Hou, TX Solidifying the next Houston FF meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by goldbubbly, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldbubbly Jedi Master

star 4
    This Saturday, April 27 at 6 pm, Houston will have a Fan Force meeting, and we hope to get the ball rolling on this chapter.

We will be meeting at Brown Sugar's BBQ. The address and telephone number is:

111 Greens Rd
    Houston, TX
    (281) 876 - 4443

We will be discussing the upcoming ticket sales and the release of Attack of the Clones, suggestions as to how to get our FF chapter into motion, and whatever else might come up. We welcome as many people who want to, to join us at Brown Sugar's BBQ.

To refresh everyone's memory, and to tell anyone who's just now seeing the info, Brown sugar's BBQ is in Greenspoint, look it up on www.mapquest.com if you need to. I don't want anyone not making it b/c they got lost!

Thanx,
    Goldy

2. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    I will be there in full force!

Y'all come with all your nifty ideas about what we should do and how we should form our new FF chapter!

It's very exciting!
  3. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I've posted this at the main FF site. Good work, folks!!!
  4. Vadersnoghri Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wont be able to make the meeting. I would love to go, but work restraints wont allow it. I was wondering if everyone would be meeting to watch the movie on May 16th. Also does anyone know when tickets go on sale? My email is vadersnoghri@yahoo.com . May the force be with you.
  5. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Vadersnoghri, I'm sure the premiere will be dsicussed at the meeting. Might be a good idea to start a thread on the topic once we've discussed it.

Goldbubbly, might be a good idea to post this in the other thread, too. Too many threads on one topic is getting a bit confusing.

Anyway, I'll be there. Look forward to meeting everyone.
  6. Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Master

star 4
    This is great....
    "I will be there"
  7. dracula766 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello gang, I haven't posted before but I am interested in joining you guys on Saturday.
    Looking forward to it.

8. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    I will try to be there, and might be able to bring some others with me. Did you reserve a room or are we just going to take up what ever space we need?
  9. PolloDiablo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd just like to say hi to everyone, I'm so stoked that I finally found a Houston based Star Wars group. I'm definitely going to try to make it to the meeting on Saturday, but if I can't make it I'd really appreciate it if someone could post all the important stuff that was discussed on here, such as when & where everyone will be lining up for AOTC tix. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you on Saturday.
  10. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    I can't wait until Saturday, and I'm so excited that so many people are responding. It looks as though we should have a nice turnout.
  11. mikel_antilles Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi guys...First day posting.

I am not sure if I can make the meeting, but I will try.

12. PolloDiablo Jedi Knight

star 1
    If this turnout is good this could really be great, everyone who can even maybe come should do everything they can to make it.
  13. Jaina02 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nice to meet you mikel_antilles! As most of you know, I won't be attending the meeting (stupid prom!). But I'll be right in that area because our prom is at a hotel near Greenspoint. Can't wait for the next one!!!!
  14. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, we will miss you, Jaina, but we'll fill you in with all the nifty details.

And, you'll be having fun at prom!

:)
  15. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Queenie, pardon me, but do you live in Austin or Houston?
  16. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    I am a native Houstonian, bay-bay! And proud of it. ;)

I'm just visiting this little "city" they call Austin long enough to get my degree. Only...one...more...year...

I'm in Houston on weekends & in the summer.
  17. Omegacron Jedi Padawan

I plan on being there, but may not be able to. If nothing else, it would be a really good excuse to get a really big chicken fried steak. : )

Hope to meet you all there!
  18. bebo_lokk Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow! just a few weeks ago this was a lonely board and now looky.
    Hope to meet y'all Saturday.
  19. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    I know, it's awesome. There's at least one new post in Houston now every time I log on!
  20. Mexican_Jedi Jedi Padawan

Finally, I'll be there. The last time attended a meeting it was a total bust, it was at a Pizza Hut; the thing wrong with the meeting was that the Pizza Hut was a Delivery Pizza Hut...LOL
  21. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Wow! just a few weeks ago this was a lonely board and now looky.
    Hope to meet y'all Saturday.

Well, the new movie has stirred up some excitement, but hopefully we can keep the momentium going. I mean, you'd think Houston would have enough people to keep it going. It's not like we're the 4th largest city in America, or anything. ;)
  22. mikel_antilles Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can go, i can go :)

and I am bringing the little woman with me.

How are we going to find each other when we get there.
  23. weaves Jedi Knight

star 1
    see everyone there!!!

24. Jaina02 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Y'all (look at me- pure Texan!) might want to post pictures of each other here, or maybe agree to wear a similar color. Of course you could always walk into the restaraunt and shout "ALL HOUSTON STAR WARS FANS COME HERE!!!!!!"

Or not...
  25. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Well, I'll know Weaves and I think I'll recognize bebo_lokk, but you're right, I won't have a clue what everyone else looks like. Suggestions? I'd rather not post my pic here, and don't even have a real clear one to post, anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.