main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So which Jedi Survived order66?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DARTHKANISS, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    I remember Obi wan Telling Yoda in the temple that they re-calibrated the signal so the surviving Jedi across the galaxy may stay away from the temple. I Just want to know who you guys recon may have survived? I get the feeling Yoda sences that there are survivors.

I heard nothing about Bariss throught the whole movie and she wasnt with Luminara on Kashyyk maybe she survived....

any thoughts?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Darth_Revan___

Darth_Revan___ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    good question, if the tv series is about a rouge jedi then at least on more

3. poodookoo

poodookoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, I had a look on the Dark Horse comics site yesterday, and Republic #78 has the following description:

"In the aftermath of the events in Episode III, Jedi on opposite ends of the galaxy try to come to terms with how their world has changed. On the run, with enemies on every side, it seems that their only hope may be to locate others of their kind and band together for mutual survival.

But what may seem like wisdom could lead to unsuspected consequences, and the path to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant leads only to danger!

Republic embarks on the first step into the "dark times" after Revenge of the Sith!"

I, for one, cannot wait for this!

4. Darth-Bradius

Darth-Bradius Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2004
    Bariss was killed off yesterday in the reversal of fortune web-strip on the OS, i think anyway

5. DARTHKANISS

Sep 8, 2004
    SO the dark times and the Hunt for the survivors begins hey.

I honestly cant thing of any Jedi that might have survived all the ones I know are dead.

6. Marfus

Marfus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2004
    I'm sure some did survive, but that wouldn't have really fit into ROTS. The film had to make it clear that all Jedi, aside from Obi-Wan and Yoda, are killed in the purge, thus making Luke the "Last of the Jedi" in ROTJ.
    I don't care what EU says. This story is GL's.

All EU Jedi WILL die in the upcoming comic books and TV series.

Maybe they cut out Luminara, Bultar and Shaak Ti's death scenes for a reason?

7. Darth_Revan___

Darth_Revan___ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    quentin_Vos he didn't die

8. Darth-Bradius

Darth-Bradius Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2004
    in the graphic novel i think you see vos get killed by his clones

i think you will see the remaining jedi get kille doff in eu in the run up to eps 4

9. sithjoe

sithjoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2002
    Yeah, I think that the remaining Jedi come EP4 will just be OB's and Yoda. Luke and Leia are just some of the many "force sensitive but not a jedi yet" peeps still about.

The way I'm reading things, the TV spin-off will mirror the same general concept that the Highlander TV series achieved, ie - In the movie, "there can be only one", Conor McLoud wins "the prize" and therefore was the "only one". Tatty sequel, H2, aside, the TV series then went down the direction of his cousin, who's also an immortal, slaying bad guy immortals every week, until again, yep, "there can be only one". Then we had H3 and H4. Not as bad as H2, but still took away from the original, IMHO. Also, although I liked the TV series, it took all continuity away from the movies, for me.

I say this, because the "Jedi purge" FROM A MOVIE ONLY STAND-POINT, (cue everyone pointing at their screens in their best Alec Guinness "from a certain point of view" accent)suggests that Yoda and Obi-wan escape, and were the only ones. Why? No other Jedi does what OBI-Wan does, ie - checks his Jedi voice mail for the homing beacon code, and apart from Yoda, and Obi, NO other Jedi gets in touch, No other Jedi helps them storm the temple, NO other Jedi is on hand to help take down the Sith. Yoda certainly doesn't mention anything to Obi-Wan through Qui Gon, through the force etc.

I'm kinda hopin' that the TV series will more document what happens between the different worlds during Order 66, the aftermath, and then leading up to events, BEFORE Obi Wan and Yoda go to the temple. At least this way, the TV series could end with "Insert New Jedi Hero Name" having thrashed a stack of Clones during his TV adventures, only to get a Plo Koon style end, on his way to assist Yoda and OBi.

So in answer to the question, only Obi Wan and Yoda!

10. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Well to maybe add on palpie said in his empire speech hat they would hunt down the remaining jedi? I'm thinking like 5 left.

