main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So which video game deaths were hard for you to accept

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rebel_Loyaltist, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Yeah, Aeris in FF VII was a tough loss. Quite the nasty way to die as well.

2. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Shadow the Hedgehog. He gave his life for the memory of Maria.And that girl in Zone of the Enders.

3. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Timmy's death in Kabuto, I was both horrified and laughing my ass off at the same time.
    'TIM-MMMMMM-MMMM-YYYYYY-YYYYYYY!!!'

Malcomn Corley in Full Throttle,
    'MINI VANS BEN! MINI VANS!'

Kerrigans Death and Subsequent Rebirth in StarCraft, that really got me when Mengsk just let her eat static,
    'Hello, We're getting overrun down here! We desparately need pickup!'

And of course, the usual others, Aeris, Grey Fox, Vulcan, take your pick.

4. Ryozo

Ryozo Jedi Master star 1

Oct 3, 2002
    I'd second Kerrigan's; I'm sure Mengsk is burning... freezing?... for it. Add Sniper Wolf's to the list while you're at it.

5. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Timmy's death in Kabuto, I was both horrified and laughing my ass off at the same time.
    'TIM-MMMMMM-MMMM-YYYYYY-YYYYYYY!!!'

Giants is great!

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Oh yeah - Timmy's (in Giants) was awesome! [face_laugh]

Also Maggie, the dog in Blade Runner. :mad:

I also thought Purple Tentacle's death was rather undignified in DOTT.

Great thread! :)

7. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Aeris from Final Fantasy VII

Not only did she have unbelievable Limit Breaks, I managed to unlock Great Gospel before the 'accident' :D, but her character could have had so much more development that it just...sucked, to have her die like that.

I admit, however, that she had one of the biggest bangs in terms of game deaths, ever.

8. Canderous

Canderous Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2003
    Grey Fox's death in Metal Gear Soild. Sad.

Yeah, I agree with that. It was a shame they killed him off; Grey Fox was a good character.

9. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    definetly Aries in FF7....

although it is a great cinematic

10. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Wilkes Jr.'s Death from Splinter Cell. He died while trying to divert enmy fire away from you. :( He was really young, and was always there to pick you up after a mission was completed. Even so, that is one of my FAVORITE cutscenes.
    ~~~
    In StarCraft:Brood Wars, there is this one Marine in the Intro. His firing at Zerglings, then he runs out of ammo. Suddenly, two rockets come flying from behind him, killing the Zerglings. He turns around to face the Marine who fired.

"Who's in charge here?"

The other Marine points a finger to the sky. A huge Terran Cruiser looms overhead, with searchlights waving about. After a conversation between two high-ranked officials, the searchlights recede back into the ship, and flies away.
    The Marine just looks up at it, making you feel a lot of pity for the guy. Then as the camera zooms back, you see a wave of Zerglings flanking the Marines trench. It cuts black right before they jump into the trench...Poor Marine. :(
    ~~~
    Also, I feel bad for Fenix in StarCraft. His fore-arm blades fizzle out while he's about to fight a Hydralisk. To make it worse, he gets turned into Dragoon, and dies again!
    ~~~
    James Bond 007:NightFire

This super hot Asian babe named Kiko gets incinerated by shuttle engines. I don't care if she tried to kill you, she was a babe!
    ~~~
    Halo

Foe Hammer dies while she tries to pick you up for extraction. I can still hear her:
    "Airfoil structures are shot to hell! I can't hold on! I can't-- *static*"
    ~~~

11. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I have to go with everyone who said Aeris from FF7. :( :_|

12. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    reti from jedistarfighter and roz from bounty hunterand I literally cried when fenix died in starcraft brood war he was one of the mmost heric characters the worst part was when you had to kill him yourself

13. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    From Rebel Assault II the B-Wing pilot who was flying with you before you went down. I mean he was so concerned about your safety then gone.

But on a lighter note I remember playing a X-Wing skirmish mission. A few X-Wings, B-Wings and A-Wings assaulting an Imperial convoy. I target one of the freighters when I see a B-Wing come in from the right. I was expecting it to fire and turn away. It just keep getting closer and closer to the freighter. I'm like "fire damn you!!!". Then it just crashes into the freighter. I'm like "Nooooo!!!! You idiot! Why the heck did you fly into it?!?!". After laughing my butt of I remembered since it was simulator and the pilot was alive. Then I remembered Star Wars wasn't real and took a long walk.

14. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
  15. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    Wow the same mod laughing at two of my jokes. I feel special.

16. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    The one where she vomits and then drowns in it.

And on sonic when you're just trying to get the rings and they fall and crush you.

17. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Does ANYBODY reading this remember the old Adventure game "Shannara" by Legend Entertainment, designed by Lori and Corey Cole (designers of Sierra's QFG series)?

When Shella (the girlfriend of Jak Ohmsford) died, I was seriously on the verge of tears.

Can anybody remember this game?

18. StormtrooperVF101

StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2001
    Yes, I remember Shannara. But I never played it, my sister played it many times however.

And in every Star Wars game I play it's with a heavy heart that I kill Stormtroopers.

19. Koala3K

Koala3K Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    **SYPHON FILTER SPOILERS WITH NO SPOILAGE SPACE OR BLACKENED OUT WORDS!!!**

I hated to see Teresa die in Syphon Filter 2. I think I almost cried. She was the only character in the game who actually had a strong character, and she died. And it was so sad.

And don't give me any of that crap about how Teresa comes back in Syphon Filter 3. I refuse to accept Syphon Filter 3 as canon, for various reasons.

--Koala3K

20. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Hawk in Soldier of Fortune. I couldn't believe it.

21. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    'Ooh yeah, chalk another one up for Sniper Wolf, I found that whole Otacon/Snake/Wolf ordeal was a pretty emotional thing.

IMO, That IS some of the BEST acting EVER seen in a video game.

22. MandalorianJango

MandalorianJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    I would agree with Solocommand
    Sniper Wolf was awesome

also Aeris' Death in FF7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.