main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, where are you from?

Discussion in 'Archive: Seacoast, NH' started by Happy Ninja, Nov 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Okay, I'm not from New Hampshire. Heck, I'm not even from America, but I love New Hampshire a lot, and I have spent a lot of time there. I'm very fascinated by your state. It is very beautiful this time of year.

I was a student at Keene State College.

So, where are you from?

2. Lyta_Skywalker

Lyta_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    I am originally from Texas, born and raised there. Moved to Connecticut with my second husband who was in the Navy in '91. Moved to Virginia in '95, lived there until Nov. '97 when we moved to New Hampshire, were we finally split last year, and I met my current husband and we currently live in Exeter.

3. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Born & raised in Manchester NH...alot of my friends have moved on to bigger cities, but look at where I am...an hour from the Atlantic, an hour from Boston, 4 perfect seasons, beautiful lakes and mountains, clean air, etc. I'm cool right where I am...

4. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I was born in Massachusetts, and lived in Mansfield (south of Foxboro) for about 10 years before moving to New Hampshire. I now live in Bristol, a small town in the Lakes Region, and home to Newfound Lake, one of the cleanest lakes in North America. :D

5. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Born in West Virginia, lived in New York and then the Boston area for a little while. Moved to Rochester in 1986 and have lived here for sixteen years. Right now I'm attending UNH. Thrill a minute there, especially on holidays... :p

6. Kriana

Kriana Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2002
    I'm from Goffstown. I've always lived in Goffstown... I hope I don't die in Goffstown..... *remembers quote from ROTJ*

Han: My eyes are getting better, instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur
    Luke: There's nothing to see, I used to live here you know.
    Han: You're gonna die here you know. Convenient.

*shivers*

7. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    I was born in Libertyville, IL and raised in Grayslake, IL - about 42 miles north of Chicago and 45 miles south of Milwaukee; then moving to Central Illinois, I lived in Champaign-Urbana, IL while I went to the University of IL and was stationed at Chanute Air Force Base: I was transferred to Luke Air Force Base in Glendale, AZ in 1986 where I flew the F-16 and trained F-16 pilots and I lived in Phoenix until 2002 - with a brief respite of living in the Middle East while fighting in Desert Storm - at which time I moved up here to New Hampshire and married my wife after receiving an Honorable Medical Discharge from the Air Force 31 Oct. 2001 because of repeated injuries and surgeries to my left shoulder.

8. SkiJedi

SkiJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 1999
    Hey What's up!!!!!!!!!!!

NH finally in the House!

From Derry & Waterville Valley (Hence my name - SkiJedi)

I've gotta get up to Cantina one of these days to check it out since it's just up the road.

9. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Work in Portsmouth, live about 40 minutes north of there...

Glad to finally see a FF NH!

Vertical

10. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Welcome to both SkiJedi and Vertical - It is good to see some more Granite Staters and we would appriciate your impute as to where and when we should have our first meet, etc. BTW, after spending 15.5 years in the god forsaken desert of the Southwest US (Arizona and the Sonoran Desert) I am just loving this rain :D :)

Cross into the Blue[/color]

11. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    I live in Bosacawen, north of Concord, and work in Meredith...

12. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I wish this group had formed while I lived back home! I am such a huge Star Wars fan. I lived in Penacook, NC (just north of Concord) for 8 years, and went to MVHS. I also lived in Concord and Bow when I was little.

I just moved down to Raleigh, NC for college and joined the fanforce as it was forming down here. I go home regularly so maybe I can drop by a meeting sometime! :D I'm glad to see NH getting a group together!

(HappyNinja I have a couple friends going to Keene State right now, beautiful area up there)

13. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Born in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada and raised and lived in New Brunswick until I moved to NH in August to marry my current wife. :)

14. TheRealLukeSkywalker

TheRealLukeSkywalker Jedi Master

Jul 28, 2003
    I am new to the board but have been on this site for the last 2 or so years. It's good to see I am not alone.Any way I am from Concord most of my life. Lived in Boulder, CO for 1/2 a year and now in Dover. I don't really like the Hoth-like winters but it's do-able. So I say howdy to all!

15. Lyta_Skywalker

Lyta_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    [color=4682b4]Welcome to the Group, we are always glad of new members. You will have to forgive us for the moment as we have been slow over the last few weeks. I am glad to see you found your way to us, and hope to see you at the next meeting, which I am working on setting up now.

Glad to have you,
    Jaded[/color]

16. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    uhm my mom lived in dover for a few years, does that count?

i love new hampshire too, i want to start getting back up there as much as i used to. i love it particularly in the fall ... with all the "foilage" :p

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    i don't live in NH, but i do go there to do most of my shopping.

18. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    Idarii and Jedi_Outcast - Of course both of those things count :D

Wedge

19. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    "i don't live in NH, but i do go there to do most of my shopping."

Isn't it supposed to be a common thing where people from Mass, and upstate NY go to places like Nashua to go shopping because of the tax-free status, or something?

(Oh, and Hi to everyone in NH - It's been a while since I posted in here!) :)

20. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

May 22, 2002
    Yep - There is a mall in Nashua right on the state line with Mass and if I remember correctly the entire mall is in NH but part of the southern parking lot is in MA. :D

We also do not have a state income tax.

Wedge :>o<:
    Cross into the Blue and AIM HIGH
    There are only two kinds of starfighters - X-Wings and Targets

21. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    I was born in Dorset England. Then I moved up to Portsmouth in the "original" Hampshire a few years ago. Now I live in Exeter in Devon, England.

22. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    "Yep - There is a mall in Nashua right on the state line with Mass and if I remember correctly the entire mall is in NH but part of the southern parking lot is in MA."

I've been to that mall, and if memory serves, there is a Best Buy outlet right near it, where I bought my copy of Boogie Nights, and Terminator II: Judgment Day on DVD.

And, Zethlin, I live in West Bromwich! I love Exeter, so pretty. One of my favourite cities in England.

23. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    It's gone down hill, unfortunately. I've got good views of the Moors from where I live, but I really want to go elswhere, because I can't keep a motorcycle where I'm now living (nowhere to put it). :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.