clothes I needed the shoppe to guarantee that I will like they way I look.

Runjedirun and Darth Punk like this.
  22. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    So, Blink 182 by day, Kraftwerk by night?

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It is quite obvious I was immersed in the straight edge hardcore scene and then never rearranged my wardrobe.

24. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I recently received new sunglasses, they’re necessary almost all year in TX. I discovered this company several years ago and they’re my go to because their styles are fun and the quality is amazing.

[​IMG]

This is my first pair that I had then done as reading glasses. I don’t need prescription eye wear, but I do need help reading.

They arrived with my second pair of this one:
    [​IMG]

They had a sale and these are my favorite reading glasses. Now I keep a pair in the car because I’m always leaving home with them.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    Juliet316 and Darth Punk like this.
  25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Same.