main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq So, you think you know me, eh?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Same here buddy, sorry to hear the news. Let me know if my wife and I can help with anything.

2. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I am so sorry Joseph....My condolences to you and your family.

3. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Wow, Jango, what an awesome guy, I'm sorry for your loss. We are here for you, bud!

4. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Sorry to hear about yur grandfather...he sounded like an amazing person. *hugs*

5. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Jango,

Your loss has me tearing up here, and I DON'T DO THAT. I was 25 years old when my grandfather passed away. He was my first employer and my best friend. I was devastated when we lost him because it was so unexpected. I've come to realize over the years that he really is still with me. He is in my heart and my head, in my blood, in my actions, and even in a lot of my mannerisms and character traits (the good ones, not the flaws). I still miss his physical presence very much, even though he's been gone for 18 years. But I mean he really is still with me. It's almost like he talks to me. I don't know, it's difficult to describe.

From what you've shared about your (gran)dad, I know he was an awesome person and an unstoppable force in your life. Walk in his shoes, man. Just walk in his shoes. He'll be proud of you.

Are the services going to be here locally? Could some of us come and be there for you?

-propgeek

6. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Jango,
    I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. My deepest condolences.

7. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Thanks for all the input again! You guys have been there for me but tonight, it was nice to go and find #48-50. That toy run really helped me and it is one that I will remember for a long time. Out of all times to find #50...............tonight? The timming on that is crazy because #50 is the figure that I wanted the most out of all and I found it. I was told that today was the shipment of the krispy kreme Anakin and I have known for about a week. The timming could not have been right.

You guys are too cool and I hope to be your friend for a long time!

I'll be at the meeting on sunday.

8. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    Okay, since the vibe is sad in this thread, lets pep it up again!

I worked at victoria's secret under the table a couple of years back. I hated it too!

9. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    Dude, how could working under the table of a Victoria Secret be bad.....:)

You got paid for that? BTW, I know what you mean....

10. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    My mom worked there over the holidays and stuck around for a while. When the summer came the Semi Annual sale also came and they needed more help to set up and stock. My mom knew the boss too well so she gave me the job. All I did was fill in my hours under her name so it worked out fine. I hated it becuase of the stocking and stuff. Open a box of over 500 pairs of underwear and sort them by color, size and style. It sucks!

11. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    The young ! You could of helped the ladies pick out there underwear. then tell them how nice they looked and have them try on another pair. and so, so forth etc etc.

12. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    I saw my fair share of unclothed women there. The backroom door was right near the dressing rooms so I saw some of that and some women asked "you are a guy, what do you think?" That kind of stuff was not uncommon.

13. Bloodclaw65

Nov 3, 2004
    ;) you the man.

14. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    Crazy times. Bought my Randy Rhoads (RX10-D) Jackson guitar with that money!

15. Bloodclaw65

Nov 3, 2004
    money well spent.

16. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
  17. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    Dude, I have a whole new respect for you.....=D=

18. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    Thank you!:D

19. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    that is pretty funny jango...

* I saw Top Secret the night it came out when I was 9 years old.

* I can still tell you how to go from my first house in New Jersey to the town pool.

* I dived from the high dive (head first) only one time, I think thats when I started being scared of heights

* I fell out of a 25' tree and walked away with only a few scratches but broke my nehibors leg when he tried to catch me.

* I knew how to swim before I could walk

20. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I taught myself to read before I went to school.

I don't remember much history, but I can recite more lines from songs and movies than I care to.

During a rain delay of the Triple A Allstar Game at Duke Stadium I ran onto the field and slid across the tarp and ran out to a standing ovation.

I never had a 10, but one night I had five 2's. And thats an accomplishment in my book.

21. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    SithLordAaron wrote:

"I taught myself to read before I went to school. "

That is quite an acommplishment. Did you get to skip any grades in school or just breeze through classes?

22. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    OK,

So you think you know me, eh? I posted on the welcome thread about being "bussed" back in the early 70's from a mixed racial school to a previously all-black school. Made the NBC nightly news. What I didn't tell you was that I took the bus to my new school right in front of Graceland... everyday! For two years. Of course, at the time, Elvis was just a has-been junkie and hadn't yet entered sainthood or godhood quite yet. When He died in '73, some of us were like, "OK, finally." I know, that sounds like blasphemy today. Memphis is a mean little old demi-southern town. Glad I made it to ABQ!!!!

-propgeek1701

23. FlirtationOfficer

FlirtationOfficer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2005
    That is how I remember the first time I saw Star Wars we came out of the theatre and the music store said Elvis died. August 16th 1977

24. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I love elvis! wook got me a pen from there last time she went! and my brother dog peed on the wall outside the house.

25. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I didn't skip any grades. I was just the only kid in kindergarten who could read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.