main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So which Jedi Survived order66?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DARTHKANISS, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    They can become significant if they Star in the T.V. Show.

2. lrdmonarch

lrdmonarch Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2001
    shakk ti wasn't killed by order 66, she was killed by grevous.

She actually had two different fates which were both cut. One was Greivous on his ship and the other was Anakin at the Temple. It's possible she might end up in the tv show.

3. Master_Zaraz

Master_Zaraz Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2005
    If Lucas doesn't allow some jedi to survive Order 66 and live through the Empire's reign, that will be the stupidest thing he has ever done. Think about it: The only two jedi that live are the only two that have any significance in all the movies. That's just stupid. All the other jedi have just as much chance of survival as Yoda and Obi-Wan did. I can bet there are at least a hundred jedi spread out across the universe in exile that live through the Emipre's reign.

~Cheers,
    Zaraz

4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I agree in that the tv series should end with all the jedi dead or lost by the end of the show. But it will be fun watching their adventures against foe's and the Empire. I don't want to see movie characters except maybe Boba Fett (with the right voice) and maybe some other bounty hunters we know (hint with my name).
    If Shaak Ti's death is on the dvd deleted scenes then my take is she is officially dead.

5. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    whostheBossk likes this.
  6. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    The following was written by a Star Wars d20 fan named Khaine on the Star Wars d20 board on wizards.com He posts a pretty good argument for the number of Jedi alive at the time of Episode IV.

Anyway, at the start of this mess, I mentioned my Jedi "hit-list", so here it is. This is drawn from all the sources I has easy access to at the moment, and is up to date to my knowledge.

Name.............Status After Ep III.
    Yoda...........................Alive
    Obi Wan Kenobi.............Alive
    Mace Windu..................Killed by Darth Sidious
    Agen Kolar....................Killed by Darth Sidious
    Kit Fisto.......................Killed by Darth Sidious
    Saesee Tiin..................Killed by Darth Sidious
    Adi Gallia......................Killed by General Grievous during Clone Wars
    Dark Woman..................Alive
    Depa Bilaba...................Comatose in Jedi Temple after Haruun Kal; Unknown
    Eeth Koth.....................Killed on Geonosis
    Even Piell.....................Unknown
    Jocasta Nu...................Killed in Jedi Temple
    Luminara Unduli.............Killed during Order 66
    Nejaa Halycon..............Killed on Suarbi 5/7 during Clone Wars
    Oppo Rancisis...............Killed by Sora Bulq during Clone Wars
    Plo Koon......................Killed during Order 66
    Quinlan Vos..................Killed during Order 66 (chance of survival 50%)
    Shaak Ti......................Killed in the Jedi Temple (according to the script)
    Tholme........................Killed during the Clone Wars
    Tra Saa.......................Unknown
    Tracia Cho Leern...........Unknown
    Yaddle........................Killed before Clone Wars
    Aayla Secura...............Killed during Order 66 (chance of survival 10%)
    A?Sharad Hett..............Unknown
    Bariss Offee.................Killed during Order 66 (chance of survival 30%)
    Bultar Swan.................Unknown
    Jiesel..........................Unknown
    Ki Adi Mundi.................Killed during Order 66
    K?kruhk.......................Unknown
    Stass Allie...................Killed during Order 66
    Ylenic It?kla..................Alive

Okay, those I've listed with a chance of survival are based on the shown circumstances of their deaths, followed by a best guess (cannonically, their all dead, though, with the possible exceptions of Depa Bilaba).

There is a point to this exercise. Of the 31 Jedi listed, 4 live through Ep III (12.9%), 19 are killed (61.3%), and the fate of 8 remains unknown (25.8%). Assuming that 5 of the 8 unknowns are killed (roughly 60% of the unknowns), this brings the total to 7 alive (22.6% of total) and 24 dead (77.4% of total).

Before I continue, I would like to acknowledge that, yes, the following argument is basically fallacious. Sample group we have above cannot be seen as an accurate cross section of the status of all Jedi at the end of Ep III, but whatever. It's what we've got.

Somewhere (I think either the RCR or Power of the Jedu) it was stated that there were around 10,000 Jedi at the begining of Ep II. This of course would mean Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters (I doubt padawan would be counted). So, out of 10,000 Jedi, using the figures above as representative, the Clone Wars and Ep III leave 7740 casualties (77.4% of 10,000), leaving 2260 (22.6%) Jedi alive at the end of Ep III.

Now, I assume the Jedi Purge (not Order 66, that was just the begining) has a kill rate of roughly 85% (I can't see it being much more efficient, I mean yeah, clone troopers are good shots, but storm troopers can't seem to hit the side of a barn with any accuracy). That kills off 1921 of the remaining Jedi over the next 20 years, leaving about 339 Jedi (knights and masters) wandering around, in hiding, etc. at the begining of Ep IV. Take it for what you will.

7. JediMasterGaraceDane

JediMasterGaraceDane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Well in accordense with much of the rest of the board there really arent any KNOWN Jedi like, Kit Fistro, Ki-Adi, Mace Windu etc alive any longer. The clones turned and killed on all of the masters especially the ones on the council. But not all jedi in the war were generals or commanders of a battalion or a unit of clones. Some were recon or scouts for more systems to be taken back by the Galatic Republic. Most likely there were only a very few Jedi used for such tasks as we find out in ROTS that clone intelligence units does most of that work. From this assumption we must assume that there are likely half dozen jedi left including Obi-Wan and Yoda.

