So who did you know coming into the house?

Discussion in 'Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by PrincessKenobi, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    So who did you know or at least knew of before coming into the house Here's the List of everyone including Comet and those who have left:

Darth_Attorney -
    Sebulba-X -
    KaineDamo -
    droideka27 -
    carmenite42 -
    Darth_AYBABTU -
    farraday -
    Qui_Gon_Jim23 -
    Mortimer_Snerd -
    Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa -
    Dark_Jedi_Kam -
    comet1440 -
    Terr_Mys -
    EagleIFilms -
    StarWars_Revelation -
    Jjanda_Solo -
    PrincessKenobi-

I knew: DA, Sebulba, farraday, Mortimer, Smuggler, Commet, AYBABTU

~PK~
  2. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Honestly didn't know anyone very well.

I knew PK probably the best, first for hanging out in the Spoiler social threads, then later finding out she lived in the same city, more or less.

Sort of familiar with Darth_Attorney, Darth_AYBABTU, Qui_Gon_Jim23, & farraday for being a mod and reading into mod like things, but never directly conversing with any of them about anything...with the exception of D_A concerning some things with Episode-X, but that was quite a long time ago.

Recently have been hanging out in YJCC, so I've seen posts by carmenite42, Mortimer_Snerd, comet1440, & Darth_Seldon, but have had no intereaction with them until this forum. Similar passing aquaintence with Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa & EagleIFilms, but probably once you've been here long enough you end up crossing paths with most regulars. I won't say I've never heard of the others, but I really didn't know them.
  3. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Knew, familiar with, or knew of all of you.

Except Kam.
  4. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I knew
    DA, Rhett, Jim, Carmen, Comet
    I had seen quite a bit of Snerd
    I had also seen SebX and SW_R
    Other than that, I don't know.

-Seldon
  5. StarWars_Revelation Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Darth_Attorney - knew
    Sebulba-X - knew
    KaineDamo - knew :-\
    droideka27 - knew
    carmenite42 - knew
    Darth_AYBABTU - knew
    farraday - knew
    Qui_Gon_Jim23 - knew
    Mortimer_Snerd - knew
    Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa - knew
    Dark_Jedi_Kam - who?
    comet1440 - knew Comet too
    Terr_Mys - no, unfortunately
    EagleIFilms - knew
    StarWars_Revelation - knew
    Jjanda_Solo - knew
    PrincessKenobi - no, unfortunately
    Darth_Seldon - also didn't know

A few of you I knew better than others when it comes to the the k factor.
  6. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Darth_Attorney - Knew.
    Sebulba-X - Passed by, but i never knew him.
    KaineDamo - No.
    droideka27 - Knew, unfortunately.
    carmenite42 - Knew.
    Darth_AYBABTU - Knew, unfortunately.
    farraday - Knew.
    Qui_Gon_Jim23 - Knew, unfortunately.
    Mortimer_Snerd - Knew.
    Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa - Knew.
    Dark_Jedi_Kam - No.
    comet1440 - The **** was voted out the first week. Why are we still talking about him?
    Terr_Mys - Knew.
    EagleIFilms - Knew.
    StarWars_Revelation - Knew.
    Jjanda_Solo - Knew, unfortunately.
    PrincessKenobi - Known for almost 3 years.
    Darth_Seldon - Knew.
  7. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    How could I forget?
    I also knew Smuggler and saw him in a great many forums.

-Seldon
  8. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    You did? Hmmm, strange. There seems to be quite a few impersonators around claiming to be me, so i highly doubt who you saw was me. What forums did you see me on?
  9. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    Star Wars Saga
    Is the one I recall.
    But also in Comms.
  10. Darth_AYBABTU Force Ghost

star 6

It's easy to pick out the Smuggler impersonators. The ones who are semi-interesting and not nearly as irritating are the fakes.

AYBABTU

11. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I had always seen AYBABTU in YJCC. It is difficult not to recognize his foul stench when you enter that forum. :)

12. Darth_AYBABTU Force Ghost

star 6

That wasn't me. Carmen had burritos for lunch.

AYBABTU

13. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I think my first encounter with Aby was when I posted my letter to Bush's chairman. We had a four page discussion before a moderator who lacked any vision at all locked it for no apparent reason. That mod went on to resignation and I can't recall the name. Anyway we later met in several threads the most famous being the Jimmy Carter discussion.

And of course not to offend anyone but,
    Behind every great Darth_AYBABTU, there is a Jim.
    Or is it
    Behind every great Jim, there is a Darth_AYBABTU

-Seldon
  14. Darth_AYBABTU Force Ghost

star 6

If we stand next to each other we look like the number 10.

AYBABTU

15. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    "Vote Republican and you are asking for hell"
  16. Darth_AYBABTU Force Ghost

star 6

You should read a history and/or economics book.

