main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA So which movie do you want to see next?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Aren't our movie gatherings inexpensive? I don't work at all and I got to school, but I catch movies quite frequently. Not to mention my car is a 6 cylinder. When there is a will there is a way. It's up to each individual to make that will. I'm only one decision away from being homeless, but I do my best to make ends meet and still spend time with my friends.

Please keep in mind that in a city like L.A., we can't always make everyone happy with our movie choice or location.

2. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Actually, SJ, you are one of the people I had in mind. I know your financial situation is pretty tough right now. 3D movie plus gas plus dinner can get pretty expensive. I know other LAFF members that say they're skipping any but the movies they most want to see besides me.

But, I miss seeing you guys.

3. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    We don't eat out for dinner anymore. We just go to the movie and we usually carpool. We actually don't see every movie in 3D. Only certain ones.

4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I pretty much just try to avoid paying for a movie I think is iffy as far as quality, and see those at the DGA if I have any interest in it, because the only reason to see it in a regular theater is if I'm busy that day or if I really want to see it sooner, like Resident Evil I paid for. But wow, $17.50 in the premiere cinema at L.A. Live! That's... absolutely obscene.

5. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Wow $17.50 I guess I am better off going to Gold Class for $22.00, sheesh. I did hear of a theater at USC that is really cheap but kinda ruin down. Does anyone know about it or have been there, what's it like? Star Wars theme is playing on the Classic Radio staion right now, lol!

6. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Aha, pledge drive, well Star Wars has always managed to get my wallet open. Sorry OT. :)

7. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Skyline
    Harry Potter

Anyone up for getting together to see a movie during the Thanksgiving holiday?

8. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Going to Cabo San Lucas this year for about 8-9 days for Thanksgiving, otherwise I'd be up for it but maybe another time!

9. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I read the movie watcher reviews (not critics) for Skyline and it doesn't seem that good. However I am up for seeing Harry Potter again if you'd like to see it VK2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.