main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Austin,TX so, who's psyched about celebration II

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Grendelbob, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    Trace and I are all set for the road trip...who else is going...

I'm also trying to make this forum a tad bit more active...

2. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Hey there Bob, we missed y'all at the last meeting. Anyway, you know I'm psyched! But ain't no way I'm driving to Indy! I just need to buy my plain ticket and I'm set. Have y'all reserved a hotel yet? And as far as the forum, yes, please people be more active here!

Big Chris

3. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm flying. Chris - what flight did you get? Bryan, Trace - between Chris and I we have 2 rooms at the Hyatt attached to the convention center. more people, the cheaper!

-Anne

p.s. Where were you guys? Would have been the biggest meeting ever if you were there....

4. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    well, we were both tied up with different things going on that weekend.

we will be driving up to Indy, and will be making all 3 days of the event.

I've also found that you can still nab a hotel within 5 miles of the convention center for nearly 1/3 the cost of the Hotels downtown. Even if you don't have a car, the last time I was there, you catch a Limo for 10 bucks to pretty much anywhere, or a cab for almost twice the cost.

5. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, there are still pleanty of hotel rooms in the area left, but nothing beats a skywalk. :) Like I said earlier, I have a huge room, and will be willing to share.

6. stormtroopertk370

stormtroopertk370 Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2001
    There is 5 of us from Texas, in the 501st going. I have a room at the Hyatt also, we are driving (3 of us) because we have 3 sets of armor each to pack in the truck. See you there. Come by and say hello. We will have a 501st table set up and also we (the 501st Stormtrooper Legion) will be doing the security at the doors. I am Tom Young, or Td370, so say hello. There should be around 250 stormtroopers there. Have fun.

Tom
    td370
    SG XO

sithlord2@usa.net

7. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    Anne, I seem to have found a cheaper flight that leaves around 9:50 AM, I will e-mail you with details!

Big Chris

8. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    WooHOO!!

Finally ordered my passes for celeb II

9. DarkJediPrincess

DarkJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    Long time no see. You probably don't even remember me. I attended a few meetings back in the summer, but I've been involved in two productions and just started working on a third.

However, I will be going to Celebration 2! Thrilled about it, in fact! My boyfriend and I are meeting there and will be staying at the Omni Sevrin.

Excalibur Faire will be taking up most of my time between now and the end of March, but I definitely want to touch base with you guys.

Monette Mueller

10. BigChris

Mar 11, 2000
    Hey thats cool! We are going to be staying at the Marriot Downtown.

Big Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.