Social vs. Thread: Social Thread v9.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Aug 24, 2011.

Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Sith-Man Force Ghost

star 4
    Thought someone might find this picture entertaining.
    [image=http://rocksclan.com/images/deadpoolstarwars.jpg]
    Deadpool is my favorite comic book character...
  2. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    Anyone who says Deadpool/Punisher/Lobo/Spawn/etc. is their favorite character often makes me want to keep a careful eye on them.

From a distance.
  3. Sith-Man Force Ghost

star 4
    Why?

He's not my favorite comic. Or I guess even my favorite character, for that matter, Green Lantern takes both those groups. He just always makes me laugh. Almost always enjoy his stuff.
  4. TrowaGP02a Force Ghost

star 4
    James Howlett for the win!
  5. Ende Jedi Grand Master

star 1
  6. Cramer Force Ghost

star 4
    Only 3 episodes? I'm not impressed. Had they said 3 seasons, then I would be. But as it is, they were shot 4:3, I'm not sure how they intend to convert that to 16:9 HD.
  7. Ende Jedi Grand Master

star 1
  8. drewjmore Jedi Master

star 4
    If you have QTpro also installed, mov gives you some flexibility. You can make simple changes like swapping the entire soundtrack in or out, and some basic editing right in the pro player without re-encoding. I think it also helps avoid some problems if you have to mix Mac and PC workflows, mov being an Apple product.

When I did the stuff for Stoyle's Bison's SW night, I borrowed a Mac and converted whatever wierd stuff they provided to PNGs, without really fooling with the best Mac->PC options. Syntheyes is also very happy with sequential images, so PNGs might save you some trouble in the matchmoving world, too.
  9. ObiJuan2080 Force Ghost

star 4
    I know the Red Cameras are all the craze now but for the people who can't get their hands on it, what do you think of the new Panasonic AG-HPX250? First ever P2 Handheld camera to record 10-bit 4:2:2 AVC-Intra.
  10. Krintar Jedi Master

star 4
    1x01, 3x17 and 5x25. One has to assume they've included everything in between as well, or nobody would want to buy it.
  11. AndyJarosz Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think that it's freaking awesome except for the chip size. It'll be a great camera though for work besides narrative. Big networks are gonna eat it up.
  12. Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Soooo, now I'm in the TOR beta... It's pretty awesome. Don't know what I can and cannot say, so I'll just leave it at this: every other mmo is in trouble.

EDIT: If anyone was signed up for the beta and just got an email: how unfunny was that? :p My friend just told me about it, then we checked their forums and now the site's down. People freaked out.
    #OccupyAlderaan
  13. ObiJuan2080 Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know exactly how everyone here feels about Apple and it's founder, but I think Jobs was a real visionary and innovator. May he rest in peace after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.
  14. GreenGreatWarrior Force Ghost

star 4
    This may interest a few of you here.

http://batman-news.com/2011/10/05/want-to-work-on-the-dark-knight-rises-visual-effects/
  15. R2-DK Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  16. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    So, my Halloween costume this year is a surprise for my new girlfriend. I'm posting here for opinions since she reads my Facebook. I just picked up the final piece of clothing today, so I tried it all on and took a quick photo:
    [image=http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/952/pottertest1.jpg]

The things I do for women.
  17. Sith-Man Force Ghost

star 4
    Not sure I know what that is... A nerd?
  18. TrowaGP02a Force Ghost

star 4
    With the scar you could be good enough to be a stand-in.
  19. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice!
    The scar kit and a wand are the only things left on my list.
  20. TrowaGP02a Force Ghost

star 4
    I know your faces aren't really the same, but something about the posture kills me hahaha I think it's great.
  21. HSJFILM Jedi Knight

star 2
    HAHAHAHAHAHA AH MAN! Im so going to tease you on MSN with this.

Makes me wish we had Halloween in the Netherlands, I want to dress up too :(
  22. Sith-Man Force Ghost

star 4
  23. -Phi- Force Ghost

star 3
    Why is it on your YouTube account? http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

Or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zatgnqdIefs if one insists on YouTube
  24. Sith-Man Force Ghost

star 4
    That's the same quality as the one on my account... So what exactly is the purpose of this link?

I posted the link to the one on my account because I hadn't found any downloads for it other than downloading from youtube, which is the 1080p vid on my account, which was actually in 2k resolution, which looks so amazing on my screen. lol
  25. -Phi- Force Ghost

star 3
    Because I'm pretty sure than an account named MarvelUK has the rights to upload an Avengers trailer to YouTube and that you do not. I don't expect YouTube to actually enforce that and take down your account, but they could.
Moderators: AdamBertocci