Cincin, OH So, who are my fellow BSG fans around here?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by GeekGoddess, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Over here in E-Ville we also have a strong following for Battlestar Galactica in the group (even have a couple of dedicated threads to it) Do any of y'all really get into it too? I'd love to have some more people to discuss it with. My TV bit the dust a few weeks ago, so I've been downloading the episodes off of iTunes.
  2. Robert-A-Fett Force Ghost

star 3
    Love BSG. I work 2nd shift so if I want to catch the show I have to watch the rerun at like 1 am. Love downloading em off Itunes though, makes things a little easier and me a little less sleep deprived.
  3. DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh, I love it. It's easily the best show on TV.
  4. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    So who are you favorite characters and plotlines? What do you think of the theory that season 3 is going to be done mainly from the Cylon PoV instead of the Fleet PoV? What do you think will become of Hera the Hybrid baby? How long do you think Lee will live since the Pegasus can't seem to keep a Leader for long? *chuckle* (I should start taking under/over line bets!) Do you think the prophecy is now null and void since Rosalin was brought back from the brink of death? And what do you think Caprica 6 and Sharon have got planned?
  5. Z28Jerry Jedi Knight

star 1
    Love that show! It is the only sci-fi show that my wife sits down and watches with me, and that's saying ALOT. She even called me the other week from work jokingly reminding me that we had a date that night to watch BSG, lol.
  6. DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Master

star 3
    You'll find out what the original Galactica Sharon and Caprica 6 have up their sleeve on the season finale, I won't ruin it for you. As far as season 3 being from the cylon POV that's totally bogus. It wouldn't be nearly as compelling and it would get tiring seeing the same 6 models we've seen over and over again. The hybrid baby might make a comeback next season, I don't know. As far as Lee is concerned, they obviously won't kill him off. If anything he and Starbuck will probably be attending to some sort of business on Galactica and the Pegasus will jump away (much like the original BSG where it will only makes surprise appearances, but I doubt that will happen too). The prophecy has fulfilled it's role for now and I'm making the prediction that it won't come back until the show ends. Then to conclude the series the fleet does indeed find Earth, and we won't ever know what happens next.

What I really want to see in season 3 is more revelations on the other 6 cylon models we haven't seen. Wouldn't it be crazy to find out that somebody that we thought was dead was in fact a cylon model? Like Billy? That would be cool. But then again, that's just hopeful thinking because I liked Billy and I'm upset they killed him off. BOO!
  7. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, our resident BSG Guru here in E-Ville (Ulkesh/John) has made some comments to the same effect of Billy being a cylon model. Also something about there being a child model too, like in "Screamers".

Taking bets on Lee was a joke. ;) And while I don't theink they will devote an entire season to the Cylon PoV, I defintely think we will see a lot more of it at least. As fas as Baby Hera goes, Ulkesh has even speculated that she is the revised version of Dr. Z from the original. What I'm waiting to see is the new version of the Muffit the Daggit. *chuckle*
  8. Exalted_1 FF Chapter Rep Cincinnati, OH USA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    oh yeah! daggits Rock!
    (just kidding)

ick! monkeys in dog suits!

I like BSG, I haven't been able to follow it like I've wanted to early on. so now I've been quite lost.

so I cannot give an accurate judgement.

all I can say is storytelling is like cooking: it's all about flavor and presentation.

9. DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Master

star 3
    So what does everyone think of the season finale?
  10. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll let you know as soon as I get enough time to watch it, and last weeks episodes I have downloaded.
  11. Z28Jerry Jedi Knight

star 1
    oh, oh...the allow me to spoil it for you......sorry that's just not right.

I though it was pretty good, they at least threw you a curveball, which I was hoping they would. The passage of time over the episode surprised me, but was a good hook.

All in all, can't wait for next season!
  12. DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Master

star 3
    Well one of the reasons I love the show so much is that it is constantly changing and taking on new and different issues.

Here's a new interview Ron Moore did about Season 3. http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/3300/2/

I'm looking forward to the vichi france type situation that's going to happen in the beginning of the season.
  13. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    O.K., I just finished watching both parts 1 & 2 of Lay Your Burdens Down. I'll have to get back to you guys. I've been rendered speechless. (mark it on a calender, it almost never happens) I'll post my thoughts/opinions once I've been able to process all of it.
    *wanders off in stunned silence*
  14. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    I love the new BSG, but I'm not going to get to see season three until it hits DVD. Kinda sucks that I'll have to wait, but then I'll have'em for keepsies! :D

I don't seem to ever watch enough TV to warrant getting cable or satellite.
  15. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    You don't have to wait hon, it's called iTunes or BitTorent (sp?) It's how I was able to keep up with season two
  16. Darth_Tynaus Jedi Master

star 4
    OH my gosh, I so love the series. I am such a geek about it, I even use to watch the old series as well.
  17. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    One of my soon to be roommates has the Old Series DVD set, so I will prolly end up watching it in the hiatus till Season 3.
  18. DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Master

star 3
    I tried to watch the old series on scifi once but it's just too cheesey. I couldn't stand it.
  19. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a very high "Cheese" tolerance... I'm watching the new Dr. Who :p
  20. DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Master

star 3
    The extent of my "cheese" factor goes to The Evil Dead movies.
  21. Z28Jerry Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, I got your geek right here......

(this is why we no longer drink while playing with a camera and editing programs, lol)

http://media.putfile.com/Stoopid-Geeks
  22. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Darn, for some reason it wouldn't play for me.
  23. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    My wife literally groaned when I first mentioned liking the original series. Then I was watching it one day. She came in while I was watching the Pilot episodes and got hooked. Would you believe she actually got salty with me when I watched a few episodes from the DVD set without her?!?
  24. Z28Jerry Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just checked it and it played for me, but took a about 30 seconds to load. To play Putfile streaming videos faster, select a smaller size from the drop down lit to the bottom left of inset media player.
  25. star-killer1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    A little off topic but I heard that the Adventures of Brisco Co. Jr. is coming out on dvd this summer.:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.