main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series So with Season 3 over and done with, how did it match your predictions based on the trailer?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Oh, and TCW, one more thing:

As a result of Mortis, almost every day I find myself having to debunk the attempt to rewrite "balance of the Force" into "balance of the Force-using organizations".

Thanks for that. :rolleyes:

2. Claws_Bane

Claws_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2011
    [face_mischief]

3. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Mind telling me what you were smoking when you watch this episode cause I think it would a lot of us out. jk

I thought the Mando duology was going to be political with action, just didn't realize it would be that bad. Take those episodes away an I think a lot of people would have a better opinion of the series.

Also i thought the Kamino battle would be like 3 episodes. It was way too rushed. If only there were two episodes that this season could have gotten rid of and replaced them with.

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    The Season 3 trailer was so well done that it likely raised my expectations to unrealistic heights. After Corruption and Pursuit of Peace, I really was in doubts about what the rest of the season would bring. But then the 2nd half utterly blew me away (perhaps because my expectations had then been lowered). So maybe the real lesson for TCW is under-promise and over-deliver. Show really crappy, awful trailers so that everyone's expectations are pretty low. LOL.

When the trailer showed Ahsoka walking through a swamp, my prediction of her having a premonition about Yoda (and possibly Luke) on Dagobah was completely WRONG! What was the meaning of that swamp-like place anyhow?

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I have a lot of issues with ARC Troopers, but season three lacked battles such as what was presented in that episode. I haven't seen that Jar Jar episode so I can't speak for what happened, but I know it shows the origins of the Battle of Ryloth.

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    While I enjoyed many episodes, I do have to admit the season was something of a disappointment.

I mean, man they make good trailers...

7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Trailers can be deceiving, any trailer to be honest. :p

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I also thought it would be Dagobah... maybe it has meaning after all- just revealed later.....but i doubt it now.... maybe just maybe.....

Perhaps they should do only trailers[face_laugh] they are good in that one.... they obviously know that- since it's two days since season3 ended and already they made two trailers of season4.... wow if they continue with that pace they have one trailer per one day[face_laugh] a lot of spoilers that is....

9. Claws_Bane

Mar 31, 2011
    We saw some saga characters in here: Tarkin, Tarrful,Chewie, JO-NO droid, and Lama Su.

10. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Last two seasons? Haven't we established several times that we should be expecting at least seven or eight seasons? Especially since Dave recently confirmed at least a total of one-hundred more episodes... which means a total of at least 166 episodes...

...this series is continuing indefinitely.

11. Claws_Bane

Mar 31, 2011
    But each season has 22 episodes, so by the end of Season 3 there was a total of 66 episodes, so it would have to be half way in Season 5 since Season 4 will start the next 88 episodes.

12. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Sorry, but I'm not following. When you round out the numbers you have about 8 seasons with 166 episodes...

13. Claws_Bane

Mar 31, 2011
    Well, you can just multiply 8 by 22n and you get 176, so he might make the many seasons, I hope!

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Based on the trailers, I thought this season would be way better than it was. Don't get me wrong, I think the best episodes so far have been from this season, but they've been spread out across a largely mediocre season IMO. I loved the Mortis arc most of all, with the first two episodes and the Savage arc also being good. The finale was good, but not as good as I had hoped for a finale, and I don't think the Citadel arc needed three episodes.

Enemies on both sides was surprising decent IMO, but other than that no episodes really stand out as being great to me.

15. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Not sure. I hated Opress from the moment I first saw him in the trailer. I had much bigger expectations for Delta Squad, etc. Not sure what was in which trailer, actually.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Don't hate a guy that would **** your **** up if he heard you say it.

Is it because his conception was purely to market another product? In that sense I'd agree with you, but taken purely from a character perspective, I like him enough. He's like a Star Wars Dolph Lundgren, except he can act.

EDIT - Language censored. Curse words must be fully asterisked. - Gry

17. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I think it's a bit unfair to judge what the season might be based off the trailers because Lucasfilm has always made unbelievable trailers, not to mention it doesn't hurt having them mixed with John Williams' music. The Season 3 Mega Trailer was amazing though and overall Season 3 was disappointing personally..but...

The last half of the season, in particularly the last 5 episodes I absolutely adored. I enjoyed the Nightsisters and Mortis trilogies but the last 5 episodes(besides Clone Cadets, ARC Troopers, Hunt for Ziro) were really the standouts of this season for me.

This season they just got too away from the Clone Wars. Yes were going to get political type episodes, boring Padme adventures and some different types of stories GL wants to tell but they just got too off track this season. Seriously 2 episodes about boring stuff on Mandalore that no one cares about? In reality we had 3 Clone Wars battles this season. Kamino, General Di's and Captain Keeli's last stand on Ryloth and the 30 second battle on Devaron. I'm not counting the Citadel arc as a Clone War battle.

Overall I did enjoy the season because it's Star Wars but it could of been so much better.

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    What about the battle of Felucia at the beginning of Padawan Lost? Does that count?

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. Claws_Bane

Mar 31, 2011
    Well, they want us to get really hooked into Season 4. Season 3 had some deleted scenes: like in Nightsisters, in the trailer, Asajj said "We have the Jedi right where we want them."

20. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Ah touche. Forgot about that. Make that 4. :p

It appears cadbanerocks21 is back. Yippie.

21. Claws_Bane

Mar 31, 2011
    who's cadbanerocks21?

22. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    The first half was a lot more underwhelming than I had expected. It had its highlights to be sure, but many of the low points (Sphere of Influence, Corruption, The Academy, Pursuit of Freakin' Peace) really made it sag. I thought that the second half was brilliant, though. So that second half trailer certainly lived up to expectations. The show got (literally) darker.

23. Claws_Bane

Mar 31, 2011
    I still don't know who cadbanerocks21 is?

The political episodes are the worst in Season 3. How many times have Padm'e and Anakin actually have been in the season together? Only Sphere of Influence, Assassin, Evil Plans, and that is all because after Pursuit of Peace she was gone.

24. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    Season three was such a disappointment for me, but based on the trailer, I didn't really expect much. The trailers seem to echo my feelings towards the seasons.

After watching the film and seeing the season one trailer, I was excited for the season to premiere. Based on the trailer, I thought season one was great.

When the season two trailer came out, I remember being super pumped for it. I rewatched that season two trailer so many times, lol. Season two was just so enjoyable and the trailer showed that well.

Then, when they revealed the season three trailer, I was pretty much like, "Oh...okay. Might be cool." And my apathy towards the season three trailer carried over to the season itself. I find history repeating itself with the season four trailer.

But I'll keep watching for a lack of anything else to watch on Friday nights. [face_laugh]

25. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    I know. The point is this show is going to continue indefinitely and is not stopping at Season 5:

Season 1
    Season 2
    Season 3
    Season 4*
    Season 5
    Season 6
    Season 7
    Season 8
    Season 9

^^ Just looking at that list shows how much longer this series is going to continue for ^^^

... however they need to get to a point where they need to place the End Game... they need to land the bird whilst its hot...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.