main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Soc]The New Buffy/Angel Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi_Pilot, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Since the author of the previous discussion thread has deleted it for personal reasons, I felt it appropriate to start this thread so we can continue our discussions. Since this will be a continuation of the previous thread, immediately following in this post will be synopsis of the last new episodes televised of both BtVS and AtS. The previous author wanted to keep the discussion on page 1 of the forum until the finale of BtVS, I see no reason not to continue doing that.

Reviews from aintitcoolnews.com

Buffy 7.16 FAQ
    What?s it called?
    ?Storyteller.?

Who?s responsible?
    Teleplay is credited to Jane Espenson (?First Date?).

What does TV Guide say?
    ?Andrew (Tom Lenk) irritates the Scoobies by filming their activities for a documentary on Buffy as Sunnydale High is rocked by a sudden outbreak of student violence; Xander and Anya reconsider their relationship. Crying Girl: Corin Amber Norton. Stressed-Out Boy: Alan Loayza. Feral Teen: T.W. Leshner. Jonathan: Danny Strong. Warren: Adam Busch.?

Does Andrew irritate all the Scoobies or just Buffy?
    Just Buffy.

Is it safe to assume Dawnie needs rescuing from the growing student violence?
    Sort of. ?Amanda, Dawn,? orders Buffy, ?you're gonna stay home from school today.?

Xander and Anya have exhibited a great horniness during the last two episodes. Is there ?ex sex??
    Yes. ?It felt, um, it felt like a one-more-time. I think maybe we're really over. Which is - it's good, right? I mean, we, now we can move on.?

The other Nerds of Doom are back?
    Yes, but not via Morphy. There are flashbacks, and many amusing Andrew fantasies!

Any news on the ?potential guy? front?
    Kennedy clearly isn?t as freaked out about the spooky side of Willow. There is much lesbianic making-out.

Are there even more potentials this week?
    Maybe. The only speaking slayerettes we see this week are Kennedy, Amanda and Rona. Two or three silent potentials are also glimpsed.

Does Wood stake Spike?
    There is motive and almost an opportunity. Wood finds himself with stake in hand, and Spike?s back turned.

Have Willow and Kennedy progressed beyond smoochage?
    There?s no real evidence.

Is Giles off collecting more potentials?
    Giles? absence this week is just as mysterious as his absence last week.

Does Herc think there will be a spinoff next season starring Eliza Dushku as Faith?
    No. He believes Team Whedon will be shopping another kind of ?Buffy? spinoff this spring.

What?s good?
    Andrew generally, and the peeks into his rich fantasy life in particular. (What is, was and could have been look very difference through his eyes.) ?We are as goddddds!? ?In my plan, we are beltless!? Buffy?s efficiency (and frustration) as she puts out the fires at school, her actions so evocative of ?Life Serial.? And, speaking of past episodes, there a nifty - if fleeting - homage to season one?s ?Out of Mind, Out of Sight.?

What?s not so good?
    This is a comic episode, but I think ?First Date? might have been a little funnier.

How does it end, spoiler-boy?
    ?There's a big fight coming, and I don't know what's gonna happen. I don't even think I'm gonna live through it. That's, uh, probably the way it should be. I guess I..."

Herc?s rating for ?Buffy the Vampire Slayer? 7.16?
    ***1/2

Eliza! Eliza! Eliza! Eliza!
    Buffy?s not the only one who's back! God bless Faith the Vampire Slayer! And God bless the United States of America!!!! Welcome the latest Coaxial News superstar, Branwen:
    Angel 4.13 FAQ
    What's it called?
    "Salvage."

Who's responsible?
    Teleplay is credited to David Fury ("Awakening," "The House Always Wins").

What does TV Guide say?
    Eliza Dushku returns to the series as rogue vampire slayer Faith, who may prove to be the only match for Angelus (David Boreanaz). Angel's evil alter ego, who's out of his cage and pursuing the Beast, hits a pool hall packed with vamps to see if he can determine the demon's hideout. Meanwhile, at the hotel, Wes (Alexis Denisof) goes about the grisly task of dispatching Lilah's corpse, as Lorne, Fred and Gunn gather

2. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I hope the Beast didnt hurt Faith too much. Guess we'll find out in two days. SMG is on the cover of EW. Its a great interview, and the pictures are awesome.

3. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Nah! Faith is fine. One of the nice things about slayers is that they heal really quick.

4. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Yeah, but from the previews I've read of this weeks episode she got pounded really good. Even for a Slayer. [face_shocked]

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    that particular issue of EW would be a nice addition to an rmff care package (ahem) lol.

anyway, I am going to go nuts when I get back w/ so many things to catch up on (buffy, 24, angel, books, magazines, movies, especially movies!!!)...

6. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    If you pm your addy, JD, I'd be more than happy to send you a copy. A little light reading, and the pictures are grrrrrreat!!

7. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

from aintitcool.com

Learn Who Plays BUFFY?s Last Big Bad!!

Over the weekend, ?Buffy the Vampire Slayer? mastermind Joss Whedon confirmed the actor playing the First Evil?s menacing chief lieutenant in the series? final five episodes. And it?s not hip-hop sensation Sisqo.
    It?s actor Nathan Fillion, who also plays Serenity captain Mal Reynolds on Fox?s ?Firefly? (another geniusy and soon-to-end Whedon creation).
    Fillion will play Caleb, said to be a superpowered (and very tangible) fallen preacher ? and the liaison between Morphy and the ?bringers.? Caleb is expected to bring lasting, lasting damage to the ranks of the supersized Scooby squad.
    There?s some symmetry to the casting of Fillion, as ?Firefly? co-star Gina Torres is said to have been cast as the season?s biggest bad over on the WB's Buffyverse spinoff ?Angel.?

8. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    jenn: you got pm :)

9. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    22 hours and counting. :D

10. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    13 hours ten minutes and counting

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    12 hours, 9 mins and counting.

12. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    6 minutes!!! :)

13. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003

AAAACCCKKKK!!!!!!!!!

14. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Andy in the credits!!! Finally!

Looks like Willow's coming in strong next week.

15. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Jeez, Faith gets her butt kicked twice! [face_shocked]

Also very interesting that the sanctuary spell stops Conner.

I want my Cordy! ESC is really annoying me. Nice voice though. :D

16. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003

I wonder... did the Sanctuary spell work on Conner because there is something different about him, or because ESC did something to make it do that as part of her evil scheme to manipulate him? (Or maybe it's like anaogous to when Buffy came back in season 6... he's just slightly different enough that the spell didn't register him as a normal human?)

Wesley is starting to scare me a bit...

OW, just a reminder: I happened to know that particular spoiler, but not all of us watch the previews. I usually try not to know stuff ahead of time. :)

17. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    I always watch the next weeks preview. 8-}

I would think that it is certainly Conner. Considering that his parents were both vampires. Of course this brings up the question of just what is he if not human?

18. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I really enjoyed this one. Its breakin me heart to see Faith keep getting the crap beat out of her.

Loved the shower scene. Very powerful.

I'm not at all disturbed by young mr wyndham-price. His technique worked, after all. I've always thought Giles coddled B way too much. Faith needs a stronger hand. The watchers technique should fit the temperance of the slayer, IMO.

Its sooooooo funny seeing Angelus running around like hes crazy. It makes him seem less mythic.

Connor must be part demon like Cordy or even the slayers. Thats all I can think of. Maybe thats why ESC wanted to breed with him. You can totally see her screwing with his mind. Thats gonna be a huge mess for someone else to clean up later.

Cant wait for next week.

Oh...so hoping Fred and Gunn dont get back together. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Dont really think she deserves Wes, either tho. Get thee to a nunnery, O distracting bespectacled one!!

19. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Faith is obviously still dealing with her demons. Both her losing it in the shower and then her unwillingness to press the interrigation of the girl shows that she is uncertain as to her own abillity to keep her darker impulses in check. Yet at the end during her fight with Angelus she is able to utilize those impulses until the very end.

