main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Soc]The New Buffy/Angel Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi_Pilot, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    That would be cool.

Except the rumor is that the guy who played Angel,
    won't do a movie for Angel unless it makes it to the big screen.

Of course I haven't seen him in anything else besides Angel.

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i read in TV guide that CBS is thinking about doing a show about Spike.

James Masters is quoted as saying he would do it, but it would have to be soon. after all he does play a vampire who isn't suppposed to age.

Did you know he is 42!!! i was like holy cow, i wouldn't have guessed him to tbe THAT old. 36 maybe...

after totally falling in love with the 'Once More with Feeling' soundtrack. I looked on his site and he actually as an album coming out. interesting.

on a side note. i watched my favorite angel episode yesterday. it was on TNT. 'I Will Never Forget'.

i cry EVERY single time i watch that...stupid show. he he

3. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    Now is JM album coming out in stores, or do you only buy it online?

I would of bought one of his other albums, but it cost to much to buy online.

I hope they do have a Spike show with Illaria,
    and I hope it doesn't stink.
    I think the first show should conclude with the big fight from the series finale of Angel. They should come back as guest stars.
    Then show what happened in the fight, and who lives.

4. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    James Marsters had a band called "Ghost of the Robot". I have one of their 4-song EPs. It's not bad - a little more mellow than I expected.

5. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    So they cancled Tru Calling after what, the fourth show of second season?

To bad. Now the only shows I watch on Fox are TMNT and That 70's Show. I was enjoying Tru Calling too.

I got the first season of Tru Calling, hopefully they'll come out with the second.

It is annoying how they don't give new shows a try. Although this got more than most. They cancled Wonderfalls after the 4th show. I saw the entire season and that was pretty good.

That was a bad move on Fox part for canceling Tru Calling.

6. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    Xander is going to be in a new show this fall.
    I have no idea what it's called, or what channel it is on.
    But I did hear the part that he is in it. Does anyone have any info on that?

Also, Angel is on a new show called Bones that will be on Fox this fall.
    I hope it's good, and I think it's kinda funny. He didn't want to do a TV movie for Angel, he only wanted to do big screen movies.
    Ha!

7. joedimaster

joedimaster Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    hey buffy_wine - there's so much theater talk in between on the newbie thread that I thought I'd respond to your favorite character question over here where it's a little more appropriate.

anyhow, overall I think I go with xander, but giles and spike are right up there. With Giles and Xander I think it's the same sort of reason most people like Batman - a hero with no powers - and even Spike, who does have powers, sort of always actually wants to be a hero. I love it when characters embrace their heroic destiny. It can be a little irritating in stories sometimes to have characters like Buffy who are chosen and all they seem to do is whine about how they wish they could be just a normal girl like everybody else - are you kidding? Almost everyone watching the show is tired of being a regular person and would give anything to have special powers and a cause to fight for.

I also really like Wes once he's on Angel and gets a little less goofy, but if we're adding Angel I have to say I'm a big fan of Lindsey.

Yes, that's right - I'm a young, male Buffy fan and none of my favorite characters are hot evil-fighting chicks. I think it's because I never find female characters nearly as funny (except Anya, which explains why she's my favorite girl).

8. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    Cool.

I also liked Illaria in Angel. I liked the way she beat up on Spike, and they later became friends.
    Jocye was a good character too.
    I like Wesly better on Angel as well, but it was funny when Giles and Wesly were fighting in battle. Xander is also my favorite, but Spike is still on top of my list as well as Oz.

I think the actor, Seth Green, does an amazing acting job. Since he can play serious, and really funny. (Rat Race, That 70's Show).

9. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    I found out the name of the show that Xander is going to be on.
    It is call Kitchen Confidentialed.
    Supposed to be a comedy.
    Not sure what channel it is on, or what time.

10. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    The Sci-Fi Channel will be airing all 14 episodes of Joss Whedon's Firefly beginning next Friday, July 22. I believe that episode 1 airs @ 8 PM in the midst of Sci-Fi Friday, but you might want to check your local listings to confirm the showtime(s). FYI.

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ok i don't know HOW good a source this is, but a jr. high girl told me she saw angel on the new show in USA the closer.

not sure i didn't actually see it myself.

12. joedimaster

joedimaster Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    Okay - I can't let a mention of Firefly go by without comment. As most people reading this are fans of both Buffy and Star Wars, I hope it's no point of contention that Firefly is fantastic. Space western perfection with a deftly handled large group of characters, great effects (especially for TV), Whedon's typically funny dialogue, etc.

If you haven't seen it, I absolutely insist you catch it on SciFi or buy/borrow the DVDs. As a dedicated Browncoat, it's my duty to get as many people hooked in time to show up for the big screen rebirth, Serenity, at the end of September. And if you should happen to be a Nielsen household or something, my insistence that you watch it can be considered begging!

I'd love to talk more about Firefly/Serenity on here, and was thinking of starting a specific thread, but I don't want to burn it out too early. But if others of you are fans, it'd be great to know.

13. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    I started watching Gilmore Girls (sp)
    and I realized Jonathan from Buffy is in it.
    He was one of my favorite characters in Buffy.

Also, my brother told me that it is now official.
    JW is going to direct the next X-men movie.
    I hope it is still good. It has a chance
    since Buffy was good.
    But I'm afraid that X-men is going to be like the Batman series after the first two.
    A new director every time.

14. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    It's not only not official, it's not even close to accurate.

Joss Whedon has nothing to do with X-Men 3, which just began shooting under the direction of Brett Ratner (Rush Hour, Red Dragon).

Joss Whedon's next project after the release of Firefly is Wonder Woman.

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i was at the theater the other day and they are already advertising X3 for next summer.

16. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    Ooooooooooo. That's even better.
    How does the X-3 preview look so far? I haven't seen any yet.
    So who got the Wonder Woman role?

17. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    b_w, I'd recommend Superherohype.com for updates on comic book adaptations such as Wonder Woman & X3.

X3 (as indicated by O_W) is indeed being helmed by Brett Ratner & is slated for a release date of May 26, 2005.

I haven't seen any trailer material myself.

Joss Whedon had a recent interview at In Focus in which he discussed both Serenity & Wonder Woman. He also muses on Star Wars and Star Trek. Interesting read.

I rented Wild Things 3 this week. Ugggh....what a dreadful excuse for a 'film'. And, I use that term very loosely. But, it served its' purpose of providing background noise & the occasional distraction from working on reports that evening. The only real point of bringing this up was that they filmed the high school scenes at the same location as Sunnydale High from BtVS.

18. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    You could have saved yourself the rental fee and just watched re-runs of Beverly Hills 90210, same High School [face_shame_on_you]

19. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes, but would they have contained the same 7-minutes of vaccuous examples of soft-core girl-on-girl that this lame movie did?

20. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    You don't remember that hot Donna-Brenda-Kelly action in episode 13 of season two....oh wait that was in my head :D

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i am very excited for the both of you.

22. YUK

YUK Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2003
    YUK!

23. buffy_wine

Nov 8, 2003
    James Marsters will be playing Brainiac
    on Smallville this season!

24. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Quick reminder that Joss Whedon's Serenity takes flight in theaters on September 30, a mere 15 days away.

I am getting WAAAAAY stoked to see this on the big screen....finally....

I've tried to remain as spoiler free (although I did unfortunately read a HUUUUUUGE one just yesterday), but preliminary reports from the 'rough cut' screened in select cities/venues back in April have all been extremely positive.

Someone either described it, or quoted Joss as describing it as the movie for folks who wanted more out of Star Wars .

25. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Stumbled across this nifty Int'l poster for the film:

[image=http://www.serenitymovie.net/media/serenityintlposter.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.