11. PhoenixFirewall

PhoenixFirewall Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2004
    Obviously Obi-Wan and Yoda. I'm fairly sure that other survived into the years beyond RotS. However, I would think that Order 66 is a standing order, and that the hunt for the Jedi coninues throughout the 19 years before ANH. I doubt that EVERY Jedi was killed, simply because the jedi were spread far and wide and the Clone Army was (for the most part) under command of the Jedi Generals. Im sure there were some Jedi that were not in the fight. But by ANH they were probably all dead save Obi-Wan and Yoda.

12. electrobc1

electrobc1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 15, 2003
    I think there are a number of jedi still alive at the end of ROTS, but certainly by ANH the non-movie jedi are gone. We can be sure they're all gone by ROTJ, when Yoda tells Luke he's the last one.

The beacon sequence in ROTS looks like a setup to allow a couple jedi characters in the TV show.

13. poodookoo

poodookoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    "The beacon sequence in ROTS looks like a setup to allow a couple jedi characters in the TV show."

Exactamundo. Not to mention all the other EU (comics, books, etc.)

14. DARTHKANISS

Sep 8, 2004
    who could be alive though ?

15. DarthGabriel81

DarthGabriel81 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    I'm sure Palpy had Vader hunting down what was left of the order.

16. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    I think the real question is who could survive Sidous pillage of the jedi. It is possiable that they are rouge jedi out there but they are hermits just like Yoda and Obiwan until they addvenutly die off. Sidous wasnt worried though he knew most of the great masters are dead and if there are jedi out there he knew it would a very small number.

17. IH2

IH2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2005
    since there is no accurate number given as to how many Jedi there really are in ROTS, or who they are, we may never know who survived...endless EU and TV show possibilities.

18. Darth-Trepidor

Darth-Trepidor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 10, 2005
    If you'd like, you can assume dozens survived, but, as promised by Emperor Palpatine they will EVENTUALLY be hunted down and defeated by Darth Vader/Clone troopers.

19. Executor-4

Executor-4 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    Bariss Offee is dead! It said so in the Visual Dictionary. She is lost of Felucia with Aayla Secura.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
    He saluted the screen when Sidious proclaimed himself Emperor.
    He cheered when Aayla Secura died, I screamed in joy when Ki di died. I screamed in heaven when Plo Koon died! I love the Sith. Death to the Jedi!

20. Darth-Trepidor

Darth-Trepidor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 10, 2005
    Didn't like the guy that played Ki Adi Mundi, but his death scene was sad! He did well there... my best friend cried, what a wuss!

21. LittleGreenManYoda

May 26, 2005
    I like the Lightside more than the Sith but I do like the Sith I like all the Sith Lords Starting from Marka Ragnos to Darth Vader, But i cant stand Sidous hes a douche bag to me If I was a Jedi Knight I would defintly go agianst the jedi code and kill that S.O.B.

22. Nihilist

Nihilist Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2005
    I know it opens up opportunities for exposition in the EU but I believe the jedi with the exception of yoda and obi of course are dead by the end of ROTS. There's nothing in the movie that leads us to believe otherwise. I don't get into the EU, so I'll stay with the opinion that order 66 took them all out.

Anakin is sent to the temple, before he goes he asks..what about the jedi spread throughout the galaxy, I assume he means the ones on missions, sidious takes care of them with order 66. So that would do it.

23. LittleGreenManYoda

May 26, 2005
    I know it opens up opportunities for exposition in the EU but I believe the jedi with the exception of yoda and obi of course are dead by the end of ROTS. There's nothing in the movie that leads us to believe otherwise. I don't get into the EU, so I'll stay with the opinion that order 66 took them all out.

im defintly not ruleing that out but it is a possiablility that others survived but only my guess less than a half dozen.

24. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    There's nothing in the movie that leads us to believe otherwise.

much as i wish that were true, the homing beacon scene does lead us to believe there are stragglers out there hiding and running for their lives.

i wish that scene had not been put in, and i personaly wish it had been made 100% clear with no shadow of doubt that every last jedi was dead save obi-wan and yoda.

but that is not the case, sadly.

25. LittleGreenManYoda

May 26, 2005
    much as i wish that were true, the homing beacon scene does lead us to believe there are stragglers out there hiding and running for their lives.

Lucas purposly put that in there to get people thinking that there are Jedi survivers out there. And maybe to show that there are. its kinda hard to beilive that Obi-Wan and Yoda are the only ones left out of the entire jedi order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.