main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So where's Shaak Ti's canonical death at now???

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Apr 29, 2014.

?

?

1. Mortally wounded by Starkiller and jumped into the super sarlacc on Felucia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Stabbed in the back by Vader in the temple during Order 66

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. Stabbed in the back on the Invisible Hand by Gen. Greivous

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. don't even ask, I give up (aka "I think we don't know")

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I don't even know where we're left at as regards this issue, after the Disneycaust.

What's the "Real" Shaak Ti death?

Here's the Starkiller kill. Prior to last Friday this was the most recent one and GL had declared it the true one, retconning the earlier deleted scenes. Hmmmm.... that video is nice and HD but doesn't show the final plummet into the belly of the beast, or her explosion in blue light like Palpatine. This one does but the quality is low.

Here's the RoTS deleted scene where Grievous does it. This was regarded as the canon death until TFU came out IIRC.

And there was also a video showing Vader coming up behind her in the temple while she meditated, and shanking her from behind. Regrettably it no longer seems to be available on YT, or at least I can't find it.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    There isn't one. Just like everything else.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Shaak Ti is my favorite prequel era EU jedi. With that in mind, I just don't care about her canonical fate any more, and I'm pretty sure we don't know.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Actually:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shaak_Ti

Shaak Ti had two different death scenes at various stages of Revenge of the Sith's development, but they were both deleted and confirmed by Star Wars Insider 87 that neither scene was canonical, and that she was still alive at the end of Revenge of the Sith as Shaak Ti is later seen alive in hologram form during a Jedi Council meeting.

purplerain likes this.
  5. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    At this point, the only canonical death for Shaak Ti is the one in Yoda's vision from "Voices" where she's run through the back by a blue lightsaber blade. However, while certain elements of his vision at the cave were fulfilled in a fairly literal manner (the confrontation between the Jedi Council and Darth Sidious, for example, though Sidious' face remains obscured in the vision), others were more figurative (such as the legion of Jedi charging at the cloned armies of the Republic). The sequence of events suggests that she was most likely killed by Darth Vader before the duel at Mustafar, but as Yoda is wont to say, "Always in motion is the future."

Personally, I hope she and Ahsoka make their way to a peaceful Togruta spiritual colony and live happily ever after, but such is the stuff of dreams and fan fiction, not likely to be fulfilled.

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    ROTS by Anakin imo.

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Jedi Princess I strongly disagree that Yoda's vision shows the canon fate of Shaak Ti. It's just a vision, we don't see the event actually happen.

8. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    I should have said it's the closest thing we have. You're right, and like I said, there are other parts of it that don't literally come to pass. We don't know one way or the other if that one did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  9. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    We know Starkiller is out so I say death via Anakin is most likely.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    DING DING DING! We have a winner! Though LI was on the right track. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.