main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Software for 3d like IMAX 3d

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by ObiMcD, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I was just curious if there was any software on the market that is capable of turning 2d film into 3d, like in Superman and the upcoming Harry Potter film. I just think it would be fun to try to learn how to do this as it seems like perhaps films will begin shifting towards this format.

2. DarthRicmu

DarthRicmu Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    well if there is... it surely is expensive... and the film will ofcource never become truely 3d unless shto with special camera's...

3. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Actually, I just saw a thing about the Harry Potter IMAX 3D thing, and they are actually modeling low-poly versions of the stuff in the frame to use for the 3D because it's not actually shot in 3D. As for other methods that don't require that much work (since the part in the HP film is only like 10 minutes long) I think there was another company developing a method to take any movie and make it 3D, but it's extremely expensive and besides that there's nothing that I can think of.

4. Josue

Josue Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2007
    I heard somethin wierd before, and saw it one tv, that to make a movie 3D, they took two things that play the movie at the theater, and pointed them both at the screen at angles, on on the left side of the screen, pointing to it at an angle and same for the other side, wierd, it was some years ago that I heard this tho.

5. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    It's something like that. I think to film it in 3D they use two cameras and then place the images on top of each other. But two projectors would probably work too.

6. Josue

Josue Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2007
    projectors, that's the word I was lookin for...

7. 1337mik3

1337mik3 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    I saw a making of some imax movies and they use three cameras, but two would work as well. If you project them in polarizing lenses, then wear polarized glasses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.