main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So who has kids?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jabara_Eris, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabara_Eris

Jabara_Eris Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    As a newbie hto the RMFF, I'm wondering -- who here has kids? How old are they? How have they affected your involvement with fandom?

I'm wondering because my wife and I have been a bit hesitant about getting involved in fandom during the last few years because of our children. No, we're not worried that they'll tell the neighbors that their parents are involved with weird groups of weird people who dress in weird costumes -- that's because the whole neighborhood already knows I'm quite a bit left of center! ;) Until just recently, however, we had a lot of trouble finding reliable babysitters, and with our youngsters currently being the ages of 9.01 months (Alice) and 4.16 years (Miles), a reliable babysitter was a must! And even though we've occassionally been able to get away for a few hours, our weekend-long excursions to Starfest and other conventions have become a thing of the past.

Not that I'm complaining, of course. My life has been enhanced in ways that I would never have dreamed of during my childless days! :)

I'm also wondering who has kids because of the possibility of them getting together for fun stuff (like going to the zoo).

Gracias!

2. BibsForTuna

BibsForTuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2003
    Hey Jabara_Eris - I have a 5 1/2-year-old son named Cameron. This is a pretty kid friendly group for the most part. :) Even the ones who don't have kids don't usually mind if the kids tag along to some things.

It would be great to if you want to get our kids together. :) Just let me know.

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    That would a be great excuse for me to steal my nieces :D

I have no kids, but I have many nieces and nephews who love spending time with Cool Aunt Jennifer (the one who buys them SW stuff and takes them to cool places like the SW Celebrations :D )

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Umm... I eventually plan on having kids :D

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Take your time, kid ;)

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Does being a 33-year old kid count?

Feel free to buy me stuff ;)

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    That qualifies you as Peter Pan and nothing else ;)

8. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Fly with me Wendy!

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
  10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Eventually Jen. Eventually. Definetly NOT now.

Ooo! Can I be tinkerbell?

11. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    He can fly !

12. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    peter pan [face_laugh]

13. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Makes sense. I already feel like I'm having to care for the Lost Boys ;)

14. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Try dealing with Tucson sometime

15. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I don;t want to hear it, I have a 40+ year old ex-marine lunatic. I'll trade you ;)

16. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I'll trade you...at least it's legal to slap around marines.

We've got a few people in Phoenix Fan Force with kids. Our former CR usually brings her little boy everywhere. He's about 20 months and everybody loves him, so it's not a burden. JediWench has a darling little girl that she thinks get's into everything but we enjoy playing with her...I think she's around 5 or 6. Then Obey Wann sometimes brings his kids to the events when he can show up. They tend to cut his night short, but again the group welcomes them.

I'd say overall the kids don't have much of an impact on the people here. If they want to do other things non group relates, like a dinner alone with their other or go to a show, we also help babysit for each other also. I can't wait till I start my own family soon and I think that with my group in Phoenix, there won't be much of any negative impact on our activities.

17. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I always borrow Darth Small, and try to as often as is consider "sane" by his moms.....the Yoda IMAX picture took the place of Michael Jordan........YIPPEEEEEEE.

18. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    HEY!!!!! I'm hurt.........FLOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.