main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Soc]The New Buffy/Angel Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi_Pilot, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    5. Faith***badass hottie who could have avoided tons of heartache if B would have been a better friend and mentor. Best at action sequences and given great dialogue. Gotta love the girl!!

4. Anya***love her awkward ways. Her obsession with economics and childlike clueless nature are endearing. Loved that she was a strange human back in the day, as well. Thought it made her eccentricity seem genuine, not demon-induced.

3. Jenny***thought way more could have been done with her character, but loved her nonetheless. She had her own loyalties, and agenda, but never truly forgot the scoobs in her plans. Loved Giles :(

2. Willow***Why not? Shes hot and used to be a geek.

1. Tara***The sweetest, most loyal character I have ever seen. She personified all of the vital qualities the others lacked. She made sacrifice, without looking for reward or praise. She was great, and I miss her......still :)

Just in case anyone is wondering why dearly beloved James isnt on this list........its cuz he'll be on the next one [face_devil]

2. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    no new Buffy tonight but there will be next week then another re-run and all new episodes through May with the last one on May 20th.

Does anyone want to have a Buffy farewell party?

could do it on the weekend or if we dare on the last Tuesday! (gasp)

3. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Sounds like a nifty idea to me. :D

4. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    :cool: JP I knew there was a party animal in there

okay, cuties guess the other topic did not stir your emotions up or whatever. . .

anyhoo, next topic is

BEST BIG BADS

here is my list

5. The Mayor

4. Nerd Troika-Warren, Andrew, and Jonathan

3. Dark Willow

2. Spike and Drusilla and Angelus from Season 2

1. Glory

I always thought Adam was kinda lame and my judgement is out on the First Evil.

5. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Okay...top five baddies

5. Angelus**what a poof! Great villain, but i just couldnt stand him on Buffy. Liked him lots better on AtS.

4. the Master**not too scary, but plenty of laughs and he did kill B, even if Xander brought her back

3. the Troika**never liked Warren, thought he was way too twisted, even for a villain. Always loved Jonathan, though, even before the poor kid had a name, lol. Andrew grows on me every day....gotta love that boy.

2. Glory**God of bad home Perms, and funny, funny lady. Her lumpy minions were great, and she was just so darn tough.

1. Spike and Dru**two of the greatest big bads of all time. Love Dru's crazy ramblings, and Spike's dedication to her is inspiring. Thought these two grew so much, and was honored to see it. True, poor Spikey went good, and Dru almost got staked by him...but these are still my two favs.

WHere is Harmony, you ask? Maybe in a different category. Top five dowagers at Sunnydale high that were in more than one ep, maybe? Perhaps top five people with minions? I just dont know ;)

6. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Top five baddies eh? Okay here goes:

Number 5: Ethan Never a major problem, but his antics were always amusing. From the "Halloween" costume curse to the candy that made adults act like children, to changing Giles into a demon, Ethan could always be counted on devising a way to cause Buffy, and more importantly, Giles problems.

Number 4: The Troika Other than Warren, these guys were out mostly for fun didn't understand the consequences of going up against the slayer. Andrew, Johnathan, and to a lesser extent, Warren treated their capers like a game. They always came up with cool plans, had cool gadets, and always related everything to Star Wars. :) Even in the end when Andrew turned on Johnathan he was just Warren's patsy. Warren was the only one purely evil in the group. I especially liked the constant bickering and one-up-manship that went on. Just alot fun watching them and trying to figure out what they were going to do next.

Number 3: Angelus Talk about doing a complete 180. Here we have noble Angel, his soul tortured by past evil acts, helping Buffy rid the world of evil. Angel and Buffy fall in love, and despite knowing Angel can never have true happiness, decide to have full relations. The resulting act triggers the gysies curse and Angel is no more. The reulting Angelus is evil incarnate. He mercilessly tortures Buffy and the rest of the scoobies. Then he takes charge and lays the law down to Spike and Drusilla. Only after some really horrible acts (killing Ms. Calender for one) is Buffy able to bring herself to slay Angelus not only to destroy him, but to save him.

