main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So which Jedi Survived order66?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DARTHKANISS, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Well, I personally love the signature and I think that it's extremely appropriate.

RevantheJediMaster: Now that you've qualified your statement it makes a lot more sense. GL involvement generally makes it canon because he is the author and provider of all things SW. Anything else, from any other source, is just bunk...if you ask me.

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Thankyou

3. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I agree with both of you, but the official definition of canon doesn't necessarily include GL authorship or massive involvement.

4. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I know it's difficult not to use EU examples here, but please let's not turn this into a canon debate.

5. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I'm almost positive the T.V. Show is not EU.

6. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Canon to me requires first and foremost squaring with the movies. If something out there doesn't square with the information set out in the films then it's bogus. For example, the whole Ki-Adi Mundi not being a Jedi Master while on the council was directly contradicted in RotS by Anakin's statements about it "never happening before in the history of the order." The whole reason we have this little crisis is because someone out there in EU land concocted it, even though GL had massive involvement in the planning and character development.

If something is canon it has to square with the films, IMHO.
    :)

7. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    I know it's difficult not to use EU examples here, but please let's not turn this into a canon debate.

Han to RebelScum77 "Don't get excited!"

Everything is civil in here, we're just having a discussion. It's o.k.

8. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    The T.V. Show is going to be set in between ROTS and ANH starring minor characters and I think it's going to be square with the films. Sorry, RebalScum77 this is my last post concerning Canon.

9. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Yes, but in RS77's defense, things can go from a civil discussion into an all out EU/Canon brawl very quickly.

10. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Perhaps the canon/EU debates in 3NS were heated but we're just having a nice little discussion right here...at least for now.
    :)

You're right, of course F-K, that is the way of things...the way of 3SA.
    :p

Edit: Sorry, it was my comment to yoshifett that took us on this tangent. Let's get her back on track, boys.

11. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Yes, thank you for being civil. I just don't want it to escalate further, as canon debates are wont to do.

And this thread is about discussing Order 66, not what parts of the universe are considered canon, which is what the last several posts have solely been about.

12. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    No doubt forcekeeper, I think RS77 was just jumping the gun a little...maybe the whole "I'm a new mod thing" is kicking in :)

I'm just messing with you RS77 ;)
    I was glad to see that you were made a mod.

But, back on topic, what evidence do we have, beside Sidious' line in ROTS, that any Jedi survive Order 66?

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    There most likely were survivors of Order 66. There were thousands of Jedi spread out throughout the Galaxy surely some must have not been around Clones and maybe a few escaped the Clones. Obi-Wan also changing the Beacon Signal surely must have benefited some and Yoda saying "heard from no one we have," does not mean that no one survived maybe they were pre-occupied or it was two dangerous to contact any Jedi or a comb. of the two.

14. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    But tangents are what make threads interesting and fun as long as they get back on topic. Anyway...it's entirely my fault for complimenting another user on what I felt was an entirely apropos signature line. Moving on...

I don't know if there are any other indications in the strict canon of the films that anyone else survives Order 66 besides Sidious' comment to Vader. If anything, the strong inference that can be drawn is that most, if not all, of the Jedi have been dealt with by the clones. I mean, we see the clones cut down their Jedi commanders on myriad worlds and in several different ways. I think that's a strong effort to show how widespread and effective the betrayal of the Jedi truly was.

By the time of RotJ we know that no other Jedi Knight from the Old Republic is alive other than Yoda. He is the last of the once great order and when he dies the only hope for the Jedi is Luke.

Now, if we were to expand the scope of our inquiry to the EU, which is of dubious authority, then we find several Jedi did in fact survive. I think immediately of Zonder and the young padawans on Felucia in the Evasive Action: Recruitment webstrip that TDH will be drawing relatively soon. They survived. The Last of the Jedi novels also indicate that there is another Jedi that survives...not counting the Jedi Knight: Dark Forces video games, and other blatantly questionable novels.

15. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Obi-Wan's line to Luke in ANH that Vader helped hunt down and destroy the Jedi and I wouldn't consider going to the Jedi Temple hunting down Jedi he knew where they were and there were thousands of more Jedi not in the temple but throughout the Galaxy. To me it also wouldn't make sense for Obi-Wan to lie about that. There were also 19 years after for Vader to hunt down the rest of the T.V. Show.

16. ExecuteOrder6tysix

ExecuteOrder6tysix Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    I believe that the Jedi i know of that survived Order66 (ironically, my username), is Vima-Da-Boda,Yoda,Obi-Wan, and perhaps Bariss?

17. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    "Hunt down", to me, means that Vader actually sought out some of the remaining Jedi that were hiding after surviving Order 66 and killed them. That's how I've always interpreted Obi-Wan's line in ANH. Vader went on a search for the remaining Jedi and killed them. He didn't just kill the ones in the Jedi Temple and called it a day, but he actually went planet to planet, looked for, and killed the remaining Jedi.

18. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I totally agree with you.

19. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    I don't know if there are any other indications in the strict canon of the films that anyone else survives Order 66 besides Sidious' comment to Vader. If anything, the strong inference that can be drawn is that most, if not all, of the Jedi have been dealt with by the clones. I mean, we see the clones cut down their Jedi commanders on myriad worlds and in several different ways. I think that's a strong effort to show how widespread and effective the betrayal of the Jedi truly was.

=D=
    That was the impression I got from that montage as well.

20. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Barriss died on Felucia, killed by a clone scout walker.

21. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Force-Keeper posted on 6/23/05 9:04pm
    "Hunt down", to me, means that Vader actually sought out some of the remaining Jedi that were hiding after surviving Order 66 and killed them. That's how I've always interpreted Obi-Wan's line in ANH. Vader went on a search for the remaining Jedi and killed them. He didn't just kill the ones in the Jedi Temple and called it a day, but he actually went planet to planet, looked for, and killed the remaining Jedi.
    [hr][/blockquote] I totally agree with this statement. He hunted them down, located in their hiding places, and executed them. He didn't just limited his Jedi betraying activities to the actions at the Jedi Temple. He actually went out in the galaxy and searched them out.

Oh, and Barriss, according to the EU, got roasted by a AT-TE's blaster fire. That is, however, EU...[face_tongue]

22. StarTrek_RULES

StarTrek_RULES Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    I think Mace survived, there is just no way Mace could die

23. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
  24. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    [image=http://uk.geocities.com/jedi_wars2001/cliegg.jpg]

?Accept it.

25. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    If Mace Windu came back in the EU, I think it would be interesting :) (Don't be angry at me, but some aspects of the EU are interesting).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.