main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, when can we meet again?

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Well, we now have one official meeting under our belt. Anyone up for gathering number two?

I was thinking some time early February. Suggestions?

2. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Sure, I'd be up for meeting again. I'm sure I can call up Mortwindu, and Darthdion to join in the fun. Do have a perefrence of where you would like to meet? Barnes & Noble again, or something more adventure packed? Still kind of chilly out from day to day, so outside activities seem like a moot subject for now.

Doesn't gathering at someones house to watch a movie count for an official meeting?

3. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm sure that would count, as long as we have our minimum of people.

I'm up for anything, although I think I'd prefer something that we can actually do as opposed to just meeting again.

4. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, sorry I missed the first meeting, but I didn't know about it! :p I'd be up to do something when you all decide when the next meeting is.

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey all! :)

Just FYI: Any gathering/event that you have me post on the FanForce website and that is attended by at least three people counts toward your official meeting total.

Once y'all have set up your next meeting, send me the details via PM and I'll make sure that it gets posted on the FanForce website.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know. :)

6. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Alright guys, seeing as how we finally have some action on our borads, let's set a date. I'm thinking it would be appropriate for us to meet sometime before the MegaCon so we could perhaps recognize each other if we were to go. The only problem with this is I will be out of town this weekend, so it would probably have to be sometime during the week if I was going to go. Any suggestions?

If that doesn't work out, how's the second weekend in March?

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Second weekend of March I'm booked, but anytime during the week is fine, after 2pm. What about next Thursday, March 6th?

8. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Thursdays are great for me provided it is after 2.

What if we said March 6th at 3pm?

That'd be cool with me.

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Sounds good. I get out of class at 2pm, so now we just need to get some other people TO READ THE BOARD and we'd be set. Do we want to set a place yet? I was thinking either Barnes and Noble or Books-a-Million. Or if it looks like all ERAU people we could even do it on campus.

10. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    We had it at Barnes and Noble last time and while it was a great spot for our first meeting, I think it was the general consensus that we wanted to actually do something or go somewhere for the next one. Even if it was just watching movies at someone's house or something.

11. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I volunteer my place, my husband would be glad to show off his sound system. Plus we have the trilogy on DVD. :)
    Normally we grill out on Saturday nights and have some friends over for gaming, and we can gladly turn than into movie night.
    I live real close to campus for you Riddle students.
  12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    So far my Saturdays are booked until, well, I haven't looked that far ahead yet :p

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Also, if anyone needs to reach me for a more immediate response you can catch me on AIM as Grand Admiral Q :)

14. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    You have the trilogy on dvd? How did you work that? Is it a good version? Was it crazy expensive?

Sorry for the interrogation, I just got really excited to hear that there are trilogy dvds out there.

That would be great if we could do it at your place! Thanks! Did you want it on a Saturday, then?

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Jack has the trilogy on DVD. If I recall he got it at MEGACON last year for somewhere around $100 and the quality is great.

16. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    We ordered it from some internet place in Singapore for like $35.00US. We got the special edition, kind've wish we got the original. The picture is OK, I think it was taken from a laserdisc. The sound is excellent!
  17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Very cool. I should be getting home around 1800 Sat. night, so after that shouldn't be a problem if you all wanted to get together :)

18. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Hmmm...

Well I'm out of town this Saturday and next Saturday is MegaCon. How's that following Saturday look?

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    The Saturday after MEGACON is the 8th, so I will be launching and I think you said you'd be out of town. I am free that Sunday and every day during Spring Break.

20. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Are we still going to meet before MegaCon and get to know faces? So far it seems like everyone is from Riddle, so how does Next Thursday at 1500 on the Flight Deck sound for just an informal get-together for a few minutes, then after MegaCon we can all crash Karma's place and break in her husband's sound system Jedi style :D *evil-grin*

Jayna, what are you doing for Spring Break?

21. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Oh duh- sorry. Everything's moving oh so fast!!!

I'm heading up north to go snowboarding with some friends for spring break. Should be fun. It sounds like they're getting plenty of snow.

Next Thursday sounds very good to me. Let's make it official. Flight deck. 3pm. I'll be there.

Well, I'm signing off for the weekend. I'm going to bed and I'm off to Boca Raton right after classes tomorrow. Talk to you guys later!

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Oh no! We've been cut down by a third!!! hehe, you seem to do a lot of traveling. Have fun :)

23. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Since everyone's a little busy in the coming few weekends, maybe we should look a bit further into the future for a meeting.

I am attending a dinner at Planet Hollywood (Peter Mayhew and David Prowse are the guests of honor) after MegaCon on the 1st, but am free on the weekends after that. How about the weekend of the 15th or 22?

Jayna, did you mean Thursday the 27th?
    Karma-

24. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm good for the 15th, but the 22nd I am going a Girl Scout Workshop with SWE and ERFSEDS. I'm assuming (uh oh) that Jayna meant the 27th.

25. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm so fried right now I don't think I have any idea what I'm talking about. I'll get back to you with a real post that makes sense after this crazy trip is over. See you guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.