Number 2:Vampire Willow I liked when Willow began abusing magic and REALLY liked it when she was out to kill The Troika and ,oh yeah, destroy the world. But even more than I like Willow's evil vampire doppelganger. The timimg of when she was introduced in the series was perfect as Willow was still extremely innocent and shy. It reminded my alot of Angel/Angelus. I liked the way she did what ever it took to get what she wanted. I also liked how she referred to Angel as her puppy in "The Wish". I always hoped she would show up in future episodes.

Number 1: Glory Mistress hits it dead on. I also liked that Glory at times was pretty dumb for a bad guy. And her constant obsession with fashion was amusing. To date, I believe she was Buffy's toughest opponent.

I almost put Faith in Angelus' spot but decided he had caused more damage than she. I also really wanted to put The Mayor in. But in looking at him, he was more bark than bite. He went out rather easily. Spike just never could do enough to really be a bother to Buffy.

WHere is Harmony, you ask? Maybe in a different category. Top five dowagers at Sunnydale high that were in more than one ep, maybe? Perhaps top five people with minions? I just dont know

"Oh Spike, help me! Buffy's coming to kill me! I'm her arch-nemesis!" Oh she cracks me up. Just try to imagine Cordy and Harm as a vampire duo. That'd be worth watching. :)

EDIT: I hope I got all the spelling and grammatical errors out.

7. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    Darth Moby :(

Number 1: Glory Mistress hits it dead on

although happy to see you agree with me!

Glory was my NO.1 Big Bad
    Mistress is my friend and I'm the spikealus

8. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    okay just in case anyone saw Angel tonight if not then you missed a great episode

I'm so glad to have Buffy and Angel to escape reality.

have to say I really became creeped out by this episode

Jasmine is so pretty, cool, sweet (oh, no! I have a blank look in my eyes and feel so good and now my life has purpose b/c of Jasmine)

must worship Jasmine and protect her. . .

anyhoo, j/k there

her face was so icky, ick and yucky, yuck
    the girl needs to exfoliate and soon.
    And don't get me started on the guy's face from the hospital maybe its the Catholic in me but I started getting all freaky with the Revelations and anti-Christ similiarities.
    although someone mentioned in another board it was more like the Bodysnatchers.

Gina Torres plays Jasmine perfectly and her smile is just so sinisterly sweet.

thought I would hate this storyline but really can't wait for more, more, and the rumors are the season finale is just spectacular.

Cordy did bad imitation of someone in a coma. her eyeballs kept rolling around and blinking.

gotta go

9. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    This ep creeped me out too, Spikey. If I had done my top five big bads after I saw this one, I think Miss Jasmine would probably have a place on my list. We'll see how it pans out.

Evil is always scarier when it adopts the guise of good. Glad at least one of the fang gang saw it. Wish I hadnt seen it [face_shocked]

Felt so bad for Fred when everyone was like, "shes evil, lets kill her." Big sign of brain mojo, that one. Hope she finds an ally or two pretty soon. Thought she covered pretty well, but think Jasmine was on to her from that moment on. Cant she read minds, or something?

I really wonder why she was taken in by the glamour at first and then saw the true beast. Thats going to play out in an interesting fashion, methinks.

ITA with Spikey about that exfoliant. Looks like she might need one with a pesticide base. Maggots are not my bag, baby!

Wonder why she keeps referring to herself as a power. Does she mean TPTB? Maybe its a clue, who knows.

Cant wait til next week [face_devil]

10. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Didnt want our beloved thread to slip into oblivion.......what would Joss think?

BUMP!!

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003

Sorry, I haven't quite caught up on everything since being away...

Liked this week's episode. Jasmine is creepy! Her nice act is nigh well perfect... it was almost enough to make me doubt myself that she was evil, and I haven't even been mind wammied!

I wonder if Fred suddenly seeing through the ... is it a glamour? ... I wonder if it has anything to do with what she said right before that, ie that it hurt if she was away from Jasmine for too long. Or also, she was handling Jasmine's blood on that shirt. Neither fits with why random guy saw through it from the get-go, though. In any case, this is obviously something Jasmine didn't expect to happen, and doesn't understand the cause of. I'm guessing she may want to catch Fred so she can find out why she isn't affecting 100% of the population.

12. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    hey T,

I think you are right on the blood of Jasmine is what knocked some sense into Fred.
    IMO, the other guy at sidewalk cafe just saw her true face naturally. He was "called" w/o being exposed to her blood.

now, off to worship Jasmine

toodles

13. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Are you sure, Taeriel? :D

I think that Jasmine is not yet as powerful as she would like to be, and therefore her glamour is slipping. It might also explain why Cordy is alive but in a coma as Jasmine is still feeding off her life force.

14. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    hhmmm, JP are you sure you don't read spoilers? :D

that seems very possible and believable but I like the fact some people inherantly can see through the mask and see the evil.

she definatly is vulnerable by being human and maybe as her power grows, she will become invinciable (oh, that reminds me of that Pat Benetar song) anyway, it weirds me out to the Nth degree that Jasmine is nursing off Cordelia in a sense to maintain or grow strong. oh well a mother's work is never done.

later

15. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    okay, bored now with the old topic of big bads so here is another one. . .

TOP FAVORITE SONGS FROM THE BUFFY MUSICAL YOU KNOW YOU BELT OUT IN THE SHOWER OR IN THE CAR

1. Rest In Peace- Spike serenades Buffy

2. Under Your Spell- Tara serenades Willow and Amber Benson has the best voice

3. Overture/Going Through the Motions- I've felt this way so enough said

4. Walk Through the Fire- the whole gang sings in this one and Buffy angst

5. Standing- Giles serenades Buffy no, really love the emotion felt through the song his deep affection for his Slayer

love this soundtrack [face_love]

ow! the yellow hurts your eyes. sorry my bad.

he he ehe

16. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    No, I don't read spoilers, not intentionally anyway. I just watch too much TV and read too many books. :D

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003

JP - of course I'm not sure! I'm just guessing. I agree that it's quite possible Jasmine isn't as powerful as she would like/needs to be. That could fit with the foreshadowing of something happening soon. However, I do think that she wasn't expecting to have problems with the glamour, regardless... there was something in her expression when she said "I don't know" when asked what was wrong with the guy. All was not right with her world.

Favorite musical songs:

1. If We're Together
    2. Under Your Spell
    3. Walk Through the Fire

18. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Spikealus,

How'd I know Spike's song would be number one for you. 8-} :)

My favorite has Spike singing in it but it isn't Rest In Peace. So here's my five.

Number 5: Rest In Peace
    Number 4: Something To Sing About
    Number 3: Under Your Spell
    Number 2: I've Got A Theory / Bunnies / If We're Together
    Number 1: Walk Through The Fire

WOW! That was hard! I like all the songs almost equally with the exception of "I'll Never Tell". It is my last favorite song on the album and I still like it. People at work look at me all the time because I can't get the songs out of my head and I am constantly whistling them. Needless to say, I am hopelessly addicted to the album! :)

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'd be up for a Buffy farewell party, either on the weekend or the Tues night.

20. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Favorite Songs

1. Walk Through The Fire

2. Rest in Peace

3. Under Your Spell

4. Something to Sing About

5. I've Got a Theory

21. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    new episode tomorrow night just in case you forgot :D, :)

22. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    okay new topic b/c I'm bored so let' go with hhhmmm, to honor my bad mood how about

MOST HATED CHARACTERS :mad:

5. Darla- season 1, she was just so skanky

4. Xander-only when he hits Spike and gets all judgemental. also he left Anya at the altar.

3. Veruca the Werewolf Slut!- she slept w/ Oz and she sucked as a singer.

2. Riley Finn-boring, boring, and he hit Spike

1. Principal Robin Wood- tried to kill Spike and kept macking on Buffy.

don't forget come visit me at the Buffycon. I'll be so lonely

toodles

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    You know, Spikealus, I've noticed a trend in criteria for your least favorite characters: 3/5 of them are people who have hit Spike. :p

8 mins to new Buffy!

24. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    8 minutes left in the new Buffy, and so far it may be my favorite episode since the musical.

An evil vineyard...like Falcon Crest. :D LOL

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    That was great. WOW! Back later when I've had some time to digest it.

wow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.