Discussion in 'Canada General' started by Admiral_Thrawn60, Nov 6, 2002.
whats a runing mate?
A running mate is someone who is running with someone else (wow, that was really profound, huh?) In this case, the vice president would be the runnin mate of the president...that's what the guys are technically supposed to chose...
cool. So, this means that only W_K and AT60 are running for pary leader, right?
For right now, I guess...it's always a good idea to have three, though...no more, no less...
I'm backing Chris A_T60
This election year, KitFist0 says
Vote Canada The smart choice for concerned YJCC posters
Well, if we're doing it like they do in the states, then there's 2.
I take KitFistO as my running mate, provided he accepts.
You wanted a speech, YJN? You got a speech.
Greetings party members! The time has come to choose who will represent us in the JCC elections. It is important that we choose the person who is most likely to win the overall election, and the person who deserves it more. Remember, this is a Jedi Council Community election. My opponent, wild_karrde, is a great man and I am sure he would make a fine president. However, he is relatively unknown in Community, and thus is less likely to win a general Community election. I, on the other hand, have been one of the most prominent Community members for 2 years. I've made many friends there. In addition, it is I who discovered this game, it is I who founded this party, and it is I that started this thread. If I am elected president of the party, I plan to give every member a voice. Nobody will be left out. We will work toward victory together.
wk can now select a running mate, make a speech, and then we shall vote.
I plan to make it a public vote in this thread. No secret-ballot stuff via PM, because that's too easy to rig. Besides, when party members vote on things, they don't use secret ballots. However, if anyone has a problem with this, they are welcome to discuss it with me. This can always be changed.
I shall pick my running mate at a later date, and make my speech tomorrow when I'm not at working dealing with people who have no business being on the internet.
//slings mud at AT60
I accept this nomination and I know that A_T60 and I will pull this election off.
This election year, KitFist0 says
Vote Canada The smart choice for concerned JC posters
post # : 1500
*heh* nice speech AT60... spoken like a true politician
good luck both of you!
I withdraw from the race. I'm sick of this FF. Maybe if there's a new RSA I might reconsider, but as of now I'm done with the FF and anything related to it.
If that is your decision, then so be it. I hope you work out whatever problems you're having with your FF.
Well then, if there is nobody else interesting in running against me, then I will win by default. Is anyone interested? Kit and I have decided to wait until monday morning to allow anyone interested ample time to enter the race.
Ok, I'm in, and AT60, you'd make a fine Prime Minister or President
Great to have you aboard Entil, and thanks!
Sadly, i think WK is the only person here who could've brought opur party to power. He's well known throughout the boards, despite AT60's suggestions. He knows what needs to be changed. The attitude, for one thing. right now in mny parts of the JC the only opinion is the popular one. I think he couldve done something about it. i think he couldve changed things. i still think he can. I could care less if AT60 was leader... i just think Derek could've done better. too bad.
unfortunately, after much deliberation, i must announce my resignation from the Canadian Party. im very sorry to be dropping out, but in reality, dont think you'll probably miss me. best of luck!
I am confident about our chances. Our opposition isn't much. We have the Blue Yoda Party, which has little support outside the Blue Yoda Society, the IAMS Party, and the CCCP Party, which is no threat at all, unless the board suddenly goes Commie. Right now, our biggest competition is the IAMS Party.
We are a party that caters to a minority: Canadians. It is my hope that we can get many votes from Canadians. Perhaps when the time comes, you can encourage your local fanforces to vote. In order to win, we will need many Canadians voting. That's most important. It is my hope that the other parties will split the vote, and we'll have enough Canadian votes to pull it off. Nevertheless, a platform is needed. Any suggestions?
Woohoo! We can do it!! Go Canada!
*prays no americans ask her to join their parties*
Take your pick. A social group that you've never been to (Blue Yoda), a party that's platform seems to be about dogs (IAMS) or a party that wants to make my Stalin sock a moderator (CCCP).
The fact that we cater to a minority is our greatest weakness, but if we play our cards right, it can be our greatest strength. There are an extraordinary amount of potential votes out there: people who would vote for us just because they're Canadian. The trick is getting those votes.
Last call, anyone else want to run ?
*gives full support to Chris aka AT60, as long as he doesn't say any crap about her real president! [face_glare]*
Well then, it's settled. I am the candidate for this party, and Kit is my running mate. Thank you for your support, everyone. It's time to plan our strategy for winning this thing. The other parties chose their leaders a few days ago, so we're a bit behind. We have to catch up.
One of the key parts to our planned campaign is getting the Canadian Fanforce chapters on our side. I would appreciate it if you would each post which chapter you belong to, so that we can determine which chapters we have an influence in. When the time comes, I will ask you to encourage the members of your chapters to vote.
ATLANTIC CANADA!! WOOHOO!!! WE ROCK!!
I have an announcement to make.
This party has agreed to an alliance with the H-FRIC party, which is based in Victoria. They have 21 members. Their platform is as follows:
- Randomness, in all its forms, for it is what makes life interesting.
- Liberalisation of Logging Laws, because in the words of Poster Boy Dave "Choppin'" Forster" there is "nothing like a good chop!!"
- Standing up for the little guy, the one who seems to always get trod over, making his views as equal as the personalities who run a monopoly on these boards.
- Mediation services for those who feel oppressed or unfairly dealt with my mods.
- More leeway for zany, incredibly confusing (this link is to the birthplace of Huggard and contains his philosophy), and cryptic posting styles, for they too, are what makes life interesting.
- Regulation of sig's outside the sig, such as those annoying half-witted one-liners highlighted and marked up under everyone's posts. Not stopping them, because quite frankly, they are great, but setting out a criteria that allows us to STOP the one's that make us post with icons without meaning it.
- More Practical Jokes, because really, do we ever get SICK of the Mods mucking around with the source code, or random bannnings, thread title and random post edits, or even new banners? They're great, and we need more to terrorise the newcomers who are likely also kids, in need of indoctrination, which is also great.
- More of a communal atmosphere, with the petition for a new source code, where a new user's bio or a new forum is randomly selected and presented as a link to people everytime they log on. It will be a spur for people to be adventurous and delve into new areas, and meet new people.
- All "I am loser" type thread's or variants thereof, are given their own forum or at least own thread, to stop the littering of YJCC with threads like "Never been kissed" and "why can't I get a girlfriend?".
- more policy announcements to continue...
The proposition that was made, which I accepted on behalf of the party, is as follows:
- All our campaigning be done against the other major parties, and not each other. When asked or it is appropriate, we profess a strong kinship with each others party, and try and paint ourselves as the good guys up against the evil empire of the big parties.
- Political strategems are communicated to each other, so we don't tread on each others turf.
- If it seems probably we are going to lose, the one with the least chance of winning agree's to throw all support behind the party with the best chance of winning.
- At this last moment, we may need to consider a merger to boost membership, but this is all hypothetical.
- Lastly, considering voting for yourself is probably prohibited, we each instruct each other's membership to vote for each other.
It is my hope that this alliance will help our party. Better to have allies then enemies. Together we can work to break down the Blue Yoda Party and the IAMS Party. And, on a personal note, I spent the last 11 years of my life in British Columbia. If we don't win, I would love to see them win.
I must stress that this is NOT a merger. The sovereignty of this party is not threatened.
Lol, you seem to be capable of running things AT60. I guess i will join your party.
Excellent, and thanks. Welcome aboard.