main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So who here plays or watches quidditch?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Armenian_Jedi, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I love it. There are a lot of dirty players though and I think the league needs to enforce the safety of it's good players.

2. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    Who do you support?

3. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    For amateur Quidditch I've always enjoyed Ravenclaw, but for professional play, the Falmouth Falcons have always intrigued me.

I can't wait for Cho Chang to go pro. If the Falcons have a bad enough year, they may be able to get her in the draft.

4. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Maybe we should keep threads about real sports only. :p

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I agree.

Unless we want a thread dedicated to all fake sports.

6. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    who says it isn't a real sport?

"There have been small-scale attempts to adapt Quidditch to the technology available in the real world, using bicycles and Unicycles instead of broomsticks."

and

"A Quidditch match on foot was played in Salem, Massachusetts in October, 2005. The real-life teams include the Betas Anonymous Punctuation Pixies and the Effortless Edibles Fizzing Whizbees"

so... ha!

7. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I like Quidditch as much as the next guy, but does anyone else find the scoring system incredibly stupid? It's like taking a basketball game, letting everyone play for ten minutes ,and then randomly throwing out a golden basketball that's worth 50 points and gives you an automatic win.

8. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Shouldn't this be in one of the Film or fantasy forums?

9. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Well the "golden basketball" isn't an automatic win. It'll give you a lot of points that will probably result in your winning though. But since the game won't end until the "golden basketball" is caught, you could be playing for a long time. Long enough to gather enough points up against your opponent in order to make them catching the "golden basketball" insignificant.

10. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    i agree with NorCal that the scoring system sucks. too much emphasis on the Seeker. it was purely designed to give Potter more heroics.

11. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    506 is correctamundo. Observe: the latest Ireland v. Bulgaria World Cup match. Ireland led by a huge amount but then Krum caught the "golden basketball" and ended a relatively (very) short game, despite the huge 150 point increase delegated to Bulgaria. It's speculated he ended the game on his own terms because of his broken nose, but he has never cleared this matter in official comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.