Sock Puppet Theater

Discussion in 'Providence, RI' started by idarii, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    hello one and all!

this is a week-long game that is going to be played with any and all members of both salt lake fan force and rhode squadron.

starting at midnight tonight board time (3 am for us in RI, and 1 am for those in UT), users can create a sock and post in this thread.

what is a sock? it is an alternate ID, different from your normal username, used so that no one knows the true identity of the poster. for example, my username is idarii, but i could register a new name like Marshmallow_Lover and post as that username, and no one would know it was me.

the goal of the game is to guess as many of the socks' true identities as possible. do some investigating to find out! visit the salt lake board to see if maybe someone's typing style looks familiar, visit the rhode island board to see if someone mentioned loving marshmallows at some point. and have fun!

at the end of one week (midnight board time on tuesday september 9) everyone will PM either idarii or marold with two things: 1) their sock name that they used for this game. 2) as many guesses as they like as to which sock they think was who. for example "i think that Marshmallow_Lover was idarii." obviously the person with the most correct guesses/answers wins.

here are the simple rules:

1. only one sock per user. we are playing with two cities, so we ask that everyone make only one alternate username/secret identity (aka "sock!")

2. the usual posting rules will still apply to your sock. no swearing, no flaming, no baiting, etc. in other words, what it says in the terms of service.

so get your socks at the ready! in approximately 2 1/2 hours from now (again, 3 am in RI, 1 am in UT), you may begin posting at will! have fun!
  2. kita_pounce Jedi Knight

star 1
    so wait...we have to actually submit another id...or do we just you know changed the one we got if thats possible...

*is confused*

3. Toe_Sock Jedi Padawan

Silly goose bumps :p You get to pretend you are someone new. A whole new name and face. Its like the witness protection plan only better because you get a prize at the end :D
  4. JediSaralyn Jedi Master

star 4
    Where are the socks allowed to post? Is it only on the UT and RI boards...or everywhere?

5. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    just the RI and UT board i believe, sara :)

and kita, yeah, you go under the login page and you say "sign me up!" then you make a new id like toe_sock said ... and pretend you are someone else

witness protection program lol :p
  6. JediSaralyn Jedi Master

star 4
    Picking a new name is so hard. :p
  7. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Lets try and keep the socks in this thread.
  8. Uglifruit Jedi Padawan

Rolls in.

Says hi to Toe-Sock.

"Hi to Toe_Sock!"
  9. Jabba_the_Pup Jedi Padawan

*tackles Ugliefruit and runs off* hahaha.
  10. Uglifruit Jedi Padawan

Oh no! I bruise easy!
  11. Toe_Sock Jedi Padawan

What up ugly! I can call you can't I? Sure I can, I'm the almighty Toe_Sock! Greatest of all socks! Bwhahahahahha!
  12. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello Socks!!! I'm not one of you, I'm a real person but I wanted to say 'hi' :}
  13. Uglifruit Jedi Padawan

Hello, Ondiv. Are you here to call me ugli too?

*Rolls under the table.*
  14. Toe_Sock Jedi Padawan

Ignore ondvi, she isn't a sock! I banish you to the outer-regions of the JC! Begone foul none sock!
  15. guess Jedi Padawan

*waves* hullo, I am a sock. Pleasure to make your aquaintance. I also guarantee that I am not a smelly sock, a brand new one in fact. :)
  16. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    anyone else having troubles making a sock? i've had three people tell me the same thing - that the system is not sending a confirmation email when you register. if alot of people are having trouble, we can postpone the game.
  17. JediSaralyn Jedi Master

star 4
    if you aren't getting your password, you could always ask and admin to get it for you. Knightwriter is quite nice about helping out. :)
  18. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I know with hotmail it doesn't always send your confirmation.
  19. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    good idea sara :)

i meant to mention earlier, if you're having trouble, don't post it here, but PM me. that way it's still unknown who has a sock and who doesn't.
  20. Chewsacca Jedi Padawan

*with a half eaten sock in his mouth*

I don't know what these things are for, but the sure taste pretty good.
  21. Sockme Jedi Knight

star 1
    What a foul stench in this thread! It smells like a locker room after the homecoming game in a small town in Minnesota!

Darn yourselves, socks!

Be proud of who you are! You are noble despite your lowly station in cyberdome. Rise up to your calling, empower yourselves to boldly post where no sock has posted before!!!!

Oh, nevermind, socks have posted on the Senate Floor! But Knightwriter gets them every time!!!!!! ;)
  22. Jabba_the_Pup Jedi Padawan

Come on socks, post like you've never posted before. We've got but a few days left. You're going to let those few days go to waste? :_|
  23. Sockme Jedi Knight

star 1
    My, my, my! What a lazy bunch of socks!
  24. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    okay guys and socks, i'm going to extend this game until midnight board time friday, sept. 12 due to this problem with socks. as sara said, PM knightwriter if you're having troubles with your sock password not getting to you. don't post troubles you may be having here though, just go to town with your sock :) :)
  25. Jabba_the_Pup Jedi Padawan

Who wants to play with me? I'm a fun loving sock. I do like to chew them up though. grrrr. they taste yummy too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.