main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI So who will be the guests this time around?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Dingo, Jun 2, 2011.

1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Question:

If one of the "big guns" (you know who they are) were to appear at C6 for one signing day (say Saturday), would you be willing to stand on line all day for the chance to get their autograph/pic taken with them?

2. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    ^ Since this is a Celebration we're talking about, my answer is a resounding NO. Doing so would mean missing a multitude of panels & Q&A's that are far more deserving of my time & admission fee.

I'll only wait hours for an autograph at a smaller local convention, like Wizard World.

3. JohnnyRose

JohnnyRose Jedi Knight

Jun 2, 2011
    I'd have to agree. I've gotten enough autographs at Celebrations over the years that I'm kinda over the whole process. If I wanted one that bad, I would simply pay to have someone stand in line and have it autographed for me, like I did last year for Hamill and Fisher. I don't need to physically be in the same proximity of the actors so this service was perfect for me. I want to be able to experience as much as possible and waiting in line all day long is counter productive in my mind.

4. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Good question. I collect autographs and getting a picture of the actor signing the picture is important for me. Since the only actors who would have lines as long as your describing probably don't allow pictures being taken of them (since they probably have a Froggy deal and are behind the black curtains) I wouldn't wait in their line for the autograph. Although I would really like to get Harrison Ford's auotgraph and if it was available for less than the $550 or so dolllars Officalpix had it for this year I might have to suck it up and wait.

5. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Mark Hamill posted on his Twitter page that he will be at SDCC (but in what capacity he didn't mention).

Hope this bodes well for him returning back to O-Lando. :)

6. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    It's never about the autograph for me - it's the interaction that's worth standing in line for hours.

7. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah me too. It would be fine with me if they just had meet-and-greets without autographs.

8. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I want a panel of the people involved in the 3D conversion of the films. I can see that being a big draw to those who like the techie side.

9. Grog_StarKiller2

Grog_StarKiller2 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2007
    I would just like to see somebody new that has not been to any of the U.S. Celebrations. My list would include Ian Mcdermid, Ewan McGregor,Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christianson, Samuel L.Jackson, Frank Oz, James Earl Jones, Harrison Ford, Jimmy Smits. All or most of which I realize are Highly unlikely to show..But one can Dream...

10. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Hiya Justin [:D]

Oh, you know me! Abso-flippin-loot-ly!

11. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    Yeah, these guys!

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I would have really no interest in Natalie or Harrison Ford coming, or frankly even Ewan McGregor. I would want to meet people who appreciate the Star Wars films and recognize they were part of the biggest franchise in the history of filmmaking. If you can't understand that, you really aren't worthy to attend. I'm sick of the bad attitude that these people display, especially being in the film industry. I would kill to be the 2nd Unit Director even on a big film that forever is part of filmmaking history, that would be amazing. It would be like if I said, "Well I'm angry because I directed 10 movies myself, but all anyone wants to talk about is my 2nd Unit Director work on Star Wars!" Don't be angry, be glad that people care! It's wonderful to be part of something huge. I don't even dream of ever being part of a film that is 1/4 as successful as any Star Wars film, and I have pretty high ambitions. So it makes me a little angry when someone like Natalie wants to say "Star Wars fans are weird." As for Ford, get over it, people will remember you for Star Wars and Indy, talk about ungrateful.

The person I would love to meet the most who is also most likely to come to one of these EVENTUALLY is Samuel L. Jackson. The guy loves Star Wars, he IS a fan, he isn't a spoiled actor who just did Star Wars for the money or whatever. He loves the franchise and was absolutely excited to be part of it. He is also very, very hard working and I would assume often just too busy to commit to a Celebration honestly, but I think that he is the kind of guy who could make last-minute plans and show up at one of these. He would dig it, he would love to meet the fans, and he'd love to talk about Star Wars. I think what will happen one day is he'll be between movies, he'll get invited by the right people, and he'll say you know what? Sure, I have a few days, I'll go hang out at the Star Wars Celebration, that sounds fun, see what it's all about.

Hayden is a potential in the future, I believe, just the same as we have seen Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. The difference is, Carrie Fisher, while being kind of weird and inappropriate (especially last time), actually seems to be a pretty cool lady. I am sorry I don't get that impression of Natalie, though I love her to death as an actress, I just don't think she'd have much to say about Star Wars. Ewan is a great actor too, but the guy is a hypocrite, basically dissing blockbuster filmmaking, then joining the prequels, doing The Island, etc. Complaining about green screens. I'm sorry not interested at all in what he has to say. I love his work as well, and as a director it would be so great to work with him, but as a Star Wars fan no I'm not interested in seeing him.

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm thinking that Reed might have put the VIP packages on sale a year in advance so they could take some of that $140k+ money and offer it to one big name first-time celeb at a US Celebration (McDiarmid, Portman, etc.)

With a year's notice, they would have more wiggle room to possibly book a big celeb for that Saturday.

We shall see.

14. AricaBolts

AricaBolts Jedi Knight star 1

May 20, 2011

15. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Instead of trying to get Big name Guests like {Ford,Neeson,Mcgregor,Portman} "which will pretty much never happen anyway" I would love for them to try and get as many Star Wars actors and break a record for the most SW Actors at one convention.I would love to see like 75-100 SW Actors even if there just the 2nd tier ones like Barry Holland and Andy Secombe.Id like to see them separated by character also when there at their booths signing too.So they can have 7-8 Rebels in one section,then 7-8 Imperials in another,7-8 Bounty Hunters and 7-10 Clone Wars actors in there own area.That would be impressive.

16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    The Big Three, of course. :) Also, I'd like to see John Jackson Miller.

17. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    Seeing as I saw many guests in Europe cons by now (after 10 years of hunting) I am hoping for of course A-List people or nearly A-List (Morrisson, Beru, Owen, Achmed Best kind of supporting people), but I would love to meet the people behind the CW since they are never invited here in Europe. Same goes for authors and artists (just got Alan Dean Foster in a Dutch Convention and Vasquez and Martinez thanks to Jedi Con).

18. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    TIMOTHY ZAHN

Can you believe it? I am so excited. This is awesome!

19. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Tim's a sweet guy. Glad to see he's coming out. :)

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm not an EU participant, so I'm assuming the news of Tim Zahn appearing at CVI is a big deal?

21. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm not really an "EU participant" either, but Timothy Zahn is sort of the Grandfather of the EU. "Heir to the Empire" didn't just jumpstart the Expanded Universe, but marked a resurgence in STAR WARS across all media and in merchandise. He's the one author whose name I know, and those first books are the only books I read other than sourcebooks. Still, understandably, if one is not into the books, none of that really means anything. I kind of miss that uncertain and optimistic time of STAR WARS excitement in the early '90s.

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Even outside of Star Wars, his novels are great.

23. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Timothy Zahn would be an excellent guest. But I just looked at the SW Celebration page and didn't see any guests listed. Is there an announcement about him being a guest somewhere?

24. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

Aug 16, 2010
    Timothy Zahn announced it on his Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/TimothyZahn
    "To finally make it official: Anna and I *will* be attending Star Wars Celebration VI in Orlando this coming August. We'll also be at Dragon*Con the following weekend in Atlanta -- should be a tiring but *very* fun couple of weeks. (Though the cats probably won't speak to us when we finally get home...)

There are also a couple of other conventions being added to my schedule, but I'd prefer not to mention/post them until I get official confirmations from the relevant con committeds. Stay tuned for further details, and I'll hope to see some of you in August."

25. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Im so excited for Timothy Zahn, he is always so interactive on facebook, i would love to meet him in person