main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Thread v5.0: Now with Cutting-Edge Digital Art!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    You guys seen this yet?
    http://mftm.blogspot.com/2006/09/300-2007-promo-trailer-scoop.html

Could be fun.
    Lots of yelling.

2. Evil-Henchman

Evil-Henchman Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2004
    Looks nifty.

3. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Yes, I'm aware. Next up: that Armin Shimerman guy. People like me must do something about him. :D

4. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Maybe you could do something about Uwe Boll, then?
    I haven't seen his films, but his publicity is getting pretty annoying.

EDIT: You know what, scratch that. I've got a much better list around here somewhere.

5. Constant_shadow

Constant_shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    Hopefully Lowtax will do something.

6. bgii_2000

bgii_2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    Damn. I've been lurking around, hoping to get #100, but Kij421 got it instead. Guess I'll settle for #94.

Have we started thinking about the title for the next one?

7. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    So... how come no one's talking about the trailer for Mark Milar's 300 adaptation?

It gets a gold star from me if only for the number of times someone goes 'RAWR!'.

8. Kij421

Kij421 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    What did I win? :confused:

9. Cramer

Cramer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2004
  10. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Posts left before the 10,000 mark. n00b. :rolleyes:

:p

A trip on the Skyway! [face_dancing]

[image=http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/7240/oldtramrv0.jpg]

You gonna be there? My gf and I will make it out to Village Pointe sometime before noon we hope. Give me a buzz if you're gonna be in town. :)

In other news, this week I started working at my college in the IDS (instructional design services) department. It's only a part-time temporary job, but let's just say with the amount of work they have on their plates I think I'll be around for a while. ;)

Nice thing about the setup right now is that I may be able to work in the same building that all of my classes are in depending on who works where that day. There's only a few of us doing it right now so it'd be awesome if I could just make a day out of it and both work and go to class!

The reason this is so cool for me is because I literally went all summer without any form of "staff" status anywhere. First I was approached by a local video production company and they asked if I wanted to be hired on as a part-time editor. I accepted and we went through the needed motions...but then right when I was set to fill out the forms and such they wouldn't get back to me. I called at least once a week for 7 weeks and finally gave up on them because not once did I get a return call or even an e-mail. Fun stuff.

That kind of stuff happened on and off all summer - most of what I did (which wasn't as much as I would have really liked to do) was freelance jobs and a couple of video projects (weddings, corporate videos, etc.) But hey it's all part of a bigger picture eh? Kept me jumping and I'm still here and kickin' so I guess I can't complain. :p

11. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    I know!
    I was impressed and posted it here, but I tell ya. It's hard to get a rise out of these people.

::hides::

12. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    ...why does it have wheels?

EDIT: Also, I just watched the new Weird Al video.

Best comment ever from a friend of mine. "Hey, I was in chess club in high school. But I didn't play; I was there to socialize."

M. Scott

13. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    In case the wires break. Duh. :oops:

14. BrandonFlyte

BrandonFlyte Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2004
    So I was driving with my buddy in Santa Monica today, talking about (true story) how cool Robert Rodriguez is and I look to my right out the window and I see a really tall guy in a bandana walking with, like, 4 little kids. Right away I knew it was Rodriguez so we parked the car and got out and talked to him for a minute. Really cool, approachable guy. He kinda seemed like he'd seen his share of filmmaker fans coming up to him on the streets, but still really cool about it. When I mentioned Grind House sounding really cool, he enthusiastically replied "Oh, man! It's going to be awesome". It was cool to see him really light up about it.

Moral of the story-- don't talk to strangers...?

15. -Spiff-

-Spiff- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    Yeah - I thought the 300 promo looked pretty cool. I wasn't moved by the "featurette" and it does seem to have a whole lot of CG to it... But I'd be interested to see a film about the Spartans. To be honest, everything I know about them I learned from Asterix. [face_blush]

-Spiff

16. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    How Covax introduced it to me (paraphrased, I don't remember exactly):

"Now I know our helmets suck."

17. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Oh, did you also fall into the magic potion when you were a baby?

18. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Yeah, from your "friend". Right.

19. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    Man... am I in fact so old that Canadian schools stopped teaching Ancient Greek History (back in my time is was just 'History') beind my back?

*sigh*

I'm not sure how historically accurate it's supposed to be - just look at Mr. Buzzsaw Hands. It is after all based on Frank Miller's Comic so the CG and the scenery that look like painted theatre backdrops suits the mood.

20. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    This is the first time we've had more than twenty consequitive minutes of sun during the past week here in Seattle. I'm tempted to bask like a cat in the sunbeam streaming through the windows...but I'm at the library, and I imagine rolling around on the floor and then falling asleep might be, you know...frowned upon. Heh. :)

21. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Chicago. Tornado Warning. Sky is pink.

Rock on.

22. Constant_shadow

Constant_shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    I love the rain. Trade you weather. We have too much sun right now. It rained a few days in a row, but it isn't enough.

Sleeping in a sunbeam sounds nice, except the sun would probably reflect off my pale skin and start a fire or something irrational sounding like that.

23. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Who would've thought all of this:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/Vaportrail1519/Spidey/Picture011-1.jpg]

would fit into this?
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/Vaportrail1519/Spidey/Picture008.jpg]

I've recieved the first component of this year's Halloween costume. Tomorrow, I add the new eyes to the mask.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/Vaportrail1519/Spidey/Picture010.jpg]

There will be some sawing, some lens trimming and some fabric gluing.
    This is going to be so sweet.

24. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    your hair is too large sir

the 80's were like five years ago

25. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    But the 90s were just a moment ago.

And wait a second.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/Vaportrail1519/Funk-Evil.jpg]