Social vs. Thread: Social Thread v9.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Aug 24, 2011.

Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. GreenGreatWarrior Force Ghost

star 4
    They're supposedly real. They all come from leaked copies which surfaced online earlier today.
  2. JediCow Jedi Master

star 2
    After seeing the "enhanced" shot of the door, I was getting ready to call this a hoax. I may not agree with most of the special edition changes, but I concede that they're at least competently made on a technical level. And that door shot just is not. In any way.

But then this shot of a dug surfaced:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1926919772609&set=vb.1230605332&type=2&permPage=1

[image=http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/318409_10150302423819932_679874931_7518249_4421595_n.jpg]

And as has been pointed out on more than one forum, it looks identical to the dug from Attack of the Clones:
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070310045148/starwars/images/e/e0/2DugsInDexs.jpg]

That would be a bizarrely specific attention to detail on the part of the hoaxer.
  3. Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    ...All those memories will be lost... Like tears..*gulps* in... rain...

TIME TO CRY.
  4. TrowaGP02a Force Ghost

star 4
    Anyone else going to Comic-Con NYC?
  5. R2-DK Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_conventions/b10290/31862495
  6. CountDoosheee Jedi Knight

star 3
    Those new Vader "no"s just sound so poorly mixed, I'd be amazed if they're real. Then again, I was amazed at the first Special Edition, and I was supposedly too young to know better, so ...

It's a very strange person indeed who could look at these changes (if any of them are genuine, mind you) and actually not be bothered.
  7. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    Brought to you by the people who gave Luke the Emperor yell while falling down the Cloud City shaft.

I don't get why they thought this would be any different.
  8. Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Grand Master

star 3

After a second viewing, the guy is definitely recording it playing from VLC player. If it was an HD tv or something I'd buy it, but its on his computer.

EDIT: just for fun, and to prove this is all fake: I'm going to quickly cg a scene from ROTJ and upload it by recording my screen. Then I'm upping it to a mysterious youtube account and calling it a shot from the blu ray. Let's see how people react...
  9. Teague Jedi Master

star 4
    Lucasfilm confirmed the "no," guys, it's real.
  10. Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Only the sound editing has been confirmed by Skywalker and Lucasfilms, but nothing about the door or sebulba-type walking into Jabba's throne room. Its wierd they wouldn't comment on the rest of the stuff leaked.
  11. Krintar Jedi Master

star 4
    And hilarious.
  12. Vidina Jedi Master

star 4
    Blu-Ray. I don't think I want these at all anymore. If only for the bonus material, then perhaps. But, come on, out of all the things they could fix, they fix actual performances now?

Vader going "no, nooo" is, to me.. I don't know. I'm slightly okay with it, as in it works, but not for me, because I know how it should be, and how it works better.(EDIT: You know what? No. God damn it, no. It's stupid.)
    CG Yoda in TPM: Sure, I'm actually okay with that. I mean, the puppet is still better, but put in context with the other two, I don't mind it that much.
    Obi-Wan's Krayt dragon call: Mhe, it doesn't sound as bad as I was led to believe, apart from the fact that it sounds more 'human', but it makes no sense to change it.
    Ewok eyes: Well, it could be worse. The Ewoks could be CG. Just saying.
    Greedo still shooting first: Well, who thought Lucas would actually fix that anyways?
    And as for the sabers? Stop saying you've changed something when you clearly haven't. I know lots of people, on here, for starters, that would fix all the sabers for FREE, dammit.
  13. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    Dibs on Empire!
  14. TrowaGP02a Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll do ANH, I feel like that's the least amount of roto.
  15. Vidina Jedi Master

star 4
    Huh. I thought they were up to your standards already.

And I'll gladly do Jedi myself.
  16. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    Empire's got the look I like, but it was still done on film and isn't quite consistent with itself. I'd just want to see some of that cleaned up, fix some of the weaker roto shapes.
  17. TrowaGP02a Force Ghost

star 4
    Time to critique the saber Adam posted on facebook.
  18. AndyJarosz Jedi Knight

star 2
  19. TrowaGP02a Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice. Damn imdb still refuses to condense my two profiles into one.
  20. Sith-Man Force Ghost

star 4
    Yippie! I have a new laptop. A pretty decent laptop of all things. lol
  21. Whiteley79 Jedi Knight

star 3
  22. Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Blu Rayyyy
    [image=http://raelliott.com/12.png]
  23. Cramer Force Ghost

star 4
    A Blu Ray special edition?

I'm out of it for a little while and everyone's getting delusions of grandeur...

But seriously, been a long time since I've seen this part of the internet. Good to see Adam, Teague, Boter, Trowa, Juan, and Vapes are all still here. I think the last time I was here the social thread was only on it's 5th version.
  24. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    Haha, I didn't even realize you hadn't been posting here. Facebook wins this round.

And mmm, those sabers. Look how fuzzy and grainy they are with those ever-so-off-white cores. Gorgeous.
  25. Cramer Force Ghost

star 4
    I've missed a lot, what happened to DV and Dorkman?
Moderators: AdamBertocci