main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Solidifying the next Houston FF meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by goldbubbly, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PolloDiablo

PolloDiablo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Everyone should get as many people as they can to come to this, the more the better. oh, by the way this is
    Me so if you see me there, or maybe in line stop by and say hello

2. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Somebody needs to notify the restaurant & let them know we're doing this. I've never been there so I don't know the layout of the place but my guess is that we should pick a corner & put a sign there.

-Ramiro

OOH OOH
    do we get little
    "HELLO MY NAME IS..."
    tags too???

3. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    It didn't work, Diablo.

:(

4. exthx

exthx Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    Hi guys, I'm flying to Houston to see AOTC
    before everybody else in Europe.(the movie comes out on the 17 th in France)
    Didn't wanna wait!!!
    I'm a new comer Here at the FF Houston Forum,
    but i'd like to meet up with ya!
    I'm originally from Paris (France, not TX)
    and i am the biggest SW fan outhere...
    At least in France! I'd be happy to dress up and party on the 16 th wherever we go...
    AMC Weistheimer, Galleria, Sugarland, any idea? whenever you hear something about pre-sell tickets, mail me at exthx@yahoo.com,
    and hook me up on the location, i'll have a friend of mine getting a ticket for me.
    hope to meet ya soon.

"You call that a diplomatic solution,
    No i call that agressive negociatons!"

Padmé.

5. exthx

exthx Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    By the way...one more question just to know who's who!
    - who is (only) into the classic Trilogy?

- who's more turned on by TPM abd AOTC?
    Finally

-who's a true Starwars fan, just enjoying the movies as long as they feature Light sabers, padawans, and sith...
    Just wonder, because i'm crazy about the whole thing since 1980.

6. mikel_antilles

mikel_antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    Geez, I would have to say that I love it all. I am heavilly reading the EU, and I have loved all the movies. People Like Jar Jar, and Ewoks don't bother me.

I do prefer more of the adult humor(900 year old Jedi trying to steal Luke's pen light), but D&ck and fart jokes will always hold a special place in my heart.

7. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    [face_shocked] wow 30 responses!!

Well, i don't want to post my pic either, but i can say that a way you will be able to identify my group is that it'll be my dad, my sis, and me. So look out for a 40-ish man with two late teen girls. 8-}

This should be awesome :D

-goldy

8. weaves

weaves Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2001
    i'm the dork that looks like shaggy from scoobie-doo...

9. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    OK, I know how people can recognize me. I'll be wearing the One Ring around my neck. That's usually pretty easy to spot.

By the way...one more question just to know who's who!
    - who is (only) into the classic Trilogy?

I'm not only into the CT, but I don't like the revisionist history that GL is doing with the PT and SE. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to AOTC, and even more so, E3.

- who's more turned on by TPM abd AOTC?

Less so than the Classics, but, yes, as I said, I look forward to AOTC anyway.

-who's a true Starwars fan, just enjoying the movies as long as they feature Light sabers, padawans, and sith...

Ultimately, that's all that it takes to entertain me with a SW movie, but it takes more than that for me to love it as much as ANH.

Also, I'm not a strong EU supporter. I borrow from it in RPGs, but in the end, I actually make a point to avoid it (except Zahn, Zahn is "the man"). I guess I'm what you'd call a purist, only not as hard core as Binary Sunset.

So, exthx, what is your connection to Houston? Did you attend school here?

10. Darthmusic

Darthmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I'm very new to the FF forums but am excited about a Houston Fanclub. I saw it on the mainpage and decided to look. I'm going to try to go tomorrow but not sure if I can because of work. However, I am also wondering does the restaurant know about this or will this be a surprise to them.

11. Quarantine

Quarantine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    How many people are coming? Because if there's 20 or so than YIKES the restaurant will be in for a surprise!

And if ya want to look for me I have long brunette hair and i'll be with a goofy looking girl. 8-}

12. mikel_antilles

Apr 25, 2002
    I agree with Quarantine, we may want to get a final count and see about calling ahead of time to get a table.

13. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    It looks like this will be unexpected for the restaurant. As for how to recognize each other: we could wear Star Wars shirts. ;)
    I will probably be wearing one anyway since I usually do that anyway on the weekends. It looks like I will be there with 2 or 3 other friends.

14. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    Some of my pics are located here

most of 'em shows my costumes, but I don't think I'll be wearing any of them on Saturday...unless.oO()

15. mikel_antilles

Apr 25, 2002
    Hmmmm.....I don't have any Star Wars shirts, but I will hang out with the first person I see wearing one.

I am definatly going to have to pick one up at C2

16. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    HEY GOLDY!

Does Brown Sugar's know that we are coming?

-Ramiro

17. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    um, actually...as far as I know they don't. Sorry I've been kinda limited in my computer access the past couple of days and have just checked in now and then...I didn't think to call ahead because for quite a bit there it seemed like we wouldn't even have enough members for it to count as a meeting....now things are...heh much different looking aren't they.

Uhh weaves just how big is this BBQ place? I'd think they would be able to handle us...

My plan is to also look for someone wearing a starwars shirt, and hope they are part of us!

-Goldy

18. PolloDiablo

PolloDiablo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Is there anykind of official count so far of the people attending this meeting? If its more than 10 (which it looks like it is) it would probably be a good idea to call ahead and reserve some space.

19. exthx

exthx Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    Cool answer MIKEL ANTILLES, same for me it goes from the "i love you-i know..." last convo between Han & Lea on Bespin TO
    Watto's scepticality (is this an english word,) towards Jedi's mind tricks in TPM TO
    Padmé's charm when she seems to fight against her growing feelings for Ani in AOTC. Ecclectic tastes, but ecclectic talent from GL to begin with.
    hope 2 see you on the 16 th... i'll be with 3 nice ladies...the french touch! just kidding.
    Hi DARTH-STRYPHE, yeah my connection is :
    studies in Austin for 2 years, bestfriend in Conroe for ever.
    girlfriend in San Antonio for 6 months,
    and now fiancée in Dallas Frt Worth for 2 years.
    I come to H-town everyonce in a while for fun, it's my favorite get away (bmw, wake board Starwars trip). I personnally think that Houston is one of the coolest cities in the world, and i've traveled a lot.
    What part of town do you go to, to hang out? where r u from?
    Later

20. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I personnally think that Houston is one of the coolest cities in the world, and i've traveled a lot.

Well, my brother would gladly trade places with you. He's dreamed of living in Paris ever since his intership in Toures, France.

What part of town do you go to, to hang out? where r u from?

I live in Spring and am from Dallas.

21. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Alright, I counted up the responses in this thread, and if I'm correct, there are 16 positives, and maybe 18 or more total with the maybes.

So, I am going to call the restaurant and let them know that we are coming with about 20-25 people.

That big of a group should not be too difficult for anyone to find. ;)

See y'all tonight!

EDIT - Done! They will be preparing for our group of 25 at 6 pm.

22. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Hey y'all!

For those of you who catch this before you head out tonight:

When you arrive, please notify the restaurant that you are there for the party of 25 that called ahead today. Whoever is the first person will then reserve our spot, and everyone else will easily be directed to the group. This should eliminate some amount of confusion.

For those that do not see this post, I am sure it will not be too entirely difficult to find our rather large group.

Okay, see y'all tonight!

23. FusionBlaster

FusionBlaster Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Thanks a lot Queenie. I certainly plan on being there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.