AYBABTU

17. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I have read several texts. It confirmed my stance on issues. Don't get me wrong I am not ultra liberal. I am more middle of the road. I think on each individual issue and have no problem with going against the Democratic Party on issues. I am not a slave to Liberal dogma. I think for my own and form my own opinion on these issues.
  18. Darth_AYBABTU Force Ghost

star 6

Please describe in your own words a Kerry proposal and how it will impact the nation.

AYBABTU

19. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I am not 100% for Kerry. In my opinion he was a terrible choice by the Democratic party. I am 100% against Bush. There is a key difference there.

I agree with Kerry that other nations should be invovled with Iraq and the war on terror.
    I find that Kerry will be better to the enviorment and decrease our dependency on Middle Eastern Oil.

I cannot say the same about our current leader.

I see many problems with Kerry. I don't even like the guy. I don't want to see four more years of Bush. That is what made me add Kerry to my signature.
    It has nothing to do with thinking the guy is great.

-Seldon
  20. Darth_AYBABTU Force Ghost

star 6

Tell me how Kerry will get other nations involved, when both Germany and France have said that they will not send troops to Iraq even if Kerry wins.

Also, please explain to me how you think Kerry will reduce American dependence on foreign oil without increased domestic drilling or refining, and without tapping ANWR.

AYBABTU

21. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    The technology has been put so that we can use alternate means of power. Wind power in places like Cape Cod sound, Hybrid cars, electic cars, solar cars. IF the government made an effort with the car companies these could all be sold to the masses. With government support this would be possible. I feel that our current leadership has too many interests in the oil industry to generate a change. I don't mean to go all Michael Moore on you. That guy is a hack. A man of propeganda. All I am saying is there are ways around oil, with government support they could be made possible.
    There are million other means possible, I'm not an expert and only provided a few examples.

France and Germany have both become angry with the current administration. If they are approached by a new administration in a better way it is possible. I am not saying they will help us. Or that they ever will. I am sure you are aware of other nations. Perhaps Russia, Japan, and a dozen others may help us if someone new with a new vision approches them. It is not so much that Kerry is very different from Bush. Or that they will suddenly change their mind. What Kerry will do is show that a new leader is put in place and that he is not the same as Bush. That he can offer new things and work with them. Maybe all it will change is the perception of our government (to a degree). We have given Bush plenty of time and I feel he has failed us again and again. New leadership is needed.

-Seldon
  22. Darth_AYBABTU Force Ghost

star 6

You're telling me all these things that Kerry will do, yet with no details. Do you think things are just going to spontaneously happen because he gets elected? And Japan is already contributiong mightily to the rebuilding effort in Iraq.

Where has Kerry proposed doing any of the things you described regarding electricity? How does wind power, which would presumably primarily replace coal-burning plants, reduce dependence on foreign oil? What proposals has he made that will promote the use of hybrid cars beyond what the market can sustain right now?

You speak in all these generalities that have no discernible basis in fact. You are making up a wish list for Kerry that he has not provided a means to achieve.

And let me assure you that Kerry intends to raise taxes (which he will be unlikely to do without a Dem Congress, and he isn't going to get that). Can you show me examples of a tax increase that has ever had a positive effect on the economy?

Your Kerry wishes are without merit and support from reality.

AYBABTU

23. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    No but they are all thinks Bush will not do. It is proven that Bush will not do those things.
    It is better to take a risk with someone who may do them rather then commit ourselves to four more years of someone we know will not do them.

-Seldon
  24. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Star Wars Saga
    Is the one I recall.
    But also in Comms.

Oh, i thought you meant forums as in outside of the JC. My bad.

No but they are all thinks Bush will not do. It is proven that Bush will not do those things.
    It is better to take a risk with someone who may do them rather then commit ourselves to four more years of someone we know will not do them.

Hmm? You hate Bush because he's not whimping out against other countries and yet you're wanting a Senator who doesen't even approve of his own country take his spot. I don't know about you, but i've been reading back on a lot of Kerry's past events and i really can't see why anyone would vote for him. Considering some of the crap he's done in the past, i don't understand why Kerry wasn't Court Marshalled from what he deserves and thrown in the slammer for 40 years a long time ago.

Bush is the best leader we could possibly have.
  25. Terr_Mys Force Ghost

star 6
    With whom had I actually communicated and interacted to some significant degree prior to coming into the house? Well...I can't say I know any of you very well, but I've spoken with Smuggler and AYBABTU on AIM before, at least. I may have spoken to some others, too, at least in one of those JC chat things back in the day (farraday? Jim? etc.), and I can't remember for the life of me whether Gregory the Elder was at any of the past Retreats or not...

I'm more familiar with some of the remaining users than others, but I pretty much knew of the existence of all of you except Kam, Revelation, and PrincessKenobi, I believe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.