main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Soft reset for GC

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SephyCloneNo15, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    So, when I was playing FE on GBA, if I accidently got one of my characters killed or used a class-change item on the wrong person, I'd do what's known as a "soft reset" by pressing L+R+Start+Select, as opposed to a "hard reset (turning it off and turning it back on). Now I'm playing FE on GC, and I have the same accidents and experimental mistakes, but have not been able to find a way to soft reset the GC. Is there some way to do it without getting up and hitting the Reset button?

BTW, for those not in the know, a soft reset can also be done on PS if you're good enough to get L1+R1+L2+R2+Circle+Square+X+Triangle+Start+Select

2. Death_Omega

Death_Omega Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    Reset button is the soft reset, I think there is a way using the controller but I'm not sure what the combination is, need to check my gamecube guide ;)

3. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Throw the controller at the GC...that usually works...

4. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    I also think the reset button is the soft reset- there may be some kind of combo for a "hard reset" though.

I could be mistaken, however- I've rarely had to reset the GCN.

5. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I think i read ages ago somewhere that if you hold down L, R, Z, A, B, X, Y and Start it resets, but i've never tried it so i don't know if it's true. The reset button is soft so long as you do it once and not a million times in a row.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.