main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC So who has watched House of Cards on Netflix?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I just finished all 13 episodes. They were absolutely fantastic.

For those of you who don't know, it's basically Kevin Spacey Palpatine-ing the **** out of Capitol Hill. Pennsylvania is Naboo, basically everybody in Washington is Valorum, etc... etc... etc...

And it has Kate Mara.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    So he electrocutes it while cackling "AND NOW, CONGRESS BUILDING... YOU WILL DIE. YOU WILL DIE."?

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Not quite, but it has the next best thing: several endless speeches about "POWWAAAHHHH!!!! UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAHHHHH!"

GrandAdmiralJello and Ramza like this.
  4. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    i've seen the first two episodes, and have rather enjoyed them. been a while since i've seen spacey doing any actual acting, but he excels in this.

this gives me high hopes for the future of netflix as a content producer.

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I am curious as to why Netflix felt the needed to produce a series... what's next, a movie or series from Redbox? :p

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Obviously I have been meaning to, but I am behind on a number of shows. I was hoping to get to it in the next week or so.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm about halfway through it. It's pretty fun. The Palpatine comparison is rather apt.

8. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    what's most disturbing about the whole thing is how attractive Spacey is with a Southern drawl.

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Sounds cool. I'm almost done with Season 4 of the Wire, so I wanna finish that and I'm gonna start Deadwood and the Sopranos, so maybe I'll sneak this in somewhere.