main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So which Jedi Survived order66?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DARTHKANISS, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes most of it is accurate to me but how do they know about Bultar Swan getting killed if it wasn't in the Novel, Movie, Graphic Novel, Visual Dictionary. I also heard that she was supposed to be in the Movie but no scenes were even shot with her in it. The official site said she would be returning. Her statis of whether if she is dead or alive is still unknown to me.

2. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Jedi that survived the purge and there fate

Dark Women (later hunted own by Vader)
    Echuu Shen-Jon (killed by Vader allowing Leia to destroy the Vor'Na Tu)
    Emprajatos Brand (killed in Empire's End blocking a force blast)
    Yoda (natural causes)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (need I say more)
    Kam Soulsar (still alive)
    Luke Skywalker (sorta)
    Leia Skywalker (sorta)
    Ikrit (killed by the Vong)
    Ood Bnar (dies crushing Sedriss in DEII)

There a few more, I just can't think of them right now.

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Oh and if you paid close attention you would have seen Stass Allie limp lifeless body crash into one of the things in the background..."tree?" some kind of structure???...look carefully her body hits it and then slides of to fall towards the ground! DEAD!

I thought it was her too, but after watching it again carefully, you can see it was the front part of the speeder bike. I still think she is dead .

4. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    "Heard from no one, have we"
    Yoda on the Tantive IV

5. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Palpatine states that the "remaining Jedi" would be hunted down. Just because they were unable to make contact with Yoda does not mean that they were killed in the initial stages of Order 66. Besides, not all the Jedi were in combat situations in which clonetroopers were around to kill them. It's obvious that not every single Jedi was killed immediately.

6. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    It's obvious that not every single Jedi was killed immediately.

Not obvious from any of the scenes. I would say that the order 66 montage was meant to give us the impression that Jedi were being eradicated. Has Sidious ever said a true thing while in the Senate? Should we really take his word for it on this one?

7. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    What's hard to believe about the fact that some Jedi survived past the initial stages of Order 66? Is it truly inconceivable that some Jedi were not involved in the war effort and were not present at the Temple? The idea of the sequence was to show the attrocities of the Empire. Again, Palpatine states that the "remaining Jedi" will be "hunted down and destroyed." Just because he isn't always honest with the Senate does not mean that every single statement that comes from him is an outright lie.

I also take the line "Vader helped hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights" to mean more than just his raid on the Temple. There wasn't much "hunting down" to do if they were all at the Temple, and the line is consistant with Palpatine's from ROTS.

8. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    There is no chance that Aayla is alive. Tom Hodges has confirmed that 100%.

And Ferus Olin is still alive as shown in "The Last of the Jedi."

9. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    but why would palpatine want to lie about hunting down the remaining jedi.

he states it in a very "matter-of-fact" way, which implies that there are reports that many jedi did survive.

10. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Right.

He still has to keep the Senate rallied behind him. The Separatists are no longer their enemy. They need a new enemy to put forth a unified stance again. The Jedi are now that enemy. They are traitors to the Republic and to the Senate, and must be destroyed.

11. Mc-Lan

Mc-Lan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    Yoda's quote to Luke means pretty much nothing. Not even Yoda can sence every jedi in the universe. Much less be in exactly the right mind when he's 2 minutes form death.

This post made possible by Mc-Lan :cool:

12. LordDarthDevaious

LordDarthDevaious Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2005
    i don't know if this has already been mentioned, but in the Last of the Jedi book 1, a young reader one by Jude Watson, Ferus Olin is still alive after Order 66, but he had left the Jedi Order.

13. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Not only that, but the 23 or so years between ROTS and ROTJ gives plenty of time for the survivers to be hunted down by the Empire and killed, or to die in their own way.

14. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    ^how did master tholme survive? isnt that the same comic?

15. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Tholme is dead. Jan Duursema stated this herself here.

16. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    "Yoda's quote to Luke means pretty much nothing. Not even Yoda can sence every jedi in the universe. Much less be in exactly the right mind when he's 2 minutes form death."

What?

Yoda: "This one a long time have i watched, a long time." about Luke. Why is it
    so hard to believe that Yoda could not keep tabs on missing Jedi that he trained,
    Yoda trains all younglings so he's touched all Jedi lives at some point, if he
    can keep tabs on Luke, whom he's only seen for all of a few minutes?

2 Minutes from death? He's about to become one with the force, he should be more aligned
    to force sensitive beings, not less. It adds more gravity to "when gone am i, the last of the jedi will you be." There is no reason for him to say these things if we
    can't take them at face value. Yoda isn't just telling Luke, GL is telling us
    in the audience, hey, if Luke fails, it's all over. You are forgetting the
    very tenets of successful storytelling in the face of delving into abstraction.

17. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I disagree. I don't think that Yoda physically kept watch over Luke in any way. More likely, Qui-Gon told Yoda what was going on with Ben and Luke, and then Ben subsequently told Yoda what was going on too once he died. I think ROTS gives us a good indication that they are unable to sense the other Jedi who are still alive.

18. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    thanks j_m_o

19. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    while i do agree there were survivers of order 66, i am of the belief that luke is indeed the last of the jedi. yoda was right about that.

20. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    "I disagree. I don't think that Yoda physically kept watch over Luke in any way. More likely, Qui-Gon told Yoda what was going on with Ben and Luke, and then Ben subsequently told Yoda what was going on too once he died. I think ROTS gives us a good indication that they are unable to sense the other Jedi who are still alive."

All the evidence seems to indicate otherwise, that Yoda did indeed keep watch over them.
    "always has he looked away to the future. never his mind on where he was, what he was doing. adventure, heh, excitement, heh. a jedi craves not these things."

Luke looks abashed at this very personal assessment. I don't get the feeling that
    the force ghost of a character never mentioned nor presumably even concocted at that
    point could speak to Luke's demeanor.

You don't believe that in 20 years of hiding and meditating upon their failures and
    shortcomings that Obi Wan and Yoda could develop their ability
    to sense users of the force?

What exactly are we arguing here, that a: whether there were jedi out there after
    ROTS or b: whether yoda or ben could sense them?

21. Iceman_X

Iceman_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
    I think that the EU will sum everything up.Im hoping that we will see some Jedi that we know in the TV series... But Im sticking with the theory that there are Jedi alive and well that survive order 66 but by ROTJ they have either been killed or just faded away and became one with the force peacefully.

22. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    So which Jedi Survived order66?

The only confirmed ones are Obi-Wan and Yoda. Others have yet to be revealed by Lucas.

23. neojedi18

neojedi18 Jedi Knight

Feb 28, 2005
    Tholme is NOT dead, you guys just haven't read the brand new comic (Republic 76) where he surprises everyone by coming back ALIVE and well. I won't spoil what exactly happened or why he did it, but he temporarily cut himself off from the force in a jedi trance (like what K'krouk does, or Luke did, in I think it was Children of the Jedi)

24. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    When the author says that Tholme is dead, it's a good bet that he is.

25. Senator_Anakin_Solo

Senator_Anakin_Solo Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2003
    Vergere survived. I don't know how everybody forgets about her. Obi-Wan and Yoda definitely weren't the last Jedi in ANH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.