LA, CA So which movie do you want to see next?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    There's A-Team, Prince of Persia and Toy Story 3. Any suggestions?
  2. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm ready to get on the Jazz, so I vote A-Team.
  3. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    They're not out yet. But two that I will be happy to splurge on are the Harry Potter movie and The Last Airbender.
  4. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well I still vote for the A-Team which releases one week from this Friday. " I Pity the Fool"
  5. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    "I pity the fool who don't come to see A-Team!"
  6. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm looking at different movies that are out now/coming out soon, and I'm seeing a few that might interest me. The ones with exclamation points are ones that take priority for me.

Now Playing:
    Letters to Juliet- romance- !

Opening This Week:
    The A-Team- action- !
    Kings of the Evening- drama
    Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage- documentary- !
    Winter's Bone- drama
    Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky- drama/romance
    Legends of Flight- documentary

Opening This and Next Month:
    Jonah Hex- superhero/action- !
    The last Airbender- action/fantasy
    Toy Story 3- animated- !
  7. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've heard all bad things about "The Last Airbender." But, I want to see it anyway. (In 3D or nothing!) Anyone else still interested?
  8. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    Not really. But I still haven't seen Toy Story 3. Anyone want to go see that?
  9. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was very underwhelmed by 1 & 2. But, thanks.

Hey, we could all don black and go see Eclipse. The ladies could divide swooning for Jacob or Edward and the guys could all swoon over Bella. Hey, swooning over Swan. SJ could sigh, "Ooh, she's so dreamy." It'd be a hoot!
  10. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yes the Twilight chicks are cute, but I don't do anything Twilight.

I do want to see The Last Airbender.

I liked Toy Story 3. I could relate to growing up and having to part with the toys I loved as a kid.
  11. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I second this and since it isn't playing in Imax 3D no worries there!!!
    [face_thinking]
  12. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    It is playing in 3D, even if it's not IMAX. I gotta see it in 3D!
    When shall we do this?
    What are you guys doing Saturday?
    Where's it playing that's convenient?
    South Bay?
    Santa Monica?
    Sherman Oaks?

Here's some options:
    http://www.movietickets.com/movie_detail.asp?movie_id=93691&SearchZip=90034&SearchRadius=15&start=93&showdate=1&review=
  13. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry for the double post, but if this looks like something you guys want to do, call me on my home landline. It's the weekend and my computer at home isn't working.
  14. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well still to busy with my Pod Racers Woes, the struggle continues... So probably will not be up for Airbender for a while and for me since it isn't in Imax, don't really care about the Real 3D which for the 2 experiences I had were Highly Underimpressive and would be happy with a good DLP 2D experience.:-B [face_thinking]

PS: Also we are Highly Uninterested in the Sparkly Glowie Twilight Experience!!!
  15. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Twilight thing was a joke, although it has gotten better reviews than Last Airbender.
    I am determined to see Last Airbender in 3D. I hear that's the best thing about the movie. Also, I'm determined to see it soon, since it has been panned and probably won't be around for very long.

There's another movie coming out that looks pretty interesting, The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Anyone else want to see this one?
  16. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm generally fine with seeing most movies in regular 2-D and only see them in IMAX 3-D or even regular 3-D if it's something that really seems like it will put the technology to good use, maybe even as a plot device. I'm completely uninterested in seeing 3-D and IMAX 3-D simply for the sake of seeing them in that format. Also, if The Last Airbender's best quality is the 3-D- which isn't actually part of the movie- then...yeah...not interested. I still want to see Toy Story 3. And I'd prefer to see in in 2-D format. It just seems like the right thing to do. Other than that, there really doesn't seem to be much of anything coming out this summer that's really exciting me. I haven't even seen a movie in theaters since like April, which is rare for me, especially around this time of year.
  17. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    I heard Inception is supposed to be great. Anyone else interested in seeing that?
  18. Avalyn07 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay, I won't bore with getting on my Twilight soap box and I have already seen it.

Inception looks pretty cool. I am free on Sunday.
  19. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Avalyn,

You have my number or you can post a thread to see who might want to a movie get together. I was free Sunday as well, but since I didn't see any interest during the week, I had made a trip to the junk yard to find some small stuff for my car.

If anyone else wants to see Inception, we should do some suggestions for a date and time.

I'm free during the week right now or next weekend.
  20. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    A7, I actually like the Twilight books and want to see the second two movies. They are well written, imaginative stories. When you get to know this group better, which I hope you will do[:D] , you'll see why getting them together to see Eclipse was a joke. (Also, hype is usually funny, no matter how good the product being hyped.)

SJ, If you can get a weekend group together to see Inception, I'm tentatively in.

Everybody, I saw The Last Airbender this weekend. It was definitely one of the most underrated movies of the year. My opinion is that it's the best M Night Shyamalan movie since Sixth Sense. I definitely liked it better than either of the Narnia movies. This movie is only Book 1 & it's set up for sequels. That might have confused some people. The only other reason I can see for it being panned was the whole hubbub about the casting being politically incorrect. But, the characters actually did look like the ANIMATED characters in the CARTOON SERIES. I give it a thumbs up.

21. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well for me Twilight is only enjoyable if I was a Teenage Girl tried the first one on rental but vowed to stay away from the rest.

We are out for Inception since the Battle of my Pod completetion is now very close and not to mention that Mary has repeatedly expressed that she has no desire to see this film.

Ok Avatar LB: Just came back from seeing it in Standard 2D, I will agree with V that it has been seriously panned and for me is the Best M Shamayalan Film since except for Unbreakable which I can barely tolerate, I hate them all. the RC: What a Twist Skit Rules though. Also will agree about Narnia which I have only seen the first one( Hated It) and skipped or skipping the rest. Ok from this point on I Disagree with V, for me regardless of the Bad Press, I thought the Casting Director should be hung from the Highest Yardarm Immediately, only Ang was mildly close and the rest reminded me of extra's from Price of Persia, Poor Uncle Iro why did they Misalign you so???? My worst fear is in the Sequels if they ever get made?? Who will be cast then if the already established actors, move on and have to be replaced.
  22. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    You would actually enjoy Twilight if you were a teenage girl? Wow.:p

And yes, I have read extensively on the overarching plot and themes of the entire series, as well as the individual books, just to see what it was about. No, I haven't read any of the actual books or seen any of the actual movies, but....it...just....isn't....good.....in fact, it's not just bad, it's probably the worst thing made in the past five years.....Dan Brown's work may give it a run for its money, I don't know.
  23. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    MZ, You don't really know if the books & movies are good or not if you haven't read them yourself. You could say, "I've heard from a lot of sources I respect..." but that's about it. The thing is, people whose opinions I usually respect told me "The Hangover" was funny. I was sooooo glad I didn't waste any money on it. For me, there was not one giggle let alone laugh in the whole movie. Yes, I 'got' the jokes. They just weren't funny.
  24. Avalyn07 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Awe thanks guy's for the girly support regarding "Twilight".
    Honesty is the best policy I respect that and understand it's not for everyone.

Top 3 un-girly movies just to balance this out is, Alien, Reservoir dogs and Blade Runner. All of these I actually saw in the theater at the time.

I wish I could hang out this week or weekend but I am moving, again. No not far, just four miles from where I live now. So I got that whole packing thing to do. Perhaps the first weekend in August so I will keep an eye out to what is happening then. Cheers!
  25. Varekeii Jedi Knight

star 2
    August 7 is 2 1/2 weeks from now. Inception should still be playing. I can certainly wait that long if the rest of you can.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.