main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN So when's the next meeting?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by IrishThunder, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Man! This is gonna be so gooooooood! Great friends, good food, cold bee- uh...I mean, cold drinks, and a mediocre movie to slaughter. To quote those old Lowenbraugh (sp?) commercials..."It don't get any better than this".

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Ahhhh....I heard the "B" word.......

3. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    we talking saturday june 28th....well looks like i'm gonna miss another meeting. I have to work 2pm-11pm. have fun guys.

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK- so here's the skinny....

The meeting starts at 7 pm this Saturday, the movie will start around 8:30, or whenever the sun goes down.

We have the usual fare nearby in Millington, but the only delivery available comes in the form of pizza or Chinese food. (We can do both! We have the technology!) If you don't want either of those, there's always Back Yard Burger, McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy's, El Toro Taco, Sonic, KFC, and Perkins not too far away, but you'll have to drive for it. (I'm leaning towards Chinese food, myself.)

Traci and I will supply the canned softdrinks, plates, and cutlery, but we ask that you bring your own munchies such as chips, etc.

Don't forget your lawnchair, as well as your mosquito spray. We love you all dearly and would hate to see you get West Nile Virus. If you do, by the way, we can accept no responsibility. :p We will have citronella candles and torches going again to hopefully repel the varmints.

We will post a sign stating that ONLY INVITED GUESTS ARE ALLOWED. We'd like to avoid any stray youngins with WalMart sacks at all costs this time. Despite the sign, please don't hesitate to bring a friend or possible convert if you wish. We will be inviting our immediate neighbors (like they'll show up.)

BYOB, BABY!! Once again, "Drive-In" night will be BYOB. Please note that inebriated guests will have their keys confiscated and thrown into my neighbor's above-ground pool. (I have three to choose from now, but most likely you'd find your drunken butt trying to dodge the large, smelly dogpiles in my next-door neighbor's backyard before taking a dip in her pool. Remember, the Golden Retrievers can be fierce, but it's the rats you got to watch out for!) Also, those who are unable to drive will have to sleep on our couch, our floor, in our backyard, or wherever else we can put you.
    (And you get to buy me breakfast the next morning.....and I'll want the 18-egg omelette, because I know just how your hung-over butt will respond to the fragrant smell of scrambled eggs! ;) )

So, there it is! See y'all Saturday!

5. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    It's all good, baby. Can't wait to see ya'll there. Sherri, Reed, and I are bringing sleeping bags, just in case. Not that little Reed will have need for one, but hate for the little feller to sleep in the floor without something. Since I'm working til 6, it will be at least 7:30 or so when we get there. Hopefully, we won't miss out on any real meeting stuff.
    By the way, SMT's 1 year anniversary is coming up September 8th. So maybe that big shindig can start being discussed Saturday night.

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Steve: OK...that's too amazingly freaky....

I was just thinking that very same idea this afternoon on the way home while trying to call Chris about this weekend's meeting. We should have a big something with fireworks, firearms, chitlins', barbecue, and women in halter tops. You know...something classy!

Or we could just do something casual.

7. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    Whoa...

My brother (to me, the ultimate Star Wars fan) had a wierd obsession with chitlin's. Just now, strange memories flashed through my mind...like that particularly embarassing incident at Sonic... *shudder*

Anyway, I'll see if I can bring some crunchy Cheetos! Cheetos goooood...

-Grace*

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Supposed to rain and Tstorm all day Sat. [face_shocked]

Drive in part may be out...

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    The Weather Channel and AWS both say it's going to be sunny and warm. If not, I'm going to live in their little realm of denial for the moment, and remain hopeful.

You haven't been listening to Dave Brown again, have you Rhonda? :p

10. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Nope, this was actual on the weather channel. Said rain today, sunny tomorrow, and raining Sat. [face_shocked]

11. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    The Weather channel website which is www.weather.com

Sat
    Jun 28 Sunny 85°/62° Precip. 10 %

12. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    Okay, forget cheetos, I've got something MUCH better. Homemade fudge! Hope no one is allergic. And before you ask, NO, it's not poisoned. :p

-Grace*

13. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    HIYA!!!!

HAVEN'T POSTED RECENTLY OVER.

SORRY. um... oh yeah. OVER.

BRINGING HOPEFUL CONVERT OVER.

BRINGING OBI_J OVER.

WILL TRY TO BRING SNACKS OVER.

LOVE YOU ALL OVER.

Well, not really.

See you in 4 hours.

Joy*

14. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Thank you ever so much, for giving me a new name guys...from now on I guess I'll be called
    "Obi Wan-Ton" instead of "Obi J" *Grumble* yo yo, my dawgs, the food was da bomb...yo Tim, yo yo...yo screen was all crooked and s*&^*% but you a'ight. I ain't eva hollad so hard in my whole 22 years a livn...*Happy birthday homey....happy birthday homey..* (BANG BANG) man Sal, yo websight was illin!!!! and tim...yo comp is wack!

I hollar!

May the fizorce be wit my peeps.... Courscant west side!!!!

15. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    I hope everyone made it home OK! And as we can see Obi Wan-Ton made it home with his ebonics dictionary in one piece so holla if you hear me! (which means post and let us know you made it home safely folks!)

16. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    We made it home about 2am. We had a great time and enjoyed everyone's company. Thanks to Tim & Traci for once again hosting a fantastic party/meeting. Hope your day wasn't too long, Traci.

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I can happily report that Traci got a 5 am phone call from work, and didn't have to go in today. We slept until nearly 2 pm.

Glad to hear that everyone got home OK. We were prepared for anyone who wanted or needed to crash here. Next time, I'll try to have things ready much earlier, so we don't start late. (As usual, I spent more time than intended building the screen.)

Rhonda: Your digital projector ROCKS! I can't believe how great the quality was last night. I don't want to give it back!
    After going through the manual this afternoon, all I can say is this: I need to build a bigger screen! I may have to up it to at least 30 feet wide (10 feet wider than it is now. I'm starting to sound like Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor from Home Improvement, aren't I? We also need to check the bulb usage. Supposedly, the bulb will last 2000 hours. We'll have to have a fundraiser to get you a new bulb when the time comes.)

Let's start planning the next one, Y'all! We still haven't seen TESB together, nor have we watched AOTC, or ANH on the big ol' screen.

18. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    ok, so when's July's meeting. I swear on Anakin's right hand that I won't miss this one.

19. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    Hey everyone I just updated our web site so go and check out the 4th of July banner and the photos from this past meeting. (I will get the other photos from the past meeting up after this holiday!)

20. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Sal, great job on the banner!

Happy 4th to everyone- even Obi-Won-Ton!

Type at ya later,

Lin

21. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Yeah, what he said!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.