main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Soc]The New Buffy/Angel Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi_Pilot, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Yep, and right now we're about two thirds of the way through season seven.

Angel is currently in season four, but only season 1 is out on DVD.

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, I'm sure someone has them for me to borrow and catch up right?

3. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Talk to O_W, he's got them all.

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Zoo, I also have them all, and you're more than welcome to borrow them. The shows will make a LOT more sense (and be more fun to watch) if you start from the beginning!

5. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003

Well, it seems that despite doing the super-internet thing, I'm fated to watch Angel tomorrow with the rest of you. Last night I tried the program OW found for me, but alas, it had some sort of error messages: "Some marker is missing". Informative, ne? Guess the files were missing some info. It was able to burn anyway, but my player didn't even recognize the disc when I tried to load it. At this point, despite the investment of lots of d/led files, I'm going to just wait and watch the episode when it airs.

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Sorry that didn't work, if it wasn't going to be on tomorrow, i'd take a shot at downloading them myself.

One note, here was the letter Jabara got from that wb2 guy:

Bryon,

Thank you for your interest in WB2. We have worked with the WB network to
    rebroadcast the episode on Sunday evening (march 23rd) at 8p.

Enjoy the show-

Derek Dalton
    VP/General Manager

Now the decision to reair the show was done at the WB level, primarily because in New York City they got to see the 1st 55 minutes, only the last 5 were cut off (and you thought it was frustrating for us!!!) the local guy here had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

It's not like a couple of months ago when our local area had a problem with the UPN signal of a Buffy episode not going through properly to cable and satellite. The local UPN station reaired it on their programming time, not during "network" time.

This is a network programming change, I like his "we have worked with the WB" line, obviously not someone to be trusted in the future.

7. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Do not read the episode listing for this weeks Angel on TVGuide!

I went to tvguide.com just to confirm the reairing tomorrow night, when I read the syopsis, it contained a MAJOR SPOILER for the episode.

I know by my own standards written previously, this is not a spoiler, the important thing is I regretted reading it before the episode.

8. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    I would think that is the basic definition of a spoiler, something that you wish you hadn't seen/read before the show aired.

9. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    So looking forward to Angel tomorrow. I was sad that I didnt get to see it on Wednesday, but when I found out no one else saw it either, I felt a little better. :D

Now we all get to see it. All is well in the world.

10. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Finally, the soul is back! :)

Though ESC is still hiding her true colors for the most part. :mad:

Definetely an interesting magic battle though. It shows just how much power Willow actually has.
    Though ESC's power seems to still be growing, since she made a comment that it would be different if it were a few weeks later. That brings me back to my thought that it's her baby that is affecting her behavior in the same way that Conner affected Darla.

It's getting very interesting.

11. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I actually have a theory about the baby, i'm hesitant to post it because if I turn out to be right, it would spoil it big time.

12. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Goodness Gracious Sakes Alive.

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Hey, all it looks like Buffy is new tonight :D

14. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I made it through the first disk of the first season today. I liked them all but Teacher's Pet. It started out great, but fizzled out less than 1/2 way through

15. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    I think in that one they were still trying to figure out what Xander's role was going be. So he got to be the guy in distress a lot, usually involving demons of the female persuasion. :D

16. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    I am coming out of self imposed exile to just say this

SPIKE RULES!!!!!!!!! I LOVE SPIKE!!!!!
    even William the bloody awful poet

and last but not least

OMG [face_shocked] his mum was evil like Angelus but not cool evil. there is a difference.

toodles

see ya again on the last episode night

17. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    I love episodes where we get to see Spike's past, particularly when he first became a vampire. :cool:

It seems interesting that Spike is far less of a demon than most other vampires. He turns, but yet is still concerned about his mother while his mother turns and can only ridicule him.

Spike also has some very interesting comments on being a Slayer, that they are always more concerned with their calling than for those around them.

Of course you have to love Giles' comment on the new library. [face_laugh]

18. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Angel note:

The WB listed 6 shows as being renewed for next year, Angel was not on it.

It's not the final list, a WB final decision won't come until May.

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    The following was forwarded to one of my other MLs, and I unfortunately don't have the reference info to know where it came from. As such, I'd put it in the rumor rather than confirmed category.

"Superman: 'Jill Millionaire' is back and helps clear up what's going on with all the mess: "This project is still very much a go-picture. There should be a new director within days. It's been known that Brett was leaving the picture for quite a while, so other directors have been on stand-by per se.
    The problem between the studio and Brett was that Brett likened a young actor named Matthew Bomer for the role, believing an unknown might work. Unfortunately, the studio didn't see this way and were determined to cast Brendan Fraser in the role. At the end of the day, it was an nwinnable fight - and both parties caved in. Another actor was bought in named David Boreanaz, who stars in television's "Angel". Both quite liked David, and believing that his series mightn't be coming back for another season - was eager to do it. But at the 11th hour, word was through that his series would be continuing and he wouldn't have time to do the film. There are rumours that they liked David though, so are considering him for the next "Batman" movie which "Memento" genius, Chris Nolan is doing. An official announcement should be through on that shortly. As it stands there are a couple of contenders, a young man named Henry Cavill is in talks this week, and seems to be going well there. Unfortunately it's not certain whether Anthony Hopkins will play the role of Jor El, he was merely doing that as a favour to Brett, and with Brett not involved it's all a bit up in the air"."

So, not confirmation at all since we don't know where it came from, but this implies that at some level, they have reason to believe Angel will be renewed.

Or, the article could be totally bogus. ^^;;

20. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    92 minutes to the next Angel. :D

21. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Someone on the fanfilms board showed me this...have you guys seen Fluffy the English Vampire Slayer?! LOL!

I'm beginning to wonder if this is actually a Star Wars fan group. I think it's actually a secret plot to convert EVERYONE to Buffy fans, lol! Every board I go to now seems to have a dedicated Buffy thread! Minnesota, JC Community, Fanfilms, Denver, and one other, was it Chicago? Something like that :eek:

This is getting INSANE!! I NEED MY BUFFY FIX, ARRRGGHH!!!!

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Anyone else able to get the "Fluffy" file to play? I get an error saying I need an upgrade, but then when I follow the directions and connect for the upgrade, I'm told they can't find what I need.

23. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    "Put me on the short bus and send me to clueless school" I LOVE LORNE!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Referring to Taeriel's Superman/Angel/Batman story:

That's pretty much a patched together story taking elements of past internet rumors, and true internet rumors that have already been changed or updated or completely dispelled.

About the only hard fact in there that is current is the fact that Mark Rattner is off Superman and the project is currently looking for both a star and a director. Boreanaz was looked at for the role along with just about everyone else in LA before it came down to Bomer and Fraser.

Christopher Nolan is already off Batman and on his next project, none of the Batman projects are currently in motion with the exception of Catwoman, and as of the WB press release yesterday, no decision on Angel's renewal will made until May.

I check about 5 different sources for movie news every day, of course things change daily.

25. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    OMG! Every new episode is better than the last!

ESC found out, Gunn playing the suave secret agent type, Gwen being, well, Gwen.

Of course the question now is, how did they discover ESC? I'm thinking it might have been Connor. At the end of last episode and the beginning of this one he has gotten a little odd around ESC, maybe he started to put her odd mood swings together.

Love this new side to Gunn. I think he has been one of the least developed characters in the show, they stuck him in, as Angel puts it, "muscle on deck."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.