From the movie, the jedi becon was put in place incase there were some jedi that survived or escaped "Order 66". not to mention Obi-Wan and Yoda both put an exageration on we MUST get back (the jedi temple)to save whoever is left from the betrayal. We must again assume from movie lines directly that there are some jedi left. And this plays into GL new creation of the Star Wars TV Series. Hes awesome. Putting some speculation as to who could have survived and whats going to be in the TV showing. I give him that hes great to do this to us lol.....

8. neojedi18

neojedi18 Jedi Knight

Feb 28, 2005
    Get Republic issue 76, it just came out, Master Tholme is alive!!!! I knew it. And I think you should add percentage next to Stass Allie's survival, she merely was thrown off a speeder bike into WATER. Such a powerful, beauiful, and wonderful master would hardly die to such a fate, methinks. And wasn't she originally intended to beahead the two clones following her, and flee to safety? (A spoiled friend told me he read that along time ago) *shrugs* Maybe that's why we saw a new version with Nina Fallon, instead of Lily Nyamwasu? I don't know about that, though, like with Luminara having a different actress for that one shot. Perhaps the original actresses did all the fighting? I honestly don't know. If anyone could clear that up for me, I'd be very thankful

9. DARTHJOSEPH

DARTHJOSEPH Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2005
    If there is a scene of a Jedi dying in ROTS, they are DEAD....all of them...Lucas cut too many scenes to leave any "Hmmm, they might be dead" scenes in the final cut. Also there were many more death scenes in the sceenplay that were either left or cut out, so I'd say they did leave some Jedi to use in the books, comic books and TV show. If they didn't die in the Clone Wars TV show or comics, or in ROTS...I'd say they are still "waiting to be killed" including Shaak Ti. I've seen the pics, read the screenplay and played Lego Star Wars and still stand by this assumption. Oh and if you paid close attention you would have seen Stass Allie limp lifeless body crash into one of the things in the background..."tree?" some kind of structure???...look carefully her body hits it and then slides of to fall towards the ground! DEAD!

10. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    Anything Comic is EU Unless George Says Otherwise

11. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    Well in the Eu some survive, end of story :)

12. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm sorry, I don't care how you slice it Yoda was telling the truth. There are no Jedi left by the time of RotJ and most likely there were no other Jedi besdies Obi-wan and Yoda by the time of ANH. Lucas said specifically that you had to know that Luke was alone in the world. There was no one left to help him, the Jedi were gone.

Adding this or that hiding Jedi just muddies the water and destroys the intended dramatic tension of the movies. But then I guess that's what the EU is best at.

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes, but some can star in the T.V. Show. It doesn't mean that no other Jedi besides Obi and Yoda survived ROTS.

14. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Hey Whiskers you forgot about Pablo-Jill. It's unknown if he's dead or alive too.

15. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    of course jedi other than obi wan and yoda survived. the point is that by the time of anh, they are all dead. vader has successfully rid the galaxy of all those knights and masters who survived order 66, as well as his attack on the temple.

16. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    "look carefully her body hits it and then slides of to fall towards the ground! DEAD!"

not that im arguing with you...but what side of the screen is it? is it on the same structure that her bike hits, except you actually see her body? ive seen it five times, and have yet to actually see her body, but ill take your word for it.

17. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Obi-Wan and Yoda.
    Open and shut case.
    Except Mace of course, he used Vaapad to find the ground's shatterpoint, and thus did not die on impact [face_whistling]

Edit: This quote is instructive when assessing the EU's role in this question:

?There are two worlds here,? explained Lucas. ?There?s my world, which is the movies, and there?s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe ? the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don?t intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don?t get too involved in the parallel universe.?

Cinescape interview, 2002

18. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Although he left the Order prior to ROTS, Ferus Olin also survived.

19. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    How do you know? By ANH they are the only survivors but I'm almost sure others survived ROTS. These Survivors could star in the T.V. Show. This would also be a part of GL's Universe.

20. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    I'm almost sure others survived ROTS
    Why?

21. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    well gl did go out of his way to have obi wan discuss the possibilty of jedi survivers both when they got rescued on the tantive, and when they were at the temple. yoda even says it will take the clones a long time to discover the recalibration. to me, it sounds like gl is setting us up for vader hunting down and destroy surving jedi.

22. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    to me, it sounds like gl is setting us up for vader hunting down and destroy surving jedi.

To me, that sounds like a Vader fanboy wet dream!

23. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well the Beacon Signal change must have benefited some. There were thousands of Jedi spread out throughout the Galaxy surely some must have not been around Clones. Also it is unknown if some Jedi died or survived and I also think the T.V. Show will have Jedi. I think the sShow should and could focus the Show around a few or one surviving Jedi.

24. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    What about going to this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Jedi_Purge (It's a great resource center I found a couple of days ago).

25. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    no its not

personally i dont need a show showing vader killing jedi.

but the fact that gl uses two scenes full of "warn of the remaining jedi" dialouge, i think its safe to assume some jedi other than obi wan and yoda survived.

"the remaining jedi will be hunted down and defeated"-palpatine

if anyone knows that some jedi still live, its this guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.