main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So - Will You be Buying the BluRay DVDs?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 11, 2011.

1. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Got my set at Target on Friday. Unfortunately they were out of lithographs by the time I was able to get there but that's okay because the films look fantastic! I love the Collection on the Bonus Discs, not to mention the Boba Fett animated short from the Holiday Special, but I have to say the deleted scenes were downright disappointing. I know we were spoiled by the lightsaber construction scene back at CV but some of them just weren't worth putting in, like the old woman on Tatooine with no sound.

Deleted scene disappointment aside, this was a great buy! :)

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My replacement player seems to be working OK. I watched TPM yesterday and was pretty impressed - it looks great! I drooled over the Coruscant scenery..

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    TPM looks amazing all-around, especially the new Yoda. In fact, the only problem I have with any of the films is the fact that certain CGI elements don't hold up very well in HD, specifically the CGI ANH editions and the Cloud Car fly-through in TESB.

One thing I really like is the design of the new menus. They're simple but effective, and I love the montage of film clips playing to classic SW music. :)

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Watched AOTC today and was very impressed with the Coruscant scenes, especially Obi-Wan on the flying droid and the speeder chase.

5. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Laj, did you skip watching ROTJ or just skip posting about it? :p

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Skipped posting about it. It's my least favorite of the six. (Boba Fett's header into the Sarlacc Pit has a lot to do with that.)

I have yet to watch RoTS and the bonus discs - maybe this weekend if the weather is bad.

7. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I watched the first 3 and are going to watch ANH tomorrow night.

8. AricaBolts

AricaBolts Jedi Knight star 1

May 20, 2011
    YES! I want them so bad, but I don't have a player so i think i'll wait until the price comes down a little and buy the entire set. (maybe in febuary-ish when all the die hards have already gotten it and the stores trying to get rid of them... lol.)

Arica.

9. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    Yeah I'm buying the Blu Ray Star Wars only for the bonus features for the deleted scenes. I still prefer the 1995-1997 Special Edition VSH tapes along with the 2004 Original Trilogy DVD set

10. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Bought boot-leg dvds made from old laser-discs at a popular online auction site.
    Might buy the factory version, if they would just make it clear which set was which.

As for the Blue-rays... Nope.
    Might get them from netflix, but buying it?

What they should make is the Complete version disc, so you can have each version of the movie on the same disc/same box.

Also be neat to have that with Highlander2--I know of at least 4 versions of that movie, but NONE of them is complete.

11. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    BladeRunner did a multiple DVD set with the souped up Ultimate cut, the original cut, the Directors Cut and even a workprint.
    You know Star Wars fans would be all over that, maybe George is saving that for a rainy day

With all the changes couldn't Lucas have given us a rocket firing sound, or a glimpse of a grappling rope popping out as they left? :p

12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Nope, no player. And truthfully, no real interest. The only things I'm interested in are the Special Features.

13. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    no because lucas didn't want boba fett to survive. why do you think the sarlacc burped. plus boba was a total wuss in rotj look at him screaming like a little girl when his jetpack malfunctioned. i for one believe he didn't survive. and don't give me all that crap about the eu. if he couldn't even take on luke how they heck could he take on an experienced jedi. jango, now he actually was bad*** in the movie. he stood toe to toe with obi wan and actually killed someone.