so where is all the fanfilm makers out there from

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DarthKyp99, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. tumblemoster Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey! I'm in Eagan!!

-tm
  2. Ryusui Jedi Knight

star 1
    What the hey, I'm new here...
    Trust me guys...all of you who thought you were in the middle of nowhere...
    Try Hawaii. No way to get from state to state save for highly, outrageously priced (and now completely inconnvinient) air travel. No resources. And though we're considered a state of the US, it's almost as if everything regarding the US is alien to us. Not to mention that prices for everything (shipping, travel, milk - milk for Force's sake!) is usually around double of what you people pay.
    Oh well... ::gets off his soapbox::
    Yeah, Hawaii. Pity me. :p

[edit]
    By the way, in regards to this:
    "Tokugawa, Nick Long,
    Some people don't live on these forums. The last time I saw this topic was months ago."

"hmmm, lemme see, what was THIS thread
    (dated 4th Dec)
    and THIS thread, also dated 4th Dec."

It seems to me that what he was refering to was the amount of times someone like me (who would only visit here once in a while as opposed to everyday) might catch a glimpse of this type of topic, not the actual amount of times this type topic is posted - if that makes sense to anyone.
  3. tumblemoster Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you kitesurf? I've got a Cabrina board and a ram air Mosquito kite and have been trying to learn for two years. The winds is horrible here though, so its been pretty hard. I've been wanting to head out to Hawaii just for some steady wind!

-tm
  4. Ryusui Jedi Knight

star 1
    I myself am not involved with any type of beach activities. ::shrug:: Just don't really much like the beach.
  5. MrsStrahd Jedi Knight

star 1
    Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA.
  6. Darth_Bone Jedi Master

star 4
  7. poorturtle Jedi Knight

star 2
    ryusi,

yes i pity you. i have to travel out to those god awful islands once a year (send in the clowns) for the north shore photo extravaganza...

hah hah, i wish i could afford to live there year 'round. i'd scold you for complaining about it, but i live in southern california, and i'm sure plenty of people would like to live here instead of minnesota, or nova scotia, or wherever they're from.

and tumblemonster > do you mean windsurfing or kite surfing? i don't do either, but just helped a friend out with a kite surfing video. i cleaned up his editing, made the box cover, and did all the graphics. it's off to the distributer next week, so you should see it in stores in about a month or so. oh yeah, and it's got dan moore and all his hawaii friends in it.

what does that have to do with fanfilm making? on the surface nothing... but it does explain why i'm extremely late with the EJJ trailer, which should be out in 3 weeks i hope.

and for the rolecall:

Los Angeles, California.

poorturtle.
  8. Fixer808 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Vancouver, Canada. Woo!

9. MOEndor Jedi Padawan

Bonners Ferry, northern Idaho...
  10. Dack_Colton Jedi Knight

Director from Nottingham, cast and crew from all over, nearly ready to start filming in Leicester.

Is this when the fun really begins?

(would start filming earlier but cannot believe how full peoples diaries are!)

(and all the above is in the UK!)
  11. mpfjr Jedi Knight

star 2
    Inland Empire(Southern California)
    Corona to be exact.

Summer is here! Finally.
  12. andalite Jedi Knight

star 2
    Cupertino California(South San Francisco Bay)
  13. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    TLilly- Hey, me and all of the people of PLP, makers of the mighty Jedi Academy are also in Florida, about an hour or two from Tampa! Cool stuff.

Ryusui- Hey, that might suck to be stuck in the middle of nowhere, but I mean GOD...think about all the places and locations for filming! Unless that place is totally taken over by tourists, then you have some really nice filming opportunities!

Poorturtle- I scold you for scolding him. You don't know what it's like living there year round. Hawaii and Florida (along with occasional Cali) are the "vacation states" and although they might seem nice on a visit, they very rarely are nice to live in. How would you like 90 degree weather EVERY FRIGGIN DAY OF THE YEAR with some temporary exceptions near winter? And beaches are cool, but you just get..SICK OF THEM. They just get a littlew boring around here. Lotta people might think "oo, beaches" and love them to death when they visit Florida, but a few Floridians are sick of it (me). Just like you say "I hate snow" and I would looove to mess with some snow...I never even got to see it!

Okay, now that I'm on a roll about how I'm tired of Florida, (although it does give good filming opportunities [sweltering hot ones]) tourists are another seriously thing I despise about this place. They stare at you and take pictures of themselves and throw em in scrapbooks theyll never look at again (same way I feel about something else, but I'm already WAYYYYY off on a tangent). Ok, I would keep going but this isn't the place :).

~Neszis~

14. GrEvEs Jedi Knight

star 2
    citizen_austin and sqrl lets get together and make a movie :p i live in southern NJ about 20 minutes from philly.
  15. Ryusui Jedi Knight

star 1
    You have a slight point, Neszis. To an extent, there are some good filming locations. If I search hard enough, I may be able to find a desert-like Tatooine area, a forest reminiscent of Endor, unique plains areas...yeah, if I try, I can come up with some nice settings.
    Unfortunately, the actual mechanics behind it are a little more tough. Some, like you say, have a constant flow of tourists. But I have found that, given an interesting enough project, and the right type ogf people, usually their courteous enough to try and move around or away from us. Some like to watch and others have even wanted pictures! (Take pictures with the Ninja!)
    My biggest lack of resources comes from people out here who are interested enough in Star Wars to do a fan film. :( I gotta move up to the 'land.
  16. Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master

star 4
    I've got you all beat! Drumroll..... Alabama! {Insert Redneck Joke Here} :D
  17. Ryusui Jedi Knight

star 1
    EVERYBODY!

If it hadn't been for cotton-eye joe
    I'd been married long time ago
    Where did you come from. Where did you go?
    Where did you come from cotton-eye joe?

:D
  18. JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Master

star 4
    Toulouse, France until August 11th, when I'll be moving (back) to Montreal, Quebec... :)
  19. killno Jedi Padawan

I'm from Norway. If thats not in the middle of nowhere, then nothing is.

Any1 else from Norway?
  20. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
  21. Lord_Rive TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 4
    I'm going to Montreal next month! :)
  22. mpfjr Jedi Knight

star 2
    "If it hadn't been for cotton-eye joe
    I'd been married long time ago
    Where did you come from. Where did you go?
    Where did you come from cotton-eye joe? "

I used to have a .mod/.xm/.s3m (one of those) of a mix of the cotten-ey joe song. it was awesome. I miss those days. :(
  23. poorturtle Jedi Knight

star 2
    neszis...

you're right. i don't know what it's like to live there every day. although i'm usually there for 1-2 months a year, and the longest i've stayed is 4.

but you're also wrong. i'd love 90 degree water every day; it sounds like heaven. to contrast you're point - try putting on a wetsuit every morning (los angeles, contrary to belief has cold water for all but about 3 weeks a year).

and the surf there is amazing. the only thing i really got sick of was the crowds. oh and my haole friend who walks around with a bag of poi all day. that's kind of gross.

ryusui - this year i think i'll only be around for 3 or 4 weeks, but if i can stay for longer, i'd love to work on a fanfilm out there.
  24. Ryusui Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey that'd be cool! I have a few other people who MIGHT be interested. My cousin for one, my girlfriend, and also, a few aquaintences of mine - friends of my cousin's.
    Anyway, when do you plan on coming out to my neck of the tropical rain forest? Are your little treks yearly? If so, maybe we can work on something every now and then for one time when you're out here for a good long time! :D
  25. Tathlyn_Vrinn Jedi Knight

I live in Vallejo,CA, the city where everyone LEAVES the city to go out and do something!
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.