main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH So....

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by GeekGoddess, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Nope, he phrased it that they decided to save money by restructuring the company and were delegating out my duties, and were doing away with my position. Now to whom they were delegating my duties is a mystery to me, because no one there has any accounting experience, and even my assistant said she's not capable of doing my job. Ahh.. if only I could live off an unemployment check.... I could use a 6 month vacation.

2. Z28Jerry

Z28Jerry Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2004
    I have experience in such matters, Greek. Can you pm me any details about the specific infraction your claiming your employer made? Should be open and shut (all of these payroll cases are) and the penalties for him will be stiff, on the other hand you will not see any appreciable sum of money from the complaint unless you claim damages in another court system (which will be tore up pretty good from my experience) however, you can usually get the ex-employer to settle before you goto "court" and probably get a few thousand, but that's it. The EEOC usually handles the negotiations for this type of thing with very good and consistent results.

Do you have a lawyer that specializes in employment law?

3. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    gahhh

so I've been incommunicado even more. . . :: hides::

Kk so for the updates:

End of October early November, went in for an interview after a lead from one of my professors (adjunct who worked at the company) And got offered the Job on the spot. Kinda felt weird knowing that I read fanfics through parts of his class. . . [face_blush]

That was early November. Then I had to get all that together, and actually finish out my senior quarter at UC. Went well. . . the grad course was a breeze and would have been better were it not for this case of the Idonnawanna's that hit right when everything was due.

Right after my final exam, Menath and I went to the Festival of lights. And as of early December, I've had every right and privileged reason to be planning our Wedding May 09.

I started at HP downtown In January. It was good that I left the old job, much more room for growth, personal and professional.

I've been out of state a few times for training and just completed a move to a new apartment.

>.< life's been busy. . . and I'm sorry I've been absent.

4. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Good to hear all is going well though, enjoy the wedding/job/appartment, just don't let any of it frustrate you.

5. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    yeah, don't sweat the small stuff.

it's good to know you're still around [face_peace]

we're all rooting for you. =D=

6. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Your'e doing the best you can. Your'e in my prayers and let me know if there is anything needed.

7. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    ;) I've been doin ok, it's just that I let a lot of my fandom stuff slip, so I'm catching up on my fan fiction . . . at least what I was reading, but I think I've stopped on the books. .. and that is kinda sad that I'm not up to date. . . but... meh the books stopped appealing to me a while ago. . .

My personal reading has suffered too. . . I've been trying to read stuff for either school or work so I felt bad if I was reading something else. trying to balance that out and get stuff off the currently reading list :D

Thanks Guys! it's good to be back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.