So who's a 'loyal fan'??

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I got this link from TF.N and after reading this article, well, I don't know what to say. This comment has me so steamed I'm seriously rethinking my 'loyalty' to Lucas and his Empire.

Hyperspace is really a way to talk to our most loyal fans, the fans who love Star Wars the most

To say that only the loyal fans are willing to shell out the money for a few little extras is complete BS. Who the hell is to say who loves Star Wars the most? Is Lucas saying that because I don't want to pay to visit his crappy website I'm not a true fan? Hmmmm, so I guess having read EVERY Star Wars novel published, having my entire apartment decorated with Star Wars memorabilia, owning 5 copies of the Original Trilogy just because the packaging is different, and spending hundreds of dollars this month just to 'get a peice of Lucas' table scraps' at SWW doesn't count? If this is how Lucas treats his 'loyal fans', by charging them to surf his POS crappy website, then I'm sure as heck glad I'm not a loyal frelling fan!

Now, I'm not going to be one of those fanatics that says they are going to give up Star Wars. I can't. It's become such a part of my life that to completely cut it off would be like losing a limb, and yes, I will probably spend countless amounts on trooper armor and cons and all of that good stuff, but I am, and always will be, a Jedi Knight loyal to the Star Wars Universe, the wonderful actors like Temuera Morrison and Peter Mayhew, and I am truly thankful for what SW has done to my life, but as far as I'm concerned, George Lucas can go frell a lightsaber.
  2. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    My loyalty never has belonged to Lucas and his money grubbing empire- and it never will. In fact, I would pay him not to direct this next movie. The only thing I like and respect about the guy is his vision of the Star Wars universe.
  3. Karma Jedi Knight

star 3
    I might pay him to direct it, but I'd pay him NOT to write it! ("I am haunted by the kiss you should never have given me...." BLECHHH!!!!)

I for one, see the StarWars-GeorgeLucas connection as a necessary evil, kinda like the Microsoft-Xbox connection.

star 4
    Hence the reason I love OSX and my PS2 :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.