main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So. When's it gonna happen?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Shadowen, Nov 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    When are the Star Wars: The Complete And Faithful Recreation games coming out?

I'm betting you all know what I'm talking about. I'm betting a couple of you more industrious and coding-inclined have even contemplated making your own version.

When is LucasArts going to find some way to merge the engines for X-Wing Alliance, Jedi Outcast, and the Phantom Menace game, to create a first/third person shooter-space sim-adventure game that properly mimics the movies?

Or will they not, reasoning that we know what's going to happen, where everything is, and what to do in each case, which is just going to take all the fun out of it?

I personally want to duel someone who looks like Darth Vader and fights like Darth Vader.

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    It's a big ask. I guess Galaxies is the second step. JK / XWA etc being the first.

...and I think there's many more steps before this is a reality.

3. GreatAroo

GreatAroo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    The problem with recreating the movies is that theres alot of Plot and dialogue where you'll be watching cutscenese more than playing the game. There's not that much to do to fill a whole game up.

I think Jedi Outcast really caught the feel of the movies well, with the big drops to nothingness in practically every structure and the muttering Stormtroopers and all. I'm hoping Star Wars Galaxies is going to be my ultimate movie feel. With the SPace Expansion, it could really hit the mark.

4. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    Instead of doing it during the movies, I think It would be better to do it during the NJO.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> When is LucasArts going to find some way to merge the engines for X-Wing Alliance, Jedi Outcast, and the Phantom Menace game<<

TPM game? God no!

BUt it seems SW Galaxies will be pretty close in overall feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.