main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA So whose buying the new DVDs?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Bith_Lord, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I keep flip flopping back and forth since I already have the original movies on video.

Howabout the rest of you lot?

2. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    yeah, eventually. although I still need ep III

-TJ

3. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    We are flip flopping also as have MANY versions of these movies. :)
    But the problem is they won't be available after Dec. 31st. So eventually comes sooner than you think. :) If you do buy them, who are you getting them from? Been checking out the stores that offer extra promo stuff with the sale.

4. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    I told myself that I was not going to buy them... now I'm thinking I'll just buy A New Hope because that's my favorite. I might go to Circuit City to get the little poster. All these promotions can make a collector crazy!

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I am having someone buy mine tomorrow. I want the originals on DVD anyway

6. TheFandomMenace

TheFandomMenace Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2006
    HAN SHOT FIRST!

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
  8. Enzerumo

Enzerumo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2005
    im waiting this week im going to buy Lego Star Wars 1 & 2
    @ comes out tomarrow

9. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    yea i'm getting em. i just need to find the time to get out to the store tomorrow after work.

10. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Well I just picked up the original. Two more to go and that may take time.

11. MASTER_JEDI_RN

MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Nope, not gonna spend the $$$.

Completely happy with the Widescreen DVD OT set from last year or so.

MJ

12. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I bought the New Hope today. Is the only one. ;) The story book was okay.

No the rest. I love the new versions besides I had the older versions in VHS. :)

13. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    VHS? What's that? Are those like video discs? Anyway, I got my trilogy at Best Buy. I'm going to use the collectible tin to store my SW pins and patches.

This is actually my second set of original versions on DVD. I have a four-disc set made from the laserdiscs back in '93, with commentary, interviews, behind-the-scenes footage, a music video, and stills. I also have a "pop-up video" version of ANH with outtakes and deleted scenes, as well as one where the lightsaber effects were made to look like the rest of the films where the lightsabers actually extend, rather than just appear, when activated. Even the radar dish was added to the Falcon in the docking bay!

14. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    Okay, I said I was only going to get ANH, and I did. But I thought the Circuit City lithograph was so cool I went back today and bought the rest. I just don't want to pay as much or maybe more for the lithos on e-bay as I would for just getting them with the dvds. Besides, I don't have the original movies in any format.

15. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    :p VHS. I have the new versions in DVD too.

Btw I don't know where I put my SW VHS. :(

I did not notice the radar dish.

I want also the toys. I don't have the classic action figures from the classic SW movies.

16. TheHouseofM

TheHouseofM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2006
    Nope I already gave Lucas my ATM pin number years ago he's gotten enough of my cash for the moment.

From what I've read we've got another set coming next year that's way better. I can wait until then or until I find these dirt cheap used (maybe not even then)

Also I read that the versions in France are far better transfers and "real" widescreen. these DVD's are the same exact version as the laserdisc. Why France got a better version I have no idea (or if it's true)

But I did buy Star Wars Lego II..and it rocks! Nothing like putting the slave outfit on chewie and ripping arms off storm troopers. Boo Yahh!!

17. TheHouseofM

TheHouseofM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2006
    Nope I already gave Lucas my ATM pin number years ago he's gotten enough of my cash for the moment.

From what I've read we've got another set coming next year that's way better. I can wait until then or until I find these dirt cheap used (maybe not even then)

Also I read that the versions in France are far better transfers and "real" widescreen. these DVD's are the same exact version as the laserdisc. Why France got a better version I have no idea (or if it's true)

But I did buy Star Wars Lego II..and it rocks! Nothing like putting the slave outfit on chewie and ripping arms off storm troopers. Boo Yahh!!

18. Enzerumo

Aug 3, 2005
    got lego SW2 OT the day it came out got all the chars except the ghost jedi
    Anikin-1,000,000 studs(this is sad he looks like he did in Ep.III)
    Ben Kenobi-1,100,000 studs
    and Yoda-1,200,000 studs

next highest out of all
    The Emporer-275,000 studs
    Boba Fett-175,000 studs
    IG-88-100,000 studs
    rest are between 10,000-90,000 studs ea.

other chars.
    Dengar-75,000 studs
    Bossk-70,000 studs
    4-LOM-45,000 studs

I need to get LSW1 for Xbox so I can do a new game+(import chars. from the first one)

19. MASTER_JEDI_RN

MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    So let?s see, we buy this version, then all that?s left to buy in the OT is:

-OT original version in HDDVD/Bluray
    -OT new version HDDVD/Bluray
    -OT original version in 3D
    -OT new version in 3D
    -Any other ?new? version in both formats
    -Then a compilation of all versions on the MEGA Ultimate Spectacular version

So that?s about it. Plenty of opportunities to purchase Star Wars in the near and not-so-near future.

Oops! Don?t forget about the Prequels! Jeesh! :oops:

MJ

20. Enzerumo

Aug 3, 2005
    My Bothan spies in Hollywood video are hooking me up with the rerelese of OT Standy thats holds the movies and my Spi(big SWfan already has a flier)in Gamecrazy hooked me up with the preoder now boxes of LSW2 and is getting me a Large Standy and over size poster of LSW2(might be able to use in the booth next time)

21. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I believe the words you're searching for are "Super Dragon Tiger Edition"...

22. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Hey TJ, we found a 4 foot stuffed Jar Jar for $20 box still in the box. Made us think of you. :)

Will fill you all in on more details of the exploration we did today and the possibility of a one time only trench run to Concord on 9/30. Found a stash of Star Wars stuff they want to unload but quickly. They are offering our group first buying rights. :) Will have more info at the meeting.

23. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
  24. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Got our 3 episodes the day they came out...course STILL have our BETA ones! LOL, let alone all the incarnations of the VHS ones. ;)

Actually my pride and joy is the ..um..copy... on BETA that was given to me a couple of weeks after Star Wars first came out...so grainy and bad it was "Is that Vader or a Stormtrooper?" LOL

25. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006

Must put 9/30 on the calendar. [face_shhh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.