main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Software/Programs

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Ok then soneil, let me know what it's like ;)

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll be re-installing as soon as I get my new 120G hard drive (which I'll be adding to my existing 60G drive) :).

3. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    And here I am stuck with my 10gig :(

4. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Go the 10!

And I keep running out of room with my 230 (total) :(
    2x80's, 1x40 and 1x30.. I think the 30's due for retirement soon.. [face_plain]

Btw: a few programs to try out if ure interested

Motherboard monitor: new version out
    Cpuidle: keeps your cpu cooler while running (does work.. u can see the diff if u use mbm)
    Nvidia DvD: Free trial on thier page..

5. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah I still got 5.5 gig left since I keep my hard drive really clean. Mesa want new computer soon though.

6. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Windows Leghorn (Microsofts new OS) is being beta tested.. looks interesting. But its set for a 2004 release, so this version is probably as buggy as all hell ;)

EDIT: Damn links

7. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Leghorn??? Is that some kind of joke by Microsoft or something. That's got to be the worst name for an OS or any software for that matter.

8. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    ahaha, woops, typo.. longhorn not leghorn :D

Well its not the final name ;)

Like Windows Whistler, or as it is known now that its released: Windows XP..

Windows Longhorn will get a proper name.. eventually ;)

9. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    *lol* no worries Alex. I've just looked at the screenshots and it's a mixture of Red Hat Linux and Windows XP I reckon. That idea for 4 different desktops is a Linux thing. I might be getting a new computer next year and I'm going to make sure it's got Windows XP on it since I've seen it in action now and it's brilliant.

10. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I've decided that ICQ Lite is far to "lite" for my liking. Among other things, it appears to be missing a history feature, and I often refer to info that people have sent me in the past.

11. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I've got to agree with you soneil. I installed ICQ Lite last night. It's very quick adn simple for the beginner but I found that it's too lite. Alot of the features I use are not there or are not supported. Even ICQ Plus (ICQ Skinning Tool) doesn't work on it and another thing that annoyed me was the SPAM control on lite. It wasn't as robust and powerful as the one on 2002. I say everyone who uses ICQ, stick with or go to 2002a and not ICQ Lite. That way you won't get a headache like I did trying to get rid of ICQ Lite and trying to get 2002a working again.

12. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm glad I tried it before re-installing everything. I don't have to worry about getting rid of it. I'm still waiting for my new hard drive to arrive so I've been making use of the waiting time by testing several programs I wasn't sure about, that I normally wouldn't risk stuffing up my system with. :)

13. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    DirectX 9.0 is now available Here..

Plz read instructions.. BEFORE installing..

Plus, and i find this odd.. there is no reference to these drivers on microsofts direct x site.. they refer to dx 8.1 and dx 9.0 beta.. but not these.. which is wierd.. however, after installation it refers to them as 'English Final Retail'..

I'll try em and let ya know..

14. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    It is sort of a final release.. however I found this:

A source close to Microsoft's plans said that the download is really still a beta release candidate and not even RC1, and there will be more releases in the coming months.

That means, he said, that by then ATI will not have the only card that supports DX9 and that the driver support for this release is very very minimal.

Further, there does not yet seem to be a public SDK. Apparently Phil Taylor, in charge of the DirectX 9 programme at Microsoft recently left.

He said: "Anyone who uses this except on a spare machine is nuts."

I've been using it (since i didnt find that warning before i installed it) and have had no probs with it.. :)

And to test it out, theres a game demo that usese dx 9.0 here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.