main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Soldier's Dance--An Ani/Ami AU-------YOU HAVE BEEN EPILOUGED!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Clarus, Mar 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    Cat person?? HMMM ?[face_plain]

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Great post!

I feel sorry for Rabe though.

3. Clarus

Clarus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2000
    Thanks guys. I am so stressed right now, but I promised Ish that as soon as I can breathe, I'll finish this story. Then, I will probably take a haitus from writing fanfic and see if I have any talent for original writing left.

4. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Great post!!
    Go Ani!
    Go Ami!

Poor Rabé... :_(

5. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    :[face_sigh]: Poor Rabe. Poor, weak-minded Rabe. :( Well...I guess that was merciful compared to what Palpatine would've done to her if he knew she failed...

What's going to happen now? [face_shocked]

6. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    *snickers* One down, one left to go...

7. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    Whoo this rules! :D Good work, Clarus.

8. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
  9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Darnit, Clarus, you're so close! We're dying to get to the next part of this story and you poor thing, you're too busy to post! DARNIT!

10. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    I'm so sad :( None of my favorite fics are being updated... :(

11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    waiting for a post...

12. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    Okay, peeps, here's the plan. I am going to write the rest of this story--ending, epilogue, everything--and post it. Then I'm just going to step away until life becomes a bit less hectic. As in, after Christmas.

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    We'll miss you. Especially me who won't be here after Christmas for a year and a half. But I'm very patiently now waiting the rest and hope you have a less hectic life because you deserve reprieve.

14. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    Well, here's hoping life gets better :)

15. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    Anakin lost count of the attacks he had faced and deflected, but every muscle trembled, and his mind was shuddering under the weight of the power he wielded. Another powerful blow landed on his shields, a firm hit, and he staggered back several paces. The ground beneath him trembled, lurched, and the sprays of sulfur had increased; his precautions with the Force were beginning to lose their effectiveness as he gave way to exhaustion.

?Pathetic,? Sidious muttered. Anakin paid him no attention whatsoever, only concentrated on more power, more Force; it poured into his straining mind, through his hands, surrounded his body. To Sidious, it glowed, sickeningly white, throbbing with the pulse of Anakin?s strength. He sneered. ?How long do you think you can keep this up, boy??

Long enough, Anakin thought, but he said nothing.

As the fighting continued, Anakin felt himself sliding further and further away from his own body, the Force moving more to its own whims rather than his conscious commands. When Sidious lashed out again, with speed and strength that was stunning, surpassing everything that had come before.

Finally, Anakin?s shields split, crumbled, and evaporated into nothing.

Anakin fell to his knees, trembling uncontrollably.

Sidious laughed, and struck once more.

The blast was long and steady this time, a constant wall of pain that attacked him physically and mentally. It would be so easy, so easy, just to lay his head on this hot, hard rock, to close his eyes. So easy. Not to think anymore, not to feel, to join the Force, be One finally, be Home . . .

If I die here, so do my wife and child.

Force-blind Padmé would have no defense against this sadistic man, and Emma, powerful as she was, was hardly a month old. A great sense of purpose filled Anakin, and he surged to his feet even as the Force surged into him. Now he was glowing, and it would have been visible even to Padmé. The energy coursing around and through him opened his senses completely, and he stared straight into Sidious?s hateful eyes, speaking with a voice not entirely his own. ?It is time.?

What remained of Anakin?s mind was shunted forcefully aside as his body raised its arms and gestured toward Sidious. The Sith Master began to scream.

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|
    When Anakin woke, he was staring at his outstretched hands, wondering why they hurt so badly. Or one did, anyway. He managed a half-groan, then wished he hadn?t, because his throat was hoarse and raw. For that matter, so were his lungs. Why was that? Part of his mind, a very small, quiet part, reminded him that the air on this planet was not quite right, and that the sooner he got up and moved the sooner he would be able to breathe again. But, that voice was quiet, and easily overruled by the one who said that the rocks underneath his head weren?t all that sharp, and that it was quite nice to just lie here for a while.

The heat was becoming more intense. Anakin, mouth open slightly, breath coming in gasps, turned his head and stared, fixated on the strange light just beyond him. That?s because you?re sitting on the edge of a volcanic crater, you idiot.

Duly noted, Anakin thought to that quiet little voice. But I am so tired.

No other arguments were forthcoming, but it was hotter, and the bright pool was a lot closer now. He felt the heat increasing by degrees as he . . . slid? . . . further and further toward the brightness.

Won?t hurt long, Anakin thought, and let his eyes close as the fingertips on his right hand slipped into the softly glowing red magma.

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|
    I am not dead.

It was his first coherent thought, followed immediately by, But I sure wish I were. He moaned, then was forced to stop as his lungs burned for air that they could not draw. He was aware of cool sheets against his inflamed flesh, a terrible numbness in one arm, and then something cold and hard was pressed against his nose and mouth. Air flowed sweetly down his thro

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    You are definitely one of us! ::can't decide whether to whack her upside the head to do that to Anakin and Emma or give her a gigantic hug.::

17. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Yay! Go Clarus! Glad to see you haven't dropped off the face of the earth!!! Ack! What did that $@R%@#% Palpy do to poor lil' Emma?! GRRRR! DOWN WITH PALPY!!!! And Ani! How dare Palpy cause so much trouble!!! Well, I think that his ring of hell is a hot one!! ::AQ gives a satisfied look, which changes back to a worried one as she thinks of Ani and Emma:: And poor Pad, she had to kill Rabe!

You've done a great job with this entire story Clarus! I can't praise it enough! Keep up the great work!

AQ

18. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  19. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    :eek: HOLEYMOLEY!!! :eek:

What an intense post, Clarus!

Can't wait for more, but I'm sorry to see this one go.

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    INTENSE

ACTION-PACKED

SUSPENSE

SADNESS

Those words along with many other come to mind but the one that mostly sticks out is Speechless. One more post until the end, this fic has been fantastic all the way through

Am [face_love]

21. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    Great post! Can't wait for the epilogue! :D

22. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Too stunned at the moment to say anything other then ...

:eek:

23. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    Ohh....... my.... Force!!

24. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Great post!

25. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the comments, and you guys are so sweet to have come back to read this story!

Anyway, feeling perfectly depressed because I am now convinced there is not a SINGLE Japanese anime with a happy ending . . . Kenshin, Escaflowne, Trigun, Sorcerer Hunters, Sailor Moon . . .

*sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.