Angelus is definately more fun than Angel. I think when they bring Angel back he should have a little less of the brooding angst thing. :D

Wes definately shocked Faith with his willingness to hurt another to get what he wanted. I don't think she is use to someone else being willing to use more violence than she does. However it is certainly in character for Wesley at the current time.

ESC is absolutly using Conner. Whatever is going on with her pregnacy, she doesn't want anyone to know about it, including Angelus. Perhaps it would give a clue as to what she actually is? So she will use Connor to keep tabs the gang. Although it looks like her secret may be out next week when she encounters Willow.

20. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    ESC told Connor that the others would want to kill the baby b/c its growing so fast. Maybe thats how they'll resolve it quickly. That doesnt really bode well either. ESC is balanced on the edge of a knife. She knows that its only a matter of time before everybody figures out whats going on and trys to stop her. Everything shes done so far, has seemed like a stall tactic. Her priority seems to be protecting her huge secret...that spawn shes carrying.

I hope Will kicks her butt to kingdom come.

21. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
  22. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    No! not page 2! [face_shocked]

It sounded like ESC and Willow are going to have an encounter next week and it's anybodys guess as to who wins.

23. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    GLORY: So start talkin'.
    SPIKE: Yeah. Okay. The key. Here's the thing...

SPIKE: It's that guy... on TV ... what's his name?
    GLORY: On the television?
    SPIKE: That show ... the prize show ... where they guess what stuff cost?
    MURK: The Price Is Right?
    JINX: Oh, Bob Barker!
    MURK: We will bring you Bob Barker! We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Bark-
    GLORY: It is not Bob Barker, scabby morons! The key is new to this world ... and Bob Barker is as old as grit. The vampire ... is lying to me.
    SPIKE: Yeah ... but it was fun. And guess what, b****. I'm not telling you jack. You're never gonna get your sodding key, 'cause you might be strong, but in our world, you're an idiot.
    GLORY: I am a god.
    SPIKE: The god of what, bad home perms?
    GLORY: Shut up! I command you, shut up!
    SPIKE: Yeah, okay, sorry, but I just had no idea that gods were such prancing lightweights. Mark my words, the Slayer ... is going to kick your skanky, lopsided ass back to whatever place would take a cheap, whorish, fashion victim ex-god like you.

24. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    OLAF
    Aud! Sweet, beautiful Aud! I am so hungry, I could eat a small child!

ANYA
    Olaf! Are you injured? You smell of blood and musk.

OLAF
    Fear not! It takes more than a band of minor trolls to bring down the mighty Olaf!

ANYA
    Trolls!

OLAF
    Oh! They are wretched creatures indeed. The mere thought of them makes me bend at the knee and flex! (does a muscleman pose)

ANYA
    Sweetheart, please sit down. Allow me to tend to you.

OLAF
    I am fine. Really. I could go for some mead, though.

ANYA
    Certainly.

OLAF
    (looking around the room) Is it my imagination, or do we have substantially more rabbits in this house today?

ANYA
    Oh, they breed so quickly that it's?

OLAF
    All this talk of breeding... it makes me want to breed!

ANYA
    Honey, of course. But here?drink your mead first.

OLAF
    Ah, yes. Mead.

ANYA
    The rapid reproductive rate of our rabbits...has given me an idea. I can give the excess out to the townspeople, exchanging them not for goods or services, but for goodwill and the sense of accomplishment that stems from selflessly giving of yourself to others.

OLAF
    Ha, ha, ha! Sweet Aud! Your logic is insane and happenstance, like that of a troll. It is no wonder that the bar matrons talk of you.

ANYA
    You've been to the bar...

OLAF
    (sighs) It is not my fault they don't take kindly to you. You speak your mind, and are annoying. It's one of the things I love most about you.

ANYA
    Was Rannveig there?

OLAF
    Bah! I've told you a thousand times; I have no interest in this Rannveig. Her hips are large and load bearing, like a Baltic woman. Your hips are narrow, like a Baltic woman from a slightly more arid region. You are my perfect Aud. I could never want for another.

ANYA
    I am sorry. I simply love you so much...I feel as though I could burst at times...I could not live without you.

OLAF
    Fear not, sweet Aud, you will always be my beautiful girl

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I